Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Aug 2013 at 12:06 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default messed up a file very bad
okay, so i made a somewhat minor mistake 4 weeks ago. I was modifying a file from bon voyage, the treasure chest object because i wanted to make a better chance of finding it, however when i cloned the object i must have accidently saved the file over the original file. now i messed up the digging for treasure option completely and could never, ever find a treasure chests. I don't know how to restore the file except for one way. I modified all four of the tuning options in treasure chest file 0xFFFFFFFF, you can find it in object workshop, i would be asweome if somebody would send me the original tuning value for all four sections of the behavior constant. If you don't know what im talking about you can do this by going to simPE, and clone treasure chest (cached) 0xFFFFFFF and post all four tuning section values on a reply fourum, i would apprecciate it, thank you
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 5th Aug 2013 at 4:42 PM
Is this a piece of CC that you ruined? Or, did you modify your objects.package?

If the former, then re-download the CC or re-clone the object.

If the latter, my suggestion is that you restore your objects.package and then set it to read-only, so that you won't corrupt it in the future. Be sure to patch your games again, since most objects.package files are modified by the patches.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Aug 2013 at 9:57 PM
are you saying that i should reinstall bon voyage, if i do that, won't i damage the game without removing the other games, and will i lose all my save data?

by the way the object is not custom content i edited the treasure chest object from bon voyage so their is no cc involved at all.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 5th Aug 2013 at 10:09 PM
No she is saying you need to restore your objects package. Click her underlined test.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Aug 2013 at 9:14 PM
it worked, I managed to fix the object and I just got a treasure chest. I'll never complain about finding one again. Thx for your help guys.
Locked thread | Locked by: julianarosalia Reason: solved