Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 10th Dec 2012 at 6:45 PM
Thanks, Cmar, you rock!
SimOutfitter is pretty streamlined and straight forward when it comes to work with career oufits. I barely need half a minute to get things done ... great tool
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#52 Old 10th Dec 2012 at 9:29 PM
Thank you!

Okay, I've updated Outfitter to support the latest versions of the SIMO files, HOWEVER:

The last couple of SIMO version updates appear to have been done to support Pets and pet outfits - possibly presets for breeds. (Interesting possibility!) Outfitter will read these outfit files and will save them correctly, but I haven't updated it to recognize the new types of CASPs for pets (Manes, tails, fur, collars, etc.) or any non-human species. It should still work fine for human outfits.

I've attached the new version to the first post of this thread. Please let me know if you have any problems with it!
Test Subject
#53 Old 11th Dec 2012 at 9:06 AM
Works great again. I made a custom career and used 2 outfits including parts from EP3, CC and store... no problem.

A little suggestion for the renewed version: somewhere there must be an EP number in the clothing parts which gives them their EP icon in CAS. In Twallan's scripting classes Omnicareer, HighschoolEx and ElemSchoolEX you have to explicitly state what EPs are involved in the outfit (e.g. <OutfitFemaleVersion>) so it would be very helpful to have the EP number next to the CASP entry.... if at all possible.

Anyway, this tool is too good to be hidden here in the forum (when I made my request it was on page 5). When Twallan returns from his holidays I'll offer him to make a pictured tutorial for his wiki how to include custom outfits into custom careers with SimOutfitter... more people need to know about this tool.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#54 Old 11th Dec 2012 at 12:54 PM
Thanks for letting me know! Yes, the first byte (first two characters) of the Group ID are the expansion/stuff pack identifier, and your idea is a good one.

Once I get time to do a new and improved version of this, I'll submit it for the downloads section. And a reference in a tutorial would be great!
Field Researcher
#55 Old 28th Feb 2013 at 1:15 AM
I realize that you are likely in the process of updating this for the 1.50 patch, but I had a couple of questions/confirmations. The mod affects all games until a service outfit is reset, correct? I was searching for something like this because I have a penchant for different historically themed games, which are rather ruined by tourists and other NPCs running around in any bizarre combination of random outfits (well, the tourists anyway). I would like to find a mod that sets all the NPCs to appear only in the prehistoric clothing, or items that are Medieval, Renaissance, futuristic, etc. Is it possible with this mod? If so, I am confirming again that I would need to reset the outfits for every type of NPC/tourist for each game era I play, right? At any rate, I'll likely need to await the patch compatibility, so thanks for any response in the interim. Am I contemplating something too complicated? (This is probably why EA has not made an historical expansion pack.)
Field Researcher
#56 Old 28th Feb 2013 at 1:33 AM
P.S.: I have had no problem separately changing outfits for each bartender, mail carrier, etc. and having them stick using the standard cheat. It's just that it is rather annoying to have to take every NPC individual in every game into CAS to do so. While I often use NRaas to turn off tourists in my home world, it became a problem when I used the Traveler mod to go to a vacation world and the tourists began rapidly spawning in their weird outfits. My Neolithic duo just wanted a nice little fishing/hunting/exploring vacation without being shocked by time travelers descending en masse. I want to be able to have the tourists all appear in the proper period clothing from the start without having to CAS them individually, or cruelly click-delete them one-by-one (though there is always some sick pleasure in that). I'm sure hoping this sweet little mod will be a better solution.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#57 Old 28th Feb 2013 at 3:05 AM
This doesn't need updating for 1.50. However, it's still very basic and not really easy to use.

What this does is make default replacement outfits for some NPCs like the maid and butler - in general NPCs with a specific role and a default outfit. I don't think it can affect tourists and townies, whose clothing is chosen at random. (Possibly tourists use a pool of predetermined outfits? If so this mod could in theory replace them.)

