Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Aug 2012 at 4:03 PM Last edited by DJ. : 1st Aug 2012 at 7:14 PM. Reason: Re-arranging the whole thing

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default My Sim brought a friend home from work - Unsavory Charlatan!
I created a Sim in YACAS.

She graduated in Biology (which has 'Education' in Ideal Carrers). When she moved back in Pleasantview, she got a job in Education carrer, but started off from Playground Monitor. That seemed weird, since that's the first level of the carrer, and usually Sims who graduate from college start from higher levels.

So a message popped up, saying that the carpool is about to arrive. But it never did, instead I had to click on my Sim and select "Walk to Work".

She gained a promotion, and is now a Teacher's Aide. One day she got a chance card, saying that a couple working with her just got married, and that she has to choose whether she'll give them home made nectar or a blender. I chose the middle one (as I always do ) - blender, and it said well done, blah blah. And yes, my Sim decided to invite the newly married colleague at her place.

When her carpool arrived, she got promoted to Substitute Teacher. Also, a message popped up that she brought a friend home from work - it was Unsavory Charlatan, in a Twikkii outfit (and she, like I said before, lives in Pleasantview).

My Sim visited Twikkii Island twice before this event, once while on college and the second time for her honeymoon. But neither of my Sims got pickpocketed (or in any way contacted Charlatan).

Another weird thing is, that Charlatan didn't drive with her in the car, but appeared near the lot portal as he normally does on a community lot. He laughed as he normally does and went off to play billiards at the pool table (and, was only performing trick shots). He was present on the lot for three days straight, so I decided to delete him using moveObjects on cheat. So far, so good.

But, my Sim rolled a want that she wants to become friends with Charlatan! She has a memory of meeting him, and she even has him in her relationships panel, 25/10, IIRC. Just like a regular colleague.

---

Now a couple of questions.

How do I remove Charlatan from her relationships panel? To make my Sim not know him anymore?

And the most important question, IS MY NEIGHBORHOOD CORRUPTED? Because IIRC Charlatan is an object, and when shift-clicked on, only Dump Happy Log and Force Error appear. Therefore what on Earth would he be doing employed as a Teacher's Aide?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 1st Aug 2012 at 8:12 PM
Well, there's this, to remove the UC from your sim's relationship panel.
http://www.modthesims.info/d/155086
But it's a cosmetic removal only. She'll still actually know him.

I don't think that matters, though, because I don't think her knowing him is a problem in and of itself. Even if it is, and there was a way to remove all association between him and your sim (SimPE, I imagine), seems like that would be like wiping blood off the counter after pricking your finger and expecting that to heal the cut. Cleaning up the mess doesn't usually erase the damage.

If the 'hood is corrupt, it just is, and you'll have to deal with that. But unless you're seeing other weirdness, there's no reason to assume you're about to have a BFBVFS. An exit strategy is never a bad idea, but once you have a plan in mind, the only thing to do is carry on and enjoy your game.
Instructor
#3 Old 1st Aug 2012 at 8:42 PM
I once had a sim who brought home the car driver from work after a chance card. It wasn´t possible to interact with her so I had to use the Simblender to get her off the lot. Since I have a hack that enables the ability to call NPCs, she appeared in his phone book (a normal feature Freetime, I think, broke) but I didn´t let him call her anyway. But since I´m a bit paranoid about neighborhood corruption, I decided to restore from my latest back-up anyway. I also removed my latest installed hack and now, several rounds later, it has not happend again. I´m not saying that panicking like me is the right thing to do, but if it worries you enough to destroy the fun of your game, my personal recommendation is to paste your neighborhood folder on your desctop, restore from your latest back-up, remove your latest installed mods and see if it happens again. But my guess is that the whole thing isn´t much to worry about, something someone with more knowledge might be able to confirm.
Theorist
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Aug 2012 at 9:47 PM
Huh... alright. I'll follow the link you gave me, Darby, and I'll move on with the game.

And Kristina, thanks for the tips. I am really paranoid about this since I've taken my courage once to start everything over with River's clean neighborhood templates, and I don't think I'll have the courage to do it again. I mean Maxis, screw you.

But this time I'll listen to Darby. I'll wait to see if another weird thing happens, and then I'll restore the backup/completely start over.

Thanks guys!