Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#4026 Old 23rd Sep 2017 at 12:09 AM Last edited by FranH : 23rd Sep 2017 at 4:12 AM.
See this item: Open Grave & Optional Dead Nanny UPDATED ?

I found out the other day that it is actually a hot tub! Honest to god-I had Darren and Cassandra Goth visiting the cemetery, wander over to it, and climb into the pit. It filled with bubbling water, and they had sex in it! (minus dead nanny..)

My jaw dropped about a foot or two...

What confirmed it for me was that Antoinette Heywood (who was waiting patiently for Cornelia Goth to come wandering by...) had a want to use a hot tub. She hadn't had that one before...

Edit: To further confirm this, I read this post in the comments section :

Quote:
# 129 Old 20th Dec 2011 at 11:43 PM
This is amazing... I discovered a tiny new feature too. I figure you cloned this from a hot tub eh? Well with this casual romance hack that I just recently got, your grave just turned into a working hot tub and a couple of sims just had their first time in an open grave. Unbelievably awesome. I can't believe that just happened.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#4027 Old 23rd Sep 2017 at 12:12 AM
"Purely decorative object".... Looks like someone forgot to remove a few things from the code. That's hilarious.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Field Researcher
#4028 Old 23rd Sep 2017 at 12:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lili975
I'm sorry, I don't understand (I'm not a native English speaker, maybe I'm missing something here?)
Maybe you fell asleep while playing Sims. It was a joke. No harm done.
Top Secret Researcher
#4029 Old 23rd Sep 2017 at 12:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
I found out the other day that it is actually a hot tub! Honest to god-I had Darren and Cassandra Goth visiting the cemetery, wander over to it, and climb into the pit. It filled with bubbling water, and they had sex in it! (minus dead nanny..)

That "feature" appeared in someone's old legacy, years ago, I don't remember who, it really is hilarious

Quote: Originally posted by Kunder
Maybe you fell asleep while playing Sims. It was a joke. No harm done.
No problem, I wasn't complaining
Top Secret Researcher
#4030 Old 23rd Sep 2017 at 1:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
See this item: Open Grave & Optional Dead Nanny UPDATED ?

What confirmed it for me was that Antoinette Heywood (who was waiting patiently for Cornelia Goth to come wandering by...) had a want to use a hot tub. She hadn't had that one before...

Edit: To further confirm this, I read this post in the comments section :

I LIVE for this!!! Hahahahhahaha! I gotta download it now before they fix it!
Mad Poster
#4031 Old 23rd Sep 2017 at 5:20 PM
It has not been altered since the day it was released. Funny thing is, I've had it in my downloads folder forever, but never used it. I thought it was just an ordinary piece of decoration for a lot..little did I know...

Now that I have, I can tell it's a keeper!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Test Subject
#4032 Old 23rd Sep 2017 at 5:44 PM
Today I learned that you can buy jewelry and different video games at stores. I wish I had learned that sooner! That's what I get for always sticking to Pleasantview and never playing with some of the newer 'hoods.
Mad Poster
#4033 Old 23rd Sep 2017 at 6:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sooper-shoopy
Today I learned that you can buy jewelry and different video games at stores. I wish I had learned that sooner! That's what I get for always sticking to Pleasantview and never playing with some of the newer 'hoods.

I make a point of adding some of the newer shop stuff to the premade hoods in my megahood, so my Sims don't have to go too far out of their way if they want to buy a cell phone or pet collar.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Scholar
#4034 Old 23rd Sep 2017 at 9:41 PM
I did not know that cheerleaders did catch butterflies. I have two sims living in a house in my uni subhood and in order to save them from random sims walking in and out all the time I keep the frontdoor locked. So the cheerleader could not get in. Instead she did her things outside and also did some butterfly catching. She also did study the birds even if there is not a single tree on the lot. After a few houers she walked off the lot but she left her blue book behind. Oh well, I'm sure she comes back.
Scholar
#4035 Old 23rd Sep 2017 at 10:31 PM
Probably rediscovered thanks to a swimmable pond tutorial. Pressing Shift and creating a foundation draws a foundation on top of existing floors instead of overwriting them.
Mad Poster
#4036 Old 23rd Sep 2017 at 11:14 PM
I'm not sure if this is a mod or not, but mini-fridges can go under counters!

Field Researcher
#4037 Old 23rd Sep 2017 at 11:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister

Not a mod
Scholar
#4038 Old 23rd Sep 2017 at 11:28 PM

You thinking about the mini fridge from Uni? Yes it can. It's like a dishwasher or the trash compactor. It works for me and I do not have any mod.

Edit: Prah was faster.
Field Researcher
#4039 Old 23rd Sep 2017 at 11:28 PM
I make a point of adding some of the newer shop stuff to the premade hoods in my megahood, so my Sims don't have to go too far out of their way if they want to buy a cell phone or pet collar.
I have a "Goopy's Emporium" in my houses and lots bin, with just a little of everything in it. Including a merry-go-round in the store for the little ones to play on.