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Field Researcher
#58 Old 28th Feb 2013 at 5:02 PM
Nah. The tourists are definitely attired at random also, as they show up in anything from a Conan the Barbarian loin cloth to a Renaissance gown. It looks like Mardi Gras on steroids when they are all loitering around in one place. Oh, well. Your mod is clearly still useful as it goes halfway toward my goal! Thanks, Cmar. Love your other mods, too, especially the sliders.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#59 Old 28th Feb 2013 at 7:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SamIAm2
Nah. The tourists are definitely attired at random also, as they show up in anything from a Conan the Barbarian loin cloth to a Renaissance gown. It looks like Mardi Gras on steroids when they are all loitering around in one place. Oh, well. Your mod is clearly still useful as it goes halfway toward my goal! Thanks, Cmar. Love your other mods, too, especially the sliders.

That must be quite a sight. Kind of dumb of EA to do it that way, and tempts me to take a look at the game code and see if there's something that could be done about it.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Forum Resident
#60 Old 28th Feb 2013 at 10:38 PM
I can think of something that could be done about it, but it would be really tedious. SamIAm2, you could use S3OC to clone all the default
clothing you want to be rid of, without renumbering, and unchecking the "valid for random" checkbox.
Field Researcher
#61 Old 1st Mar 2013 at 5:28 PM
Quote:
I can think of something that could be done about it, but it would be really tedious. SamIAm2, you could use S3OC to clone all the default
clothing you want to be rid of, without renumbering, and unchecking the "valid for random" checkbox.

Mmm, yes - thanks. I was thinking that it would also help to use CCMagic filters, but that would only work for my custom content clothing (like Conan's duds). Your solution certainly wouldn't be any more tedious than individually CASing each weird tourist; but at this point, it's probably just easier to delete them, or stick a Jynx city hall rug into every vacation world and reduce the tourist/paparazzi spawn down to manageable size with Overwatch. (Ha, it was a paparazzi with a camera wearing the loincloth and slippers).

Thanks for your thoughts, too, Cmar. I appreciate the fact that you would even consider looking into the matter further. Certainly, I couldn't be the only one out there interested in (relatively) historically accurate game themes. Clearly, EA just loves the wacky, rampant randomness, though. I suppose it is their schtick.
Test Subject
#62 Old 5th Apr 2013 at 11:52 AM
I'm so confused right now..

I want to change my female butler's outfit to the female maid outfit.

1. I cloned afBodyFrenchMaid from FullBuild0.package using S30C
2. I opened the cloned .package using CTU 3. On the part tab in the CTU I checked the 'Elder' in the "AGE" so the checkboxes with checks where Young Adult, Adult and Elder
4. I also place a check on the 'Everyday','Formal' in the "CATEGORY" so the checkboxes with checks where Everyday, Formal and Career
5. That's all I did in the CTU then I clicked commit then saved
6. I extraced the CASP file from the cloned .package using S3PE.
7. I run the SimOutfitter and added the CASP file using the 'Add CAS parts'
8. A box appeared and It's asking for a Group ID and Instance *what should I put here?*
9. I just clicked Yes and didn't changed the values
10. I saved the outfit using 'Write Outfit File'
11. A box appeared and asked for the name of the outfit so I put 'Maid' as the name of the outfit
12. I run the S3PE again and Imported the Maid.outfit
13. A box appeared named Resource Details I don't know what to put there so I didn't change anything and clicked OK
14. I saved the .package and S3PE asked me for a name of the file so I put 'Maid'
15. I placed the new Maid.package on the folder where I normally put my .packages/mods which is:
"C:\Documents and Settings\Richard\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages"
16. Tested if it worked but I'm doubting if it would because in the steps I made there was no part where I was asked on which career or sim the outfit would be replaced, or none that I'm aware of because I just followed your TUT on the OP blindlessly.
17. It didn't work so I posted here.

