Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 6:00 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Custom Color CC Hair not showing up?
I'm sorry if this is a question that has already been answered but I went back a little bit and didn't come across anything. I've recently been downloading a decent amount of custom sims 2 hair from various places, mainly xmsims, and all other default "normal" colors show but the unique colorful shades don't show up as an option. Even when I'm in CAS and I do shift+N to enable the custom stuff or when I go back into regular live mode and check the custom hairs there. I've been playing Sims for years and I used to have colorful CC hair but that was on an old desktop. There really isn't anything different between my that game and the one I currently have aside from I have my current Sims 2 game from Origin with the full collection. I don't think I have SimPE or CleanInstaller but I feel like it's strange only the weird hair colors have disappeared.
Thank you in advance!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 6:15 PM
Some "custom colors", including the built-in Maxis ones, only show up when you do "change appearance" in a mirror and click on the asterisk next to the normal hair colors. Are the missing hairs showing up there?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 11:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
Some "custom colors", including the built-in Maxis ones, only show up when you do "change appearance" in a mirror and click on the asterisk next to the normal hair colors. Are the missing hairs showing up there?

I’m replying on mobile so I hope this doesn’t show up weird. Yeah, even when I change my sims’ appearances in the mirror or even in the hairdresser chair, they aren’t there.

you're a hot dog, but you'd better not try to hurt her, frank f u r t e r !