Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 24th Dec 2006 at 7:41 PM
Lol haha @ a pigs heart, seriously if Rush knew all that stuff- she should of listened! No way is it a coinicidence (I can't spell..) This story is becoming even more addicting lol, its really great and its done so well it just drags ya in! I def can't wait to see if Rush's predictions are true Greaaaaaaat Job :D
Advertisement
Instructor
#77 Old 24th Dec 2006 at 9:26 PM
I think its my turn to join in Jennywren's comment previously, ewwwww! Its getting creepier, but I can manage lol. This reminds me of an episode that I saw once about the ventriloquist being alive, from the show Buffy the Vampire Slayer :D

Auroraspirit :angel:
Inventor
#78 Old 24th Dec 2006 at 10:33 PM
Creepy... I can't wait for the next chapter though, it's getting better all the time!
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 25th Dec 2006 at 12:52 AM
oh my dorka, i love this story! like, so much! i mei-lin is so... i just cant describe it... lol.. i love the storyline, and cant wait to see where this all is going...
wicked
#80 Old 25th Dec 2006 at 12:57 AM
Eee! This is making me nervous :D. She believes in talking dolls but not fortune tellers! Hope to see the update soon!
Test Subject
#81 Old 25th Dec 2006 at 9:30 PM
Merry Christmas, in the first place, and...excellent update again. I'm scared of what Motoko will possibly do to Mei-Lin.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#82 Old 26th Dec 2006 at 11:11 AM
Rayline -- definitely.. but we all know that characters usually do the opposite of what we want.. wheheeee! :devil2:

GummiBears -- Thank you! <3

auroraspirit -- Haha! I wish I could remember that episode. I haven't seen Buffy for years. But it was always fun!

PennyTheCorgi -- Thank you!

wicked_t0y -- xD Yay! Glad you like it.

claire. -- hehe, Mei-Lin can be as stubborn as a mule! Just like myself I guess. Even though Motoko scares her, she still doesn't want anyone to badmouth her. xD

Bloodflower -- Merry Christmas! I'm glad you like it!

Hehe. This chapter is going very slowly, sadly. I know what's going to happen first, but don't know yet what to fill the rest of the chapter with. I'll try to finish it as soon as possible though! Thanks for reading, hope you're all enjoying your holidays!

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
what is essential is invisible to the eye.
#83 Old 26th Dec 2006 at 4:14 PM
DORKA! *huggles* I LOVE YOUR STORY! Oh my lord, this is fabulous! *huggles* You deserve a star for this :D
Forum Resident
#84 Old 26th Dec 2006 at 4:33 PM
This story is getting better and better. I can't wait to read the rest. :D
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#85 Old 26th Dec 2006 at 4:43 PM
cosmopolitans -- -huggles back- wow, thank you so much! -smiles happily-

chyrun -- whee Thank you!

#86 Old 26th Dec 2006 at 4:45 PM
I've never read a story as good as yours. Even if English isn't your mother language you write SO well. If you hadn't wrote that I wouldn't notice. But then again..I might be the only one. I SUCK at grammar...and spelling....and english :p
#87 Old 26th Dec 2006 at 9:10 PM
wow... this is amazing. The settings, the characters, the story, eberything is so intriguing and dark, I love it. I read it all today, and it's absolutely amazing. wow just wow...
Field Researcher
#88 Old 26th Dec 2006 at 9:31 PM
Wow, exciting chapter! Cool with some new chars too!
Test Subject
#89 Old 27th Dec 2006 at 3:15 PM
Wahhh I can't believe I missed this update! Great great job! Although I feel like screaming at Mei-Lin "Listen to Rush!!!!!!"

Can't wait for more!
Lab Assistant
#90 Old 27th Dec 2006 at 4:16 PM
Great update.The picture quality is awesome and so is the story.The heart stuff kinda grossed me out though.But I still love you story.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#91 Old 31st Dec 2006 at 7:14 PM
whoa I'm so late with replying to comments.. darn holidays. ):

cosmopolitans -- thank you so much! that truly means a lot to me, writing is a very important thing in my life. So I really appreciate your comment

.~*Iris*~. -- yay! thank you! I love your story as well

TheSilverLining -- new characters are always cool I'm surprised I haven't crammed the story with new people yet, because I always tend to do that!

Gallowsraven -- hehee, thank you! Mei-Lin is a little naive and ignorant.

midnight05 -- thanks! I love creepy stuff!

update will probably be finished in the new year - I've hardly had time to work on it. ): but thanks for reading and all your comments!

And: happy new year! hehe

Instructor
#92 Old 31st Dec 2006 at 7:56 PM
Haunting Grounds is a video game for the PS2. It's also called 'Demento' (that's the japanese game's name). I know a lot of people haven't heard of it, but that's too bad. It's an amazing game.
I liked chapter four, and I hope we get to see Rush again. :P
#93 Old 31st Dec 2006 at 10:43 PM
This story reminds me of a Victorian gothic romance it's beautiful yet disturbing!!
Lab Assistant
#94 Old 7th Jan 2007 at 12:53 PM
I'll be following this story Awesome pictures Dorka!
Keep up the good work
Forum Resident
#95 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 7:26 PM
Hey, Dorka when's the next update? :P
Lab Assistant
#96 Old 10th Jan 2007 at 1:37 AM
Oh man, I didn't realize this had updated! Anyway, amazing job as usual, can't wait for the next update!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#97 Old 12th Jan 2007 at 11:55 AM
prettiammie2005 -- aw, I dont have PS2 ): Sounds like a great game though! Hehee, I wanted Rush in the next chapter too, but I couldn't find a good reason for him to appear this time.. so hopefully the chapter after that. -loves Rush too-

sokojarvis -- thanks! glad you like it Victorian gothic, indeed what I was aiming for, kind of! xD

Hil_Luv -- Yay, thanks Hil! (hope I can call you that )

chyrun -- hehe, soon hopefully! Most pics have been taken and photoshopped.. I don't like the upcoming chapter that much yet though, so I'm trying to think of something interesting to add.

qadsjlkahsdf -- glad you like it

Things are going a bit slow because I'm scared of my Hard Drive dying soon.. -paranoid- It's almost a year old, and judging the life lengths of the past ones.. ick! But don't fear, all my sims are backed up so I won't lose anything. Except for Rush, but he's easy to replicate.. I made him in the normal CAS even, instead of using Bodyshop.