I hope you someone could help me with this. It's a great mod but I just don't know how to use it properly.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#63 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 12:57 PM
Looks like you got everything right except for naming the outfit. In order to create a replacement for the female butler's outfit you have to give your outfit exactly the same name as the game's female butler outfit. In this case it's (logically enough) FemaleButler. Not all of them are that straightforward, though.

The base game NPC outfit names can be found in ServiceNPCSpecifications.xml and NPCRoles.xml which are both in Program Files\Electronic Arts\Game\Bin\Gameplay\GameplayData.package (or Program Files (X86)\Electronic Arts\Game\Bin\Gameplay\GameplayData.package on 64-bit systems). Some NPCs like the butler are tied to expansion packs - the butler outfit names can be found in Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 Late Night/GameData/Shared/Packages/FullBuild_p06.package.

And the second problem is that each world comes with preconfigured butlers, maids, etc. which already have the default outfits. In order to see your replacement outfit you'd have to either remove the existing female butlers so the game spawns new ones, or use a mod like Master Controller to make the female butler join a career and then quit it which resets their career outfit. Or start a new game/neighborhood.

Test Subject
#64 Old 7th Apr 2013 at 2:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Looks like you got everything right except for naming the outfit. In order to create a replacement for the female butler's outfit you have to give your outfit exactly the same name as the game's female butler outfit. In this case it's (logically enough) FemaleButler. Not all of them are that straightforward, though.

The base game NPC outfit names can be found in ServiceNPCSpecifications.xml and NPCRoles.xml which are both in Program Files\Electronic Arts\Game\Bin\Gameplay\GameplayData.package (or Program Files (X86)\Electronic Arts\Game\Bin\Gameplay\GameplayData.package on 64-bit systems). Some NPCs like the butler are tied to expansion packs - the butler outfit names can be found in Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 Late Night/GameData/Shared/Packages/FullBuild_p06.package.

And the second problem is that each world comes with preconfigured butlers, maids, etc. which already have the default outfits. In order to see your replacement outfit you'd have to either remove the existing female butlers so the game spawns new ones, or use a mod like Master Controller to make the female butler join a career and then quit it which resets their career outfit. Or start a new game/neighborhood.

Thanks for the reply sir. But I already made it worked. I just edited the file you uploaded from one of your comments. And I didn't start a new game but I have Story progression mod installed so when I called for a butler she was already wearing the new uniform.

So the one I have to name is the .outfit created by your program in-case I want to modify another outfit?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#65 Old 7th Apr 2013 at 11:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rikardo03
Thanks for the reply sir. But I already made it worked. I just edited the file you uploaded from one of your comments. And I didn't start a new game but I have Story progression mod installed so when I called for a butler she was already wearing the new uniform.

So the one I have to name is the .outfit created by your program in-case I want to modify another outfit?

Yes, you have to give the name when you save the .outfit, so the program can generate the right ID numbers in the file name.

Test Subject
#66 Old 7th Apr 2013 at 1:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Yes, you have to give the name when you save the .outfit, so the program can generate the right ID numbers in the file name.

Thanks! It's a great mod. Very helpful for those who want to customize their game. I suggest that you include a .txt file that tells the name of the outfits for a specific career.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#67 Old 7th Apr 2013 at 6:59 PM
When/if I get to making a new version, I plan to include a built-in list of game outfit names.

Test Subject
#68 Old 28th May 2013 at 12:47 AM
My University Career
I used this to implement the University Life professor garb into my University Professor career that I have just uploaded here to MTS. I can safely say that it works great! I made sure to add you to the "credits" section since your program was so helpful in creating the SIMO. Thanks! If any of you are wondering how to implement the program into a career, look for my career in the coming days, open it up in S3PE and use what you see as an example. Thanks again!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#69 Old 28th May 2013 at 3:53 AM
Thanks, I'm glad it was useful!

