Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Mar 2019 at 9:47 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Force Error doesn't work (Super Collection)
To clear up any potential confusion with what games are on the Super Collection, I play the Sims 2 Super Collection (all EPs up to BV, and Family Fun Stuff, Glamour Life Stuff, and Happy Holiday Stuff). Running on macOS Sierra 10.12.6.

I've had this problem since I installed the game, but it's only recently become irritating to me - Force Error just doesn't work. I can enable testingcheats and pretty much everything I can safely test in testingcheats seems to work just fine, but Force Error does absolutely nothing. I don't get an error dialogue, and when I've gotten what appear to be jump bugs in the past (when I was attempting to use a mod that my game won't cooperate with), enabling testingcheats doesn't give me error dialogues, either - the Sim just continues jumping when the problem occurs.

I've tried forcing errors on in-world with the Batbox with testingcheats both enabled and disabled, and had no luck. (Everything else on the Batbox appears to work as intended.) I don't know if there's another debug or hacked object that has the Force Error option, but I get the impression the issue is with Force Error itself, so I don't know if another object would fix it.

I've tried forcing errors on a variety of things - Sims and objects alike - and none of it works. I've also tried removing CC and hacks, and still nothing. Checked if I have a userstartup.cheat file that could be messing with the game, and I don't.

At this point I'm really stuck and don't know how to solve the issue, and I haven't found any thread online about this happening to someone else. What next?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 14th Mar 2019 at 10:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sugarmew
To clear up any potential confusion with what games are on the Super Collection, I play the Sims 2 Super Collection (all EPs up to BV, and Family Fun Stuff, Glamour Life Stuff, and Happy Holiday Stuff). Running on macOS Sierra 10.12.6.

I've had this problem since I installed the game, but it's only recently become irritating to me - Force Error just doesn't work. I can enable testingcheats and pretty much everything I can safely test in testingcheats seems to work just fine, but Force Error does absolutely nothing. I don't get an error dialogue, and when I've gotten what appear to be jump bugs in the past (when I was attempting to use a mod that my game won't cooperate with), enabling testingcheats doesn't give me error dialogues, either - the Sim just continues jumping when the problem occurs.

I've tried forcing errors on in-world with the Batbox with testingcheats both enabled and disabled, and had no luck. (Everything else on the Batbox appears to work as intended.) I don't know if there's another debug or hacked object that has the Force Error option, but I get the impression the issue is with Force Error itself, so I don't know if another object would fix it.

I've tried forcing errors on a variety of things - Sims and objects alike - and none of it works. I've also tried removing CC and hacks, and still nothing. Checked if I have a userstartup.cheat file that could be messing with the game, and I don't.

At this point I'm really stuck and don't know how to solve the issue, and I haven't found any thread online about this happening to someone else. What next?

This is a stab in the dark, but I have a mod from MATY {more awsome than you} called MacSpork.package According to @SIMposiast you use it if you find that nothing seems to happen when you try to Reset an erroring object.
Quote: Originally posted by SIMposiast
The Force Error dialog will come up regardless. macspork makes its Reset option actually work. Until I had macspork, Reset did nothing at all. So I think Mac users should know about its existence in case they have the same bug in their game.

I don't think I have ever found any problem trying to FORCE ERROR on a Sim or an Object myself and I use a Mac all the time. However In case someone does I found macspork http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/spec/macspork.package

This might help, but you should also make sure to test on a copy of your game with no Downloads in order to make sure that it is not something with your game engine on your version of MacOS 10.12.6, me I have 10.11.6.

BTW go to your Profile and Edit the Sims 2 Games that you have listed as installed, that is remove Free Time and Apartment Life, then when you are looking for CC on MTS you will only be shown Content that is compatiable.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.