Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 4:08 AM Last edited by justJones : 6th May 2018 at 11:21 PM.
Default Package combining in TS4 Demo (recolors)
Just confirmed that package combining works in the TS4 demo. Just a matter of making separate packages, then opening one of them in S4PE and importing from the other packages you want to combine it with.

More detailed instructions here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...-recolors?new=1

Not a big surprise if you've done this in TS3, but nice to know that it still works
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 4:16 AM
Hi there!

Since these instructions go back a few months and we now have new available tools, I was wondering if this method still works. I have actually tried combining 3 packages and I get an error (see the attached image).

A few details in case they are the cause for the error. I have created 3 paintings recolors with the latest version of S4S and each recolor has 6 swatches. All 3 packages are one set of paintings, so I wanted to combine the files, but when I try importing the 2nd package into the 1st (in S4PE / latest version) I get the error. Any thoughts?
Screenshots
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#3 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 6:45 AM
Does s4pe normally work for you? There used to be an issue with files not unzipping properly when one used winzip. Try 7zip instead, if you think that may be the problem here.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#4 Old 21st Dec 2014 at 5:01 PM
Thanks for your help (for once more) plasticbox. The unzipping was the problem. It's working great now.