Instructor
#70 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 8:46 PM
Default Help with using?
I have a custom career if I use this tool how do I insert it into the career? And how do I use CC already made outfits with your tool? Does it work with the newest updates?
Test Subject
#71 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 4:57 PM
This is just awesome as always cmar, I don't know where I would be without your mods/tools. Thank you for all of your hard work.
Instructor
#72 Old 13th May 2018 at 1:09 PM
Hello, I'm looking for a way to create fullbody outfits made from diferent casp parts using simo files, is that possible? My aim is not to make new career outfits but new fullbody outfits available in CAS.
Test Subject
#73 Old 7th Oct 2018 at 4:14 AM Last edited by LadyMacGuffin : 8th Oct 2018 at 8:54 AM.
This is an old thread, I know, but I hope I might get some help (there's no mod page that I can see, or I'd comment there).

I'm working on a mod for babysitters, essentially combining a few other babysitter mod ideas I've seen floating around. This mod uses ServicesNPCSpecifications and the tuning for babysitters combined in one package to change the price of a babysitter, to make hiring a babysitter a one-time thing (and not a recurring service), and to make babysitters into elders rather than teens (in the style of the Sims 2 nanny). While I was tweaking, I saw the place where you can specify the default outfit, which was led me to this thread and this nifty little app.

After reading the OP very thoroughly and reading the entire thread a couple of times, I think I understand, but the mod doesn't call the outfit.

Is it the case that tuning file can only call on an already existing NPC/service outfit? If that's the case, I'll just give it up and babysitters can show up in whatever weird thing NPCs dress themselves in (we all know how ridiculous townie sims can look with their mismatched outfits and so on), but I'd be very pleased if I could figure out how to make the custom outfits work via the mod.

The mod specifies the default male outfit (DefaultOutfitMale) as BabysitterElderMALE which is what I named both the outfit file and the package file made from the outfit file, which was also called BabysitterElderMALE (and there's a female counterpart, too, of course).

I feel sure that I'm missing something with this, but I have no idea what it might be.

EDIT: I did some testing and found I can make babysitters wear other existing outfits. I just had an elderly granny show up dressed like a burglar. So either you have to call an existing outfit or I've done something wrong with my custom outfits. Given that someone else in this thread said he made custom outfits for a custom career, it seems it's the latter. Hmmmm. Back to the drawing board, I guess. I swear I've followed every step precisely, but I'm still messing something up, apparently.

EDIT2 (many hours later): I still haven't gotten it to work. I've got some other things to do, so I'll try again later. I'm editing this to share a link to what looks to be a very helpful tutorial about creating Sims 3 unique career outfits (just for future reference, and using keywords for future searches):

http://missyhissysjobcentre.proboar...niforms-careers

EDIT3 (yet many more hours later): This is driving me crazy. I should give up, but I feel like I'm so close to figuring it out. *sigh* I tried importing the .outfit files to the mod package with s3pe. It can import SIMO files as one of the options, but it sees them as identical and either rejects or overwrites (depending on import settings). Tried putting one in the mod and the other in a .package and that didn't work, either. It's also hanging the game. I know it is entirely possible to make a babysitter wear a pre-set outfit because I did it, but doing it with outfits I've made is proving to be frustrating.

EDIT4: I got it to work! FINALLY! And it was a user density error bourne from someone who has no clue what they're doing. I'll have to test it further to be sure, but it definitely appears to be working now and it's no longer hanging the game.

I got my clue for what I was doing wrong from this thread: http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...5#startcomments

Essentially, I didn't realise that the filename generated when you export a caspart file has to stay exactly as it is. I was editing that for easy of human consumption (i.e., so I could tell what it was more easily), because I didn't realise that the string of numbers/letters in the filename is actually file information. I've been working with package files and you can name them anything you please, and, well, that is not the case with caspart files or, apparently, outfit files. I'm putting this in writing for posterity, just in case someone else is as silly as I was. D'oh!
When I test the mod more, I might go ahead and upload it in a few different flavours (different pricing, with and without the recurring feature, etc.). But right now I'm nearly giddy with happiness for having worked it out!
Inventor
#74 Old 6th Dec 2018 at 9:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LadyMacGuffin
This is an old thread, I know, but I hope I might get some help (there's no mod page that I can see, or I'd comment there).

