Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jul 2019 at 7:28 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default How does one keep grades stable?
I try to keep my Sims varied. Some do well in school some not as well. But I have never figured out how to keep a child at a lower grade. If they don't do homework it goes to F, if they do it goes to A+. And once homework starts pilling up it doesn't matter if you do your homework, your grades still go down. So how do you keep a Sim in the middle and not at either extreme?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 11th Jul 2019 at 4:19 PM
In regular gameplay, I think there's no in the middle... Maybe Cyjon's partial homework credit could help you out (http://www.modthesims.info/d/230189/). It not only gives you credit for partially completed homework, but it also makes grade changes slower.

I use it in combination with his harder homework mod (http://www.modthesims.info/d/230191...r-homework.html), making homeworker harder for playful sims and for sims with certain aspirations. Useful if you, just like me, like somewhat more variation and a bit of a challenge When I use the combination of both mods, I sometimes just don't get my homework finished with some sims, causing some variation in the grades.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 11th Jul 2019 at 11:53 PM
Another option is to use Simlogical flexi school, not send the kid to school at all and they will stay at a C.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#4 Old 15th Jul 2019 at 3:22 AM Last edited by natboopsie : 16th Jul 2019 at 6:03 AM.
It's definitely a classic TS2 problem.

Jo's suggestion probably is the best for answering the question you actually asked: how to keep them in the middle. They don't go, so they don't get homework, and then you avoid the HW dilemma altogether---because as you described, once they start getting HW, either their grade plummets or skyrockets, depending on whether the HW gets done. Here's the direct link to the page for Inge's school types, including flexi school. You'll need the School Changer object at the top, in addition to the flexi school mod at the bottom.

Other than that, *if* you do want them to actually go to school and get HW and do at least some of it, then the set of Cyjon's mods that simone95 mentioned is one way to try and add variation. There's one other main mod that will add grade variation, but the way it does that is very different---so you have choices.

That other one is syberspunk's two variations of Harder Grades.

The difference between Cyjon's and syberspunk's mods is that with Cyjon's mod, if you're willing to have the sim kid put in all the extra time, you can get their grade all the way up to A+, guaranteed.

The mods by syberspunk don't change the amount of time it takes for the sim to do the homework. Instead, they make the amount of the grade increase (if any) depend also on the kid's skill levels. (Harder Grades only counts the Logic skill; Harder Harder Grades also counts several other skills---see the very last post in that thread of syberspunk's to get the breakdown.) So with syberspunk's mod, even if a student does all their homework, they may still never get an A, depending on what their skill levels are.

syberspunk's Harder Harder Grades requires you to calculate separately for each sim which skill they need to get A's...in addition to doing all their HW. But some players don't bother to ever make that calculation---because if they don't know, then they can't push the sim to skill that skill, and then which sims are getting good grades seems more random.

So between Cyjon's and syberspunk's, it's just a matter of whether you want HW to take longer, forcing grades to not rise because they typically don't finish it, or whether you want them to be able to finish their HW regularly, but still possibly not get A's if they haven't enough points in the right skill (especially if you're using Harder Harder Grades). Note, though, that syberspunk's only works to limit grades if all your kid/teen sims aren't highly skilled; if they are, then it's not much of a limiter either.

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/
Mad Poster
#5 Old 15th Jul 2019 at 12:52 PM
Here's a super easy no-mod way. using move0bjects on move the homework to a table. Delete the table.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/