All the rec centers in all my maxis hoods, are replaced with the Y.siM.C.A., and the gyms, all replaced with the "Cobra Fangs" gym.

Most of my hoods have an upscale restaurant called "The Upturned Nose", for my culinary cultured Sims.
Instructor
#4040 Old 23rd Sep 2017 at 11:41 PM
I sent my Sim to Downtown for a date and I discovered this lot that I've never seen beofre! It's also very nice
Mad Poster
#4041 Old 24th Sep 2017 at 3:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sooper-shoopy

Sunnyside mall perhaps?

Please excuse the self-promoting, I'm just really fond of that lot. Built the original back when Pleasantview was my main hood and I wanted a lot where they could get all the things they might need to buy. Couldn't not mention it Oh and the uploaded lot is of course a safely built replica, not the original.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Inventor
#4042 Old 24th Sep 2017 at 3:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by *_Drew~
I sent my Sim to Downtown for a date and I discovered this lot that I've never seen beofre! It's also very nice

The number of times I've witnessed Sims cheat on each other in that lot, usually by the photo booths I placed out in the back patio, this would cause the DJ to act like he/she's got way too much caffeine if the cheated were dancing. The DJ's voice would get cut off sometimes because his/her animation is going too fast for the voice clip to finish, and this glitch sticks with them. It's amazing how long a Sim can go when doing such vigorous activity.
Instructor
#4043 Old 24th Sep 2017 at 4:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kamoodle5
The number of times I've witnessed Sims cheat on each other in that lot, usually by the photo booths I placed out in the back patio, this would cause the DJ to act like he/she's got way too much caffeine if the cheated were dancing. The DJ's voice would get cut off sometimes because his/her animation is going too fast for the voice clip to finish, and this glitch sticks with them. It's amazing how long a Sim can go when doing such vigorous activity.

LOL well, lately have been having some troubles with the jeaolousy in the game; I thought it was because of the ACR, but even changing the setting it still doesn't work. That's why, even though my Don Juan Sim was there with his new crush and all his past lovers were on the dancefloor, I didn't have any problem :3
Mad Poster
#4044 Old 24th Sep 2017 at 7:17 PM
When you set the LOT to "no jealousy" ACR doesn't DO it?
Incidentally, I only like MY community lots; my "everything" lot is "Kmart". One big, covered building - the center has a raised area with band equipment (love making them play together), and a coffee bar. All around the center area are separate stores; grocery, pets, "beauty shop" (where sims can practice on each other), even a quiet place for chess and study (yes, mods), clothes and jewelry, hot tub and exercise stuff, and off course a restaurant.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Instructor
#4045 Old 24th Sep 2017 at 7:24 PM
@grammapat: basically, the global setting should be "use normal maxis" but one of my Sims recently caught her husband with another woman and she didn't got mad. It might be another mod, or maybe because she has romance as secondary aspiration... Dunno, honestly. It bothers me a bit but I don't have time to go in deep into my downloads to see what it is. At least his helpful with my "free spirits" Sims XD
Well, I like the default lots but I always add something to make them more functional!
Ah, today I found out that you can report the Unsavory Charlatan to the police, using the public phone! I was expecting the police to come and "fight" him like with the burglars, but no one came.
Mad Poster
#4046 Old 24th Sep 2017 at 7:31 PM Last edited by grammapat : 25th Sep 2017 at 9:36 AM.
Default typo correction
There are lots of different setting on ACR; personal, lot, or global. I always leave the global at default, I change most sims to what I think is right for THEM, and I put an ACR thing of community lots, and when a sim goes there, they check to see what it's set at. So if you want those crazy background sims to not be wrecking their own relationships, I can change the LOT to "no jealousy". I also was disappointed that reporting the Charlatan does NOTHING. But he has his uses; if you have the mods, you can put punching bags and putting greens on a lot and ASK HIM to "teach" {body & charisma} he's actually usefull!

Mad Poster
#4047 Old 24th Sep 2017 at 11:42 PM
Reporting the charlatan on the phone makes the cops set up road blocks to catch him. The charlatan then goes into hiding and is guaranteed not to spawn again for 3 days.
Mad Poster
#4048 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 9:37 AM
I did not know that...

Mad Poster
#4049 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 9:57 AM
The only reason I know about that is because it's mentioned in the Prima Guide. It's certainly not obvious and it's understandable that people think nothing happens.
Mad Poster
#4050 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 5:48 AM
That if you plan to age down townies to toddlers or children, make sure to remove their jobs before doing so. I had carpool notifications coming up and none of the in-game things I had was able to make them unemployed.

Page 162 of 445