Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd May 2012 at 11:28 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Bon Voyage Reloaded (2nd time)
I have a new neighborhood (created with clean templates) which I'm in the process of decorating. Today I loaded the neighborhood and Bon Voyage reloaded again. I don't know how to say it - the screen went blue with "exotic destination", which typically appears when you first create a neighborhood. So now 58 extra sims (mostly tourists) have been added to my game. I played last night without a problem, so I don't know why this happened.

I don't want this to happen again, so does anyone know why it happened? At the very least, does anyone know how I can prevent those extra sims from being added in case this occurs again? Thanks in advance.

“If I never met you, I wouldn't like you. If I didn't like you, I wouldn't love you. If I didn't love you, I wouldn't miss you. But I did, I do, and I will.”

Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 4th May 2012 at 2:44 PM
Ideally you would want to find out why it happened so you can prevent it. But the mod at MATY to prevent townies from regenerating should at least prevent more townies from being spawned.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Site Helper
#3 Old 4th May 2012 at 4:06 PM
It sounds as if the initial attachment of the stealth neighborhood to your primary neighborhood did not complete successfully, or the game was otherwise confused about the presence of the stealth subhood, and so the game added the stealth neighborhood again.

You can check this by opening each subhood package in your neighborhood (in your save game) and checking the Catalog Description. If you have two subhoods with the same name, then that explains what happened, although it doesn't explain why.

Since it is not standard behavior, my suggestion is that you backup your save game now and see whether it occurs again. If this occurs each time that your neighborhood is opened, then there's something wrong with your neighborhood or there's something wrong with your subhood template. Where did you download the clean subhood template?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th May 2012 at 8:03 PM
Ghost - I have Pescado's no townie regeneration hack, but it did not help in this situation.

Mootilda - I downloaded the clean template from Maty, and my suburbs all have different names. I backed up the neighborhood and went in today without problems. I just remembered that the night before the problem, the game was shutting down when I also shut down my laptop - could this have contributed to the problem? I've done that before without any problem.

“If I never met you, I wouldn't like you. If I didn't like you, I wouldn't love you. If I didn't love you, I wouldn't miss you. But I did, I do, and I will.”

Site Helper
#5 Old 4th May 2012 at 9:32 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 5th May 2012 at 12:42 AM.
OK, so we know that the template is good; the templates at MATY are popular and other people haven't reported this problem.

If the laptop shut down before all of the files were written to disk, I suppose that the neighborhood could be incomplete... incomplete enough to forget that the subhood had been added. However, it would be odd to have all of the added characters, but to be missing the flag which says that the subhood was attached.

In principle, the laptop should not shut down until all programs have completed, but I would always shut down the game first, then the computer. Why tempt fate?