Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 10:30 AM
Default The toddlers' teeth are poking out from their jaw when crying in the crib.
Is there a way to fix the problem where the toddlers' teeth are poking out of their jaw when they cry because they are starting to bother me a little bit.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 12:50 PM
I'm not sure what you mean. Do you have a picture?
Mad Poster
#3 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 1:05 PM
It is known that some premade sims have broken face templates. I am not aware if this could be a possibility, but maybe that toddler is a product of these sims?
Otherwise, you probably know how face sliders works. They have their limits, but even within those limits, one is able to create a pretty scary sim...
It might just be that both parent's face features produced a weird result, simply. The teeth, tongue is hardly changeable. is animated, has morphs etc. If the skin, chin, cheeks and everything near the mouth area is not covering it properly, you are likely to get that. So beside editing the toddler face with sliders in either CAS or Bodyshop..
Maybe that toddler will grow out of it when aging into a child, this happens also.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 1:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
It is known that some premade sims have broken face templates. I am not aware if this could be a possibility, but maybe that toddler is a product of these sims?
Otherwise, you probably know how face sliders works. They have their limits, but even within those limits, one is able to create a pretty scary sim...
It might just be that both parent's face features produced a weird result, simply. The teeth, tongue is hardly changeable. is animated, has morphs etc. If the skin, chin, cheeks and everything near the mouth area is not covering it properly, you are likely to get that. So beside editing the toddler face with sliders in either CAS or Bodyshop..
Maybe that toddler will grow out of it when aging into a child, this happens also.

She's the child of Julien Cooke and La Shawn Cameron. She mainly had the genes of her mother and the problem seemed to fix itself after she turned into a child although i'm not sure if the problem would pop back up again because I haven't played her for that long.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 1:41 PM
I do not think it is something that pops, it is something that is. Different age, different faces. If she is shown OK as a child, you should be alright. Though maybe her own kids might have weird toddler stage faces. Don't quote me on this, but I think her parents aren't the ones with broken face templates.

Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 1:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
I do not think it is something that pops, it is something that is. Different age, different faces. If she is shown OK as a child, you should be alright. Though maybe her own kids might have weird toddler stage faces. Don't quote me on this, but I think her parents aren't the ones with broken face templates.

Thanks, her name's Juliet by the way. I named her after her father.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 1:47 PM
Toddlers teeth have always shown through when they scream in the crib. As far as I know, it's never been fixed, probably because it cant be. Nothing to do with broken face templates or anything else.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#8 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 1:49 PM
Ah...Then my game is weird. I only saw this a few times, not even enough to count them. Bringing the tot in Bosdyshop was showing obvious slider issue. but if you say so.

Mad Poster
#9 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 2:26 PM
Broken face templates look fine and aren't any more likely to go wrong than any other templates. It's just that they when they were made the creator neglected to make them for all life stages. So when a baby is born with a broken template, it grabs features it can't find from another template - normally the elf one - as placeholders. This is why seeing Goth Boy Tricou grow up can be such a shock - he has a broken template and goes from having delicate, blandly pretty features to having robust, slightly fleshy features with a large and lumpy nose. When he ages to elder, he'll revert to his teen face.

A lot of the time, though, the difference isn't that great. It depends on which features came from the broken template. The Ruben brothers of Sim State both are built on a broken template. In Drama Acres, Joshua's had five kids who got most of their features from their mother, with her nose being especially dominant. Of the ones that have Joshua's base template, the only feature that changes noticeably on growing up is the ears, which are pointed in toddlers, children, and teens, then suddenly round when they get to college.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
#10 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 2:29 PM
I've never seen that glitch either. All the time my toddlers cried and screamed (for no reason) in the crib after a long night sleep and I've always ignored them by scrolling to the different side of my Sims house.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Mad Poster
#11 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 4:27 PM
It happens with most toddlers, regardless of face template, though some templates may cause a more visible issue, particularly if their chin is a little too far up or very small. It's probably a fault with the face morphing for that particular animation, and EAxis didn't bother fixing it (or probably didn't notice it).

It's been happening in my game with default template toddlers, custom template toddlers, toddlers born from template sims, custom-made toddlers, toddlers mixed from several generations, etc., and it's happened since I only had BG+Uni (back in 2006), so it's a BG issue. Sometimes yo do have to look closely, though.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 7:21 PM
Some sims have faces that are shaped so that their teeth just don't seem to fit in their faces properly and protrude through their chins or cheeks during certain facial expressions. Toddlers aren't the only age group who have this problem. I once saw Rose Greenman, a pre-made playable from Riverblossom Hills, with her teeth sticking out of her lower jaw. The face template used by Mary Sue Pleasant also seems to have this problem. Back when I still used Maxis templates, this University dormie who uses that same face template always eventually ended up with her teeth sticking through her face. It wasn't permanent, but it was annoying when it did happen.

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Sheila_Wilsonoff