Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 2:01 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default What jobs require college?
I've never been able to find a clear answer to this and it honestly confuses me a bit so thought I'd ask: what jobs require college? Like, you can't get that job unless your sim went through college? I think the University careers have this requirement, but are they the only ones? I just want to know so thanks to anyone who helps in advance ^_^
Advertisement
Link Ninja
#2 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 2:22 AM
Yes. Show biz, artist, and natural scientist are the careers added on in University and they are the ones that need a degree to show up in job searches. Later careers you can have in job searches without having a sim go through college.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 2:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
Yes. Show biz, artist, and natural scientist are the careers added on in University and they are the ones that need a degree to show up in job searches. Later careers you can have in job searches without having a sim go through college.

Paranormal requires a University Degree as well.

There is a list at http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/The_Sims_2:_University

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Scholar
#4 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 11:47 PM
Yes, the four careers from UNI (as mentioned by Charmful and lordtyger) are the only ones that require a degree in an unmodded game.

Phaenoh's Uni Major Revamp alters the default settings for degree requirements, but all changes are mentioned in her post.

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.