I'm working on a mod for babysitters, essentially combining a few other babysitter mod ideas I've seen floating around. This mod uses ServicesNPCSpecifications and the tuning for babysitters combined in one package to change the price of a babysitter, to make hiring a babysitter a one-time thing (and not a recurring service), and to make babysitters into elders rather than teens (in the style of the Sims 2 nanny). While I was tweaking, I saw the place where you can specify the default outfit, which was led me to this thread and this nifty little app.

After reading the OP very thoroughly and reading the entire thread a couple of times, I think I understand, but the mod doesn't call the outfit.

Is it the case that tuning file can only call on an already existing NPC/service outfit? If that's the case, I'll just give it up and babysitters can show up in whatever weird thing NPCs dress themselves in (we all know how ridiculous townie sims can look with their mismatched outfits and so on), but I'd be very pleased if I could figure out how to make the custom outfits work via the mod.

The mod specifies the default male outfit (DefaultOutfitMale) as BabysitterElderMALE which is what I named both the outfit file and the package file made from the outfit file, which was also called BabysitterElderMALE (and there's a female counterpart, too, of course).

I feel sure that I'm missing something with this, but I have no idea what it might be.

EDIT: I did some testing and found I can make babysitters wear other existing outfits. I just had an elderly granny show up dressed like a burglar. So either you have to call an existing outfit or I've done something wrong with my custom outfits. Given that someone else in this thread said he made custom outfits for a custom career, it seems it's the latter. Hmmmm. Back to the drawing board, I guess. I swear I've followed every step precisely, but I'm still messing something up, apparently.

EDIT2 (many hours later): I still haven't gotten it to work. I've got some other things to do, so I'll try again later. I'm editing this to share a link to what looks to be a very helpful tutorial about creating Sims 3 unique career outfits (just for future reference, and using keywords for future searches):

http://missyhissysjobcentre.proboar...niforms-careers

EDIT3 (yet many more hours later): This is driving me crazy. I should give up, but I feel like I'm so close to figuring it out. *sigh* I tried importing the .outfit files to the mod package with s3pe. It can import SIMO files as one of the options, but it sees them as identical and either rejects or overwrites (depending on import settings). Tried putting one in the mod and the other in a .package and that didn't work, either. It's also hanging the game. I know it is entirely possible to make a babysitter wear a pre-set outfit because I did it, but doing it with outfits I've made is proving to be frustrating.

EDIT4: I got it to work! FINALLY! And it was a user density error bourne from someone who has no clue what they're doing. I'll have to test it further to be sure, but it definitely appears to be working now and it's no longer hanging the game.

I got my clue for what I was doing wrong from this thread: http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...5#startcomments

Essentially, I didn't realise that the filename generated when you export a caspart file has to stay exactly as it is. I was editing that for easy of human consumption (i.e., so I could tell what it was more easily), because I didn't realise that the string of numbers/letters in the filename is actually file information. I've been working with package files and you can name them anything you please, and, well, that is not the case with caspart files or, apparently, outfit files. I'm putting this in writing for posterity, just in case someone else is as silly as I was. D'oh!
When I test the mod more, I might go ahead and upload it in a few different flavours (different pricing, with and without the recurring feature, etc.). But right now I'm nearly giddy with happiness for having worked it out!

I wanted to Thank you for this! Your post with your errors and link helped me figure out what I had been doing wrong which was renaming the Casp files for the same reason! Once i just left them alone and starting using them I got the new outfit to work. ( I was updating the outfits in Doug's Gardner to use my own created gardner outfits..the astronaut boots were killing me and I wanted them to wear some timberland's I found somewhere LOL)
Page 3 of 3