Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#26 Old 25th May 2018 at 5:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Blyss
So I tested your career/outfit in game. I get the same results as you with the grey suit.
I had a look at your files and got a really close one to the SIMO/outfit file. It looks like the culprit to me. Now I'm not sure what went wrong, but it looks like it's not referencing the right CASP files.

See those lines should be the same as the two CASP of the clothing parts you added in Simo Outfitter.

All I did really was recreate the SIMO file using the CASPs from the outfit and shoes your shared with me and with the same name as your original one. I then replaced the original SIMO file in S3PE with the edited one.

Now the SIMO is referencing the right files.

When I get back in game, I should now have the right outfit, yes?

So, I'm not sure what happened when the SIMO file got generated, but did you use the CASP from those final versions of your outfit and shoes packages? Could it have been a simple hiccup?
Anyways, I would try redoing the SIMO. But if you still have problems, I shared the edited file in PM.

Yup, thats the 2 files I used. I'm not sure what happened either. Maybe it was just a hiccup! Now, to pick your brain a bit in case something similar should happen in the future, how did you figure out all the (seemingly random) numbers (lines 15 & 19 in the original) were the ones that didn't match? Was it just from looking for the 0x034AEECB bit? And what if In the edited file I switched the numbers in lines 16 & 1A? Would that get me the grey outfit or would it still work right?
Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 26th May 2018 at 8:59 AM
Yes, first thing I did was look for the lines beginning with that particular string of numbers and letters (0x03AEECB).

Each file in a package has a TGI (Type, Group, Instance). All files in a package are idenitified thanks to those three different elements.

For example, your Body CASP is : 0x03AEECB-0x00000000-0x6FC92B9F23BC8201

• The Type determines the type of file. I looked for the lines beginning with 0x03AEECB, which identifies CASP (CAS parts) files. In this case, the SIMO file should be present and reference the different clothing or accessory items you used to create the outfit.
  • The Group seems to refer to specific EP or Stuff pack the file is from. For example, 0x00000000 indicates it's a base game file. In the SIMO file, I was surprised to see that number to be the same as the Type.
  • The Instance is the unique number identifying a particular file. In the original SIMO file, it didn't correspond to any of the files present in your package.

And that's what I looked for and how I came to think something must have happened when generating the SIMO file.

When you say "switching", you mean changing the numbers?
Well you could eiter end up referencing another exisiting CASP file in game (if you happen to type in an already existing instance number for example) or yes, you would get the grey suit once more, since the game is using those strings of numbers and letters to find one file that matches exactly. If it doesn't find anything, it will default to another outfit. The grey suit apparently.

I hope this answered your questions and help you see the process I used to identify what could be problem?
Instructor
Original Poster
#28 Old 26th May 2018 at 9:32 AM
Yes, first thing I did was look for the lines beginning with that particular string of numbers and letters (0x03AEECB).

Each file in a package has a TGI (Type, Group, Instance). All files in a package are idenitified thanks to those three different elements.

For example, your Body CASP is : 0x03AEECB-0x00000000-0x6FC92B9F23BC8201

• The Type determines the type of file. I looked for the lines beginning with 0x03AEECB, which identifies CASP (CAS parts) files. In this case, the SIMO file should be present and reference the different clothing or accessory items you used to create the outfit.
  • The Group seems to refer to specific EP or Stuff pack the file is from. For example, 0x00000000 indicates it's a base game file. In the SIMO file, I was surprised to see that number to be the same as the Type.
  • The Instance is the unique number identifying a particular file. In the original SIMO file, it didn't correspond to any of the files present in your package.

And that's what I looked for and how I came to think something must have happened when generating the SIMO file.

When you say "switching", you mean changing the numbers?
Well you could eiter end up referencing another exisiting CASP file in game (if you happen to type in an already existing instance number for example) or yes, you would get the grey suit once more, since the game is using those strings of numbers and letters to find one file that matches exactly. If it doesn't find anything, it will default to another outfit. The grey suit apparently.

I hope this answered your questions and help you see the process I used to identify what could be problem?

Yeah thats very helpful! I greatly appreciate all the help friend!
Instructor
#29 Old 26th May 2018 at 10:27 AM
No problem! Hopefully, you're now able to make your Custom Career work just the way you want.
Instructor
Original Poster
#30 Old 27th May 2018 at 1:52 PM
No problem! Hopefully, you're now able to make your Custom Career work just the way you want.

Yeah, thanks to your expertise! I'd never have found out what happened on my own, I never even thought to look for that!
Page 2 of 2