I'll probably upload Mei-Lin some time, I know that at least one person wants her, so if anyone else wants her too I'll put her online.

Also, because I'd like to involve my readers into the story, go ahead and post ideas/ things you'd like to happen. I'm thinking about celebrating Mei-Lin's birthday soon and aging her into an adult.. Or would you guys prefer her staying teen?

:D

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#98 Old 12th Jan 2007 at 3:12 PM
Default Chapter five
[ note: this chapter is TEH SUCK! ]

Chapter five: interlude.

It was the fragrance of blooms from fields afar that made me stir in my sleep. A cold, perfumed breeze tickling my senses and gently tugging my sheets. Gold-trimmed and nothing but a delight in the wintry night, the downy fabric warmed my small body, and I pulled them back to my chin.

No, no. I will not wake up yet. It is too early.

The invisible hands did not listen, and dragged the soft sheets all the way down to my thighs, frosty air instantly licking my skin. That was when my eyes fluttered open in annoyance, expecting to find either my mother or Motoko urging me to get up. But no one was there. . .

Where am I? This is not my room.

Groggily, I lifted my heavy skull from the pillow. The bed I lay in creaked in protest, its springs undoubtedly old and rusty. The chamber surrounding me looked equally ancient – bare, dust-touched and dusky. I frowned. There were no windows, merely two tall doors opposite me. Nevertheless, a chilly breeze hovered through the room, making the bed’s iron construction as cold as ice.

What does this mean?

There was something with me.

There was something in this room.

Something else, something alien.

Needle-pricks pestered my body when I found myself staring at a being. A being, that certainly had not been here before.

What?

I screamed, “No, what are you, what do you want?!”

I attempted to move away as swiftly as possible, until my back hit the bed’s intricately curved iron. The blankets around me felt like thick syrup sticking me to the mattress and making my movements slow.

“What do you want?!”

The creature hissed and wailed, its voice howling like a defective machine. But it moved backwards, and gazed at me with eyes lacking both pigment and pupils. Its hair looked like dewy gossamers, tousled and dishevelled yet matted to its porcelain skin. Snow clumps clustered its pearly locks together, and the ambiance around it was freezing and blurred.

Is she ice, is she snow, is she a spirit – I don’t know.

Then, it spoke, producing a broken sound of chimes shattered against a hard wall.

“Follow me.”

I swallowed.

And obeyed.

When my bare feet crossed the threshold that separated different, wooden floorboards, the creature was no longer there. Instead, I saw a child clad in a satin nightdress, beckoning me with a chubby hand.

“Good. Mei-Lin. Come. . . I’ll show you. . .”

She was white against black, light in the shadows. Whenever she made a step, I heard knives tinkling against glass in the distance. A steady, eerie melody. It made me realise how alone I was.

“Come,” she said in a monotone, singsongy voice.

I followed her into darkness deeper than Motoko’s eyes. I walked through twilight, dust and burgundy corridors that were endless and choking.

“Where are we going?” I asked.

She said nothing. Of course, I thought. She is just a child.

“Room,” she then giggled, the rest of her face remaining blank.

I started feeling dizzy. The walls around me seemed to shake with anger, distorting and curving only to confuse me. I did not think I could walk for much longer. I told the child. She paid me no attention.

Am I dreaming? Surely, I must be.

At last, we reached a door. The little girl reverted her gaze to me and gave me a bright smile, clutching the hem of her silken dress. Sudden, cold sweat broke across my skin, and I shivered in my simple gown.

“Is this the room?” I hesitated.

She pushed the door open with little to no effort, and pointed inside. The door-opening was a pitch-black hole in front of me. My heart banged in my chest like a carillon. My intangible thoughts screamed in my ears. The girl stepped into the room, and the walls shook louder. I was afraid that my eardrums would break if they would quiver any harder.

I looked around, trying to orientate myself. It was a room like the one I had awoken in, but held a lot more furniture. A big, rather princessy four-poster bed, a doll’s house. During my fast scan, I had not noticed the girl clambering on top of the bed. In her hands, she held a gun, and played with it absentmindedly.

“Hey, don’t do that!” I shouted, in shock. “That’s too dangerous to play with, it might—“

BANG.

And all I saw, was blood.

Suddenly, the sunlight broke through the window, kissing my face with feathery rays. I gasped, screamed and cried, and fervently tried to wipe the blood off my face. Again, again and again. My eyes were mist-laden and I assumed I had fainted when they finally adjusted – only to see Motoko lying next to me, grinning sheepishly.

“That was quite the nightmare you had, my darling. Did you have fun?”

She chuckled. I gaped at her with wide-open eyes for what seemed like hours, and then dropped my head back on the pillow in relief. I had been right, it was only a dream.

“Thanks for the heart, by the way,” she continued, patting her chest nonchalantly. “It fits me nicely!”

Inventor
#99 Old 12th Jan 2007 at 3:23 PM
Very creepy! I love it though, can't wait for the next update! *Sets up tent to wait*
#100 Old 12th Jan 2007 at 7:47 PM
That's one freaky dream. Beautifully written though as usual.
Page 4 of 15