Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Aug 2007 at 4:32 AM Last edited by sheep_plushi : 30th Aug 2007 at 5:05 PM. Reason: Problem solved

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Specific sims has lost her 6 wants
Just to state: I have backed up my game every month and a half for a while now.

This one particular family contains a couple and one dog. I stopped playing this couple a while back and have been playing other families. I raised both members of this couple from children and they have both attended college. Today I turned on my game and went to play this family, and everything was fine except that the female sim had no wants. She had her fears, but her wants were 4 blank boxes. She was washing the tub at the time - nothing suspicious. Her husband was working out, and the dog was just running around.

What I have done:
1. I turned off the game and restarted my computer. Didn't work.
2. I removed my most recent downloads of custom content. Didn't work.
3. I tried playing her for a few days with no wants - after she went to work she came back with wants - but only FOUR. She's supposed to have SIX. So I count that as a failure - but maybe it's a hint at what's wrong?
4. Went to backup from June - still missing wants.
5. Went to backup from April - still missing wants. This is totally odd because I made this backup right before I stopped playing this family!
6. Went to backup from February - now she's back in college... but her wants are back.

So is there a way to fix this? I really don't want to start her back in college! I'd lose all the families I've created since then Is there a way to edit her in SimPE and give her back her 6 wants? I'm so lost because she still has memories of going to college and graduating.

Some more info:
I've used the Insimenator machine, but not on this lot. The only hack I use on this lot is the espresso machine that can max all your needs/aspiration.
The only cheat I've used is for money.
I've checked into my other lots with college grads and they're doing fine. I really don't think it's custom content or hack related - it seems to be a random game glitch.

I appreciate any insight you may have to offer. If I seem a little obsessive it's because this sim is ME and her husband is actually my husband. It's just so crazy that this glitch would happen to me instead of a random sim!

edit: Thank you J.M. Pescado! It didn't work perfectly, but in the end it did work. Using the mod you suggested I was able to fix her wants but even though her wants slots expanded to six slots they were still empty. I still had to go to work again to get actual wants. I'm counting this as solved though^^
Advertisement
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#2 Old 30th Aug 2007 at 4:34 AM
The FFS Lot Debugger at More Awesome Than You has an option to fix corrupted want and lock slots. It should be able to detect the correct number of wants/fears/locks and reset them back. Many other Awesome fixes in the free samples at More Awesome Than You!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#3 Old 30th Aug 2007 at 5:14 PM
Pescado's FFS Lot Debugger is an excellent way to fix this problem. But since there might be a greater underlying problem, I'd go through all the steps in this faq first: http://www.modthesims2.com/article.php?t=139718

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 16th Apr 2016 at 5:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado
The FFS Lot Debugger at More Awesome Than You has an option to fix corrupted want and lock slots. It should be able to detect the correct number of wants/fears/locks and reset them back. Many other Awesome fixes in the free samples at More Awesome Than You!

The link to the Lot Debugger is broken.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5 Old 16th Apr 2016 at 6:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Epierc32
The link to the Lot Debugger is broken.

Try searching at MATY - it's still there.

Also, try not to resurrect 9 year old threads.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc