Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Sep 2007 at 10:00 AM
Default Can pets go on vacations?
Can pets go on vacations?

soz if its a dupe.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 22nd Sep 2007 at 10:04 AM
Nope, sorry, no pets allowed.
I guess you could (maybe, not sure is this is recommended) use the Summoner in the Insimenator to get your pets up to your holiday place. Not sure how you'd get them back, though.

"Life is just a chance to grow a soul" - A. Powell Davies
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Sep 2007 at 10:08 AM
^ naw no fun. hope a hack comes out soon.
#4 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 4:51 PM
Can someone look after the pets while your sims are on vacation?If not then my sims can't go on there honeymoon.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 6:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by X_Lea_X
Can someone look after the pets while your sims are on vacation?If not then my sims can't go on there honeymoon.

If i'm right, pets are fine left on their own.
transmogrified
retired moderator
#6 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 7:21 PM
You have to hire a nanny to look after the pet (you should be prompted when you book the vacation), and it can result in some awkward game behavior. The one time I did it, the nanny showed up, observed there were no children in the house, and left. The BV cab left without my Sim. I shrugged it off, because this was just a regular vacation and not a honeymoon, but then the nanny and the cab showed up again the next morning, and the vacation began.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 7:53 PM
Hmm that's odd. I assumed that since you can leave pets on lots alone while everyone's at work/school/wherever that you could leave them during vactations. Strange.
#8 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 10:56 PM
well, theoretically, a vacation is alot longer than a work day (even though sims arrive back home like nothing changed). i think someone needs to be around to feed the pets and empty the litter box, as if in real life. you could leave a real pet at home all day alone but doing it for a week is animal abuse.
#9 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 11:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mangaroo
You have to hire a nanny to look after the pet (you should be prompted when you book the vacation), and it can result in some awkward game behavior. The one time I did it, the nanny showed up, observed there were no children in the house, and left. The BV cab left without my Sim. I shrugged it off, because this was just a regular vacation and not a honeymoon, but then the nanny and the cab showed up again the next morning, and the vacation began.

You can't hire a nanny to look after your pets. ( unless there are children on the lot) If you ask her to come, once she is there a pop up will say "There are no chilidren here! I am leaving!" Pets are fine on there own!
#10 Old 3rd Apr 2008 at 9:03 AM
The manual of BV says that you should hire a nanny or someone to look after them. But I'm not sure if she'll stay. I'll tell you guys if she does or doesn't but then can I hire a friend to come and look after them or does it have to be someone on the lot?
Instructor
#11 Old 15th Jun 2008 at 1:17 AM
I took my hippies to the beach for a 6 day vacation and Daisy had to hire a nanny. The nanny DID say "there are no children, I am leaving", but then she reappeared and sat down and started watching tv. Daisy and Nef left for vacation and came back and the nanny was still watching tv and the pets were all fine. All 7 of them!
#12 Old 23rd Jun 2008 at 7:04 AM
For me it works fine with the nanny looking after my pets when my sims are on holiday. When you book a holiday it immediately says that you have to hire a nanny or leave an adult at home an there is an option for you to hire the nanny without actually making a seperate call.
Alchemist
#13 Old 14th Jul 2015 at 9:32 PM
I just adopted a horse in Paris and everything's fine, so technically, yes you can.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14 Old 15th Jul 2015 at 12:32 AM
Seriously you post that on a 7 year old thread?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#15 Old 15th Jul 2015 at 1:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kennyinbmore
I just adopted a horse in Paris and everything's fine, so technically, yes you can.

A horse? In Paris?

What game are you playing?

Because it sure don't sound like The Sims 2!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Theorist
#16 Old 15th Jul 2015 at 2:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by psivampyr
I took my hippies to the beach for a 6 day vacation and Daisy had to hire a nanny.

What do your hippies vacation from?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17 Old 15th Jul 2015 at 2:01 AM
My guess is they have been drinking and wondered from the Sims 3 board and tripped down the rabbit hole into a 7 year old sims 2 discussion. :P

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 15th Jul 2015 at 3:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kennyinbmore

Out of context.... This is hilarious....
Theorist
#19 Old 15th Jul 2015 at 3:33 AM Last edited by ScaryRob : 15th Jul 2015 at 12:27 PM.
@psivampyr, so what did your hippies vacation from, 7 years ago?

I mean, does slacking come with benefits?

(And for people wondering, yes, psivampyr is still active here. He/she logged in a month ago.)
Forum Resident
#20 Old 15th Jul 2015 at 3:39 AM
Why does this make me think of something an evil character would say in some 20th century mystery movie? Particularly some evil guy with a funny mustache and thick French accent. Perhaps like an evil Poirot.

"Yes, hello, George? Yes, I've obtained the horse. Yes, the one in Paris. Do wire me the money tomorrow, will you? I'll see you in the patisserie... I will be the one wearing the glasses... yes, George. The glasses with the mustache. Goodbye, George."

Maybe I've been watching too many old movies... My off-topic rambles could not be more ridiculous!

"God created dinosaurs. God destroyed dinosaurs. God created Man. Man destroyed God. Man created dinosaurs.

Dinosaurs eat man...Woman inherits the earth."

- Michael Crichton, Jurassic Park

My Simblr | Hadi Family Tree
Scholar
#21 Old 15th Jul 2015 at 5:04 AM
Why do EA make it that pets and toddlers can't go on vacation? Of course EA laziness. Because I want my puppies to go play in the sand darn it. Summoning mods it is then.

Also Bon voyage. No french or European style vacation? How unfair to use french words for an expansion pack with no french in it. Oh well 7(?) years too late to pester EA about it.

Time to look for french styling mods and drag toddlers and pets to the Far East via Summon cat and appello catus whatjimaspell for the Witch Cats.

End of questions/Vacation rant.

Now can anyone help me find the depature gate 12 for Crua Coast? I feel like having a swim in the tropical ocean after that rant.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#22 Old 15th Jul 2015 at 5:26 AM
All you need is a community lot built like a resort or an all in one camping ground then install the mod puppy and toddler riders. Then take your puppies, kittens and toddlers with you to the lot. I've done this numerous times although I don't take puppies only toddlers.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#23 Old 15th Jul 2015 at 10:13 AM
You can go on a regular vacation, and teleport the pets in and make them selectable. I did for my last vacation, and it worked fine.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Instructor
#24 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 4:27 AM Last edited by psivampyr : 15th Jan 2016 at 4:29 AM. Reason: I noticed the date they posted
Quote: Originally posted by ScaryRob
@psivampyr, so what did your hippies vacation from, 7 years ago?

I mean, does slacking come with benefits?

(And for people wondering, yes, psivampyr is still active here. He/she logged in a month ago.)

They had a great time at the beach. They needed a vacation from the crazy neighbors and work. I really do remember that family tho it was many many moons ago. I might even have pictures of them floating around cyberspace. I do tend to make hippies and have them live carefree.
Tell me about your families.
WOW and all of those posts were on my birthday. *warm fuzzies* I do apologize for taking so long to reply, I have been super busy.
Mad Poster
#25 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 6:02 PM

I love that you came back six months later to update the 7 year old bumped thread.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Page 1 of 2