Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Feb 2012 at 8:01 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Hotel Workers - Maid
Me again with a problem with Bon Voyage EP...again! I have so many bugs and problems with this EP!!

When I visit hotel, the maid - cleaner (I don't know how to say it exactly) gets stucked always, after she makes the bed in my Sims' hotel room! She gets stuck and never move!
What should I do? I tried to reset her with "boolproptestingcheatsenabled true" - I clicked on her and select "Force Error" - then I choose "Reset". But later the things were even worse, because I ruined the game with this cheat! Only more errors appeared and maid were even more buggy!
So, I'm about to uninstall the EP and then try to install it again and don't use cheats, but I don't know if I will solve a problem and if it's recommended, because my Sim returned from vacation?!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 9th Feb 2012 at 8:18 PM
Force Error:Reset did not ruin your game. It's a perfectly safe cheat to use, and does not cause more errors.

I don't know what the problem is, but the first thing I'd do it make sure you have the BV patch, and if that's not the issue, test CC and hacks/mods.
http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php..._Custom_Content

Next step would be to go through this troubleshooter
http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...lp:Game_Problem
and do everything it says to do as you go.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 9th Feb 2012 at 9:12 PM
Bon Voyage NPCs are bugged to the moon and back, it's not just you. I suggest downloading the NPC fixes on Simwardrobe. Click on Sims 2, Fixes, Bon Voyage Fixes and NPC Fixes.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th Feb 2012 at 4:05 PM Last edited by Sims Error : 10th Feb 2012 at 5:51 PM.
I downloaded Bon Voyage update from The Sims 2 offical site, but it still doesn't work as I want. When I go to hotel, everything is normal for 4 days (maids don't stuck too!), but after these four days, everything goes wrong! The maid stuck in the hall and doesn't even try to clean hotel rooms! The bellhop sometimes stuck when I want to order room service too and nobody repairs broken sinks and showers! Allways when I return from communtity loot, one room become visible and acessable! Sims were collecting there (about 8 Sims!) and watching TV and using the toilet! This is the most annoying problem! Are there any ideas on how to solve it? Chaos! Should I try to reinstall the game? Why does those bugs appear - is my game broken or what? Because I have this bug on all my computers, not only on that.
But everything works fine for a short period of time. I also created new Sim and sent him to a three days long vacation and everything was normal!
Mad Poster
#5 Old 10th Feb 2012 at 6:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims Error
Should I try to reinstall the game?

Absolutely not. Not until you've tried everything else that has already been suggested. You've only done one of them - installed the patch.

ETA: Easiest first would be the NPC Fixes mod from simwardrobe that SushiGal suggested. Then the troubleshooter FAQ I linked.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 10th Feb 2012 at 8:36 PM
I don't know if Paladin's fix will stop the maid from throwing errors and getting stuck, but it might. Even if it doesn't, it's a good mod to have, because the maid doesn't work properly even with the patch.

Quote: Originally posted by Joe_SLO
When my Sim check in a hotel, the other rooms gets reserved too, from other guests. Then I leave the hotel and go exploring community lots... But when I return back, some rooms gets visible and acessable! Sims are watching TV there and it's soo annoying (like Sims Error said). How can I get solve this problem??

To this, the same answers Sims Error got applies: Patch, try Paladin's mod, test the game without CC and hack/mods altogether to rule out "bad CC", and go through the FAQ, which includes all those suggestions and more.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th Feb 2012 at 8:41 PM
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=316172
Does this housekeeper fix means the same as Paladin's fix on Sims Wardrobe? Will this "fix" solve the same problem as one in Sims Wardrobe or is there a difference?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 10th Feb 2012 at 9:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Darby
To this, the same answers Sims Error got applies: Patch, try Paladin's mod

Wich Paladin's mod will solve the problem with visible-acessable rooms?
Site Helper
#9 Old 10th Feb 2012 at 9:52 PM
There's a very simple way to answer your questions: backup your save game.
Install Paladin's mod.
Play for a while.
Tell us the results.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 11th Feb 2012 at 12:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Joe_SLO
Wich Paladin's mod will solve the problem with visible-acessable rooms?

The one mentioned by sushigal in post 3 is the one we're talking about. As I said before, I don't know if it will solve the issues with the maid getting stuck, or with rooms being visible. Might not be the same issue. Nonetheless, I recommend Paladin's mod regardless of whether or not it will address the issues being discussed here, because it might help, and if not, is still a useful hack to have, because the BV maid and bellhop don't work properly even when BV is patched.

Please, do as Mootilda suggests and test for yourself. Follow the suggestions outlined in this thread, and you'll get better answers than anyone here can give you. All anyone else can do is point you in a direction. We can't fix it for you.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 11th Feb 2012 at 12:45 PM Last edited by Sims Error : 11th Feb 2012 at 2:18 PM.
Hey, I tried Paladin's mod and maid is now working very well, she does all the cleaning on the lot and in my Sims' hotel room! She also didn't get stuck!
But the problem with acessable rooms is still there. Not all, but one or two rooms always become acessable, when I return from other community lot! I really don't know how can I solve this one.
Site Helper
#12 Old 11th Feb 2012 at 4:20 PM
Have you done the entire Game_Help:Game_Problemwiki? If not, please do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 11th Feb 2012 at 4:59 PM Last edited by Sims Error : 11th Feb 2012 at 5:12 PM.
Do I have to send my Sim back home from his vacation first, then try a step from Game Help and then send Sim back on vacation to see if it's working? Or can he stay in hotel and the problem will be solved; acessable other rooms - will automatically turn to unacessable?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#14 Old 11th Feb 2012 at 5:11 PM
Just follow the instructions, and you will discover that it doesn't matter what you do with your holiday-making sim.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 12th Feb 2012 at 1:46 PM
Nevermind. My problems are solved! I uninstall all my Sims games and then install them back due to their release dates! Rooms aren't acessiable any more and I use Paladin's fix to solve the housekeeper bug!
Thanks for all advices! :D
Mad Poster
#16 Old 13th Feb 2012 at 4:02 PM
Just to check, when you reinstalled the games, you did patch them too, yes? Every single one?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 1:10 PM
Yes, I did. Now I haven't got anymore problems with Bon Voyage.
Site Helper
#18 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 5:22 PM
It's good to know that the Game Problem FAQ solved your problem.
Locked thread | Locked by: julianarosalia Reason: solved