Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Jul 2013 at 1:07 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default irritable - want to change digging chance for treasure chests
okay, so i just sent my sim on vacation and i'm tired of trying to wait to find a treasure chests, the reason for this is because everytime i send my sim to an island, i spend a maximum of 3 days until i at least find a chests, the vacation then goes bad and its all for nothing. I have SimPE and i want to try to change the percentage of chance for digging up a treasure chest, but i don't know how, all i might know is where to look and i think you begin by searching in program files/ea games/the sims 2 bon voyage/TSData/Res/3D/ but i don't know what to do next. If anyone had some insights i would be very happy for information.

Thanks
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 31st Jul 2013 at 1:36 AM
It's not necessary to take a sim to one of the vacation destinations to find a treasure chest. Digging can be done on any lot in any neighborhood, provided the lot isn't entirely concrete, or something.

Secret vacation lot maps are the same, and it's best to have your sims find them before they go on vacation, so they don't waste time digging when they could be enjoying themselves in other ways.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Jul 2013 at 1:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Darby
It's not necessary to take a sim to one of the vacation destinations to find a treasure chest. Digging can be done on any lot in any neighborhood, provided the lot isn't entirely concrete, or something.

Secret vacation lot maps are the same, and it's best to have your sims find them before they go on vacation, so they don't waste time digging when they could be enjoying themselves in other ways.

i did what you said...and i got the treasure chest. I just dug two times and the second time i got it. I guess your right, letting the game do what it does will have its own reward. Thanks for your advice, it really helped.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 31st Jul 2013 at 2:13 AM
Lucky! It doesn't usually happen that quickly!
But anyway, the point is that however long it takes, as long as you're not wasting vacation time, it won't matter so much.

Happy simming!
Locked thread | Locked by: julianarosalia Reason: solved