Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 4:01 AM
Default Opinions for my new world
Hello Guys,
A few days ago I mencioned I was going to create a new world based in a city from Brazil. I took the city of Curitiba for give me some inspiration. I started to build it this week and I picked the empty riverview and farm landscapes (it is the most similar of Curitiba).
I want some opinions from you about my new creation, some ideas or repairing something. There is some pictures of the world, the neighborhoods, and the tourists hotspots where will be built. (the real pictures is there too)

The real Tangua Park:

The real Barigui Park:

The real Cathedral:

And the botanical garden:
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 7:04 AM
This looks good. There is a creator feedback section and a moderator may move this there. I like what you have done so far.
dodgy builder
#3 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 9:58 AM
If you started last week, have you done any routing?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 10:50 AM
Well, opinions are like assholes. Everybody has one. So if you want my asshole, I'd say it looks good for a week's work, but start with the basics and make sure it's not all buggy everywhere. Do the terrain and the routing first before getting into things like detailing and lot building.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#5 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 8:39 PM
IMO this is way too early to worry about routing. Things will change over and over and the routing would have to be done over and over. And each person builds his or her own way. Someone like Nilxis who does amazing worlds does section by section in great detail. Some folks work more generally and then refine. We each have our own method.
dodgy builder
#6 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 9:40 PM
It's good to start looking at routing because you then learn how worlds work, and start to understand what you need to do to get there.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 10:32 PM
It looks like this person knows what he or she is doing from what I see, and this may not be the first one this person has done?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 27th Oct 2017 at 2:35 PM
I prefer build a fully neighborghood before start another one because I can build skyscrapers and parks with a good view from somewhere... Apartaments with a nice view cost more than a simple one. And when a like so much of a building i made i copy it to my new world, and it requires a specific size of lot.
dodgy builder
#9 Old 27th Oct 2017 at 3:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
It looks like this person knows what he or she is doing from what I see, and this may not be the first one this person has done?

yes well, some people have been doing this for a long time, and the routing still looks like shit

gabriel you should post in the feedback forum, this is for technical questions and the people in the feedback forum is more about giving feedback, and the people doing that has a different view on things.

Basically I'm bored already and have to go buy some clothes for saturday's "Julebord"
Mad Poster
#10 Old 27th Oct 2017 at 9:32 PM
I think the routing issue is for many people, and I can raise my hand, that many of us learn CAW from the EA tute and there is very little detail about routing. It is not until/unless we come to a site like this, which most folks do not do, that we/they become aware of the complexity of routing and learn more from tutes. I am sure the routing is horrible on most worlds done and including my older ones. (!) I am trying to go back and clean up one of my older ones now.