Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#101 Old 22nd Apr 2013 at 11:42 AM
For reason, I can't seem to download it properly. I use Blender 2.66, is the script not compatible?
Advertisement
In the Arena
retired moderator
#102 Old 22nd Apr 2013 at 12:43 PM
It is not meant for 2.6x. It was made for 2.4x. See post#90
Test Subject
#103 Old 22nd Apr 2013 at 1:21 PM
oh ok! So If I download the 2.49 version, it should work?
In the Arena
retired moderator
#104 Old 22nd Apr 2013 at 4:36 PM
It might, it might not. The Sims 3 files have gone through a lot of changes from the various patches since this tool was made & shared.

Why not use cmomoney's version, the one I linked to above? You need Blender 2.63a (IIRC) for that GEOM tool version.
Lab Assistant
#105 Old 26th Apr 2013 at 1:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharmed
It might, it might not. The Sims 3 files have gone through a lot of changes from the various patches since this tool was made & shared.

Why not use cmomoney's version, the one I linked to above? You need Blender 2.63a (IIRC) for that GEOM tool version.

There are absolutely no GEOM plugins (that actually work) for neither Blender or 3ds Max,
That pretty pathetic if you ask me, considering that Milkshape3D is not even a 3Dmodelling software

BobbyTH
In the Arena
retired moderator
#106 Old 26th Apr 2013 at 4:07 PM
So, you're making one for Blender and 3DS Max and Milkshape, are you? One that works?
I look forward to test and download your plugin then, @bobbythehacker! Thanks for volunteering.
Sockpuppet
#107 Old 26th Apr 2013 at 8:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bobbythehacker
There are absolutely no GEOM plugins (that actually work) for neither Blender or 3ds Max,
That pretty pathetic if you ask me, considering that Milkshape3D is not even a 3Dmodelling software

You can blame both Blender and 3ds MAX for that.
Both recalculate normals on import wich messes up each GEOM(atleast the ones for clothing)
There are other 3D modelling proggies that you can use instead.
MAYA(FBX) or Cinema 4D imports without messing up normals.

When using Toolkit you can do pretty much everything in OBJ format
Lab Assistant
#108 Old 5th Jun 2013 at 11:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BloomsBase
You can blame both Blender and 3ds MAX for that.
Both recalculate normals on import wich messes up each GEOM(atleast the ones for clothing)
There are other 3D modelling proggies that you can use instead.
MAYA(FBX) or Cinema 4D imports without messing up normals.

When using Toolkit you can do pretty much everything in OBJ format

Thanks Bloom!
Apology for a very late reply, MTS doesn't notify my Email server when someone reply to a topic i am following ...
Yes, several 3D modelling enthusiast have great success with Maya,
But as you mention since CMar's Mesh Toolkits ability to do "Bone weight Copy", there is hardly any need for a plugin,
I am not fluent in Python language but wouldn't it be possible to not import the normals, after all they are irrelevant because milkshape is still needed afterward to align normals at the neck, ankle and waist seam, although it is possible to do it, Blender doesn't have a function to do it easily (tutorials are available on the Nexus and YouTube describing how it's done)
For this i bow to CMar for her tool, it has made our life so much easier.
~° Regards °~

BobbyTH
Test Subject
#109 Old 23rd Feb 2015 at 9:29 AM
... good
Test Subject
#110 Old 23rd Mar 2015 at 1:14 AM
Default help
I have blender 2.72b so I need help on ware to load the files PLZ help
Page 5 of 5