Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jul 2019 at 8:27 AM Last edited by Ecca : 12th Jul 2019 at 8:35 PM. Reason: Solution found!

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Mood bar is stuck in red, motives green...help! SOLVED
Hi, it's me again.

Unfortunately I'm very late with this for I don't really play often in these last few months and I'm just wondering if someone else has ever encountered this glitch I'm having out of the blue with this mood mod by simler90, in particular the MoodMod-MemoryVersion-UPDATE2.

He/she makes very useful mods but I've seen for a fact he/she doesn't answers to people with problems for this mod and looks like he/she hasn't been active in a while.

I play a NH with many families (maximum 3 sims), the sessions could be very long so that switching from one household to another can take some time in RL, also I use mods to change the standard sim days.

Basically, yesterday evening I started to play with another family and, after a few simhours, 2 of my playables had the mood bar totally red and not improving with all the motives in the green, if directed to go to a community lot the bar will return normal.

At first I thought about corruption in the SimData or in that particular lot caused by a bad save (I read this post here) so I made a backup ASAP and tried the 'moveobjects on/off' procedure, the sims resetted but as soon as I tried to play the bar glitched again.

At this point I looked in my downlads for the latest addition and I found it was simler90's mod...

The very strange thing of this glitch is that before this family I played another sim 30 simdays without encountering it in the slightest and the mod looked to be functioning well (in the mechanics simler90 explains).
Then there is also the way the mod counts the aspiration meter and the last 200 memories ...my sim is in the green aspiration and have not so bad (I think) memories... ?
And it looks like there is no error log or conflicts (I ran HCDU and Mootilda's HoodChecker)/

I tried switching the memory version with the regular one and the mood bar returns green and dynamic.

I don't know if this is normal honestly, have someone encountered this problem?
How do you counter the effects of a totally red mood bar stuck at its lowest point? (and the sim doesn't want to do anything to better it?)

I'm worried about this, mostly for possible corruption for I don't remember when I added this mod and my backup's haven't been very regular.
I'm also afraid for my other sims...

Sorry for this long post but I can't for the life of me figure out this thing...

Help...?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 9th Jul 2019 at 3:33 PM Last edited by natboopsie : 9th Jul 2019 at 3:43 PM. Reason: readability
Hi, Ecca!

I do not play with that mod, but recently when I had some similar mood glitches caused by some mod conflicts, I found that it was pretty straightforward to fix by resetting the sim through in-game deletion from the lot. (You can see my original post about it here.)

So I don't know whether it'll fix your problem, but since it was such an easy and simple fix for me, I thought I'd suggest it to you. Others may be able to help you with more involved solutions if this isn't effective!

FYI, it is totally safe to delete a sim from the lot temporarily this way! No corruption will be caused by the process.

To do it, turn on the MoveObjects cheat and, in Buy Mode, delete the sim using the hand tool like any other object. Then save, exit to the neighborhood, and re-enter the house; the sim will be standing by the mailbox unharmed, and hopefully their glitch will be gone.

You may have to do this a couple times to get the fix to take. Also, play the household for a few sim minutes after you go back in, so that the mods you're running have a chance to do their next check on the sim.

Good luck!

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Jul 2019 at 6:38 PM
Hi!
Thank you for your time!

Quote: Originally posted by natboopsie
To do it, turn on the MoveObjects cheat and, in Buy Mode, delete the sim using the hand tool like any other object. Then save, exit to the neighborhood, and re-enter the house; the sim will be standing by the mailbox unharmed, and hopefully their glitch will be gone.

You may have to do this a couple times to get the fix to take. Also, play the household for a few sim minutes after you go back in, so that the mods you're running have a chance to do their next check on the sim.

I actually did this on both the sims a few times yesterday, because I read your post in the 'What did you discover..' thread but so far nothing changed...

I don't have mods that modify aspiration and motives apart from simler's but is true that my mods folder is currently over 700 different files not counting specific things like Inteen, ACR, fixes and Defaults.

Right now I'm more worried for the other sim in the family that is showing no signs of this glitch (there are three members, two glitchy one normal) and for possible global corruption.
I'm actually thinking to kill this 2 particular sims, but than I would fear the problem reappearing.

This evening I'm going to reset them 5 or 6 times, play them for a bit and see what happens.
If this solves the glitch I will edit this post with the results.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 9th Jul 2019 at 7:30 PM
Have you tried moving the sim(s) with the problem to a different house? If the lot itself is buggy, deleting the sims to reset them may not fix the problem.

Have you tried running a copy of this neighborhood with ONLY the mood mod in it? This would let you know for certain whether the Mood Mod is the cause of your problem.

Do you have any mods that modify memories? I don't know whether this would make a difference.

I use the Regular version of the Mood Mod. I thought about using the Memory version, but decided against it. My sims seem to have too few red memories to have much effect on their mood. Memories seem to me to be awfully buggy anyway - there seem to be a lot of mods needed to fix them.

Strong memories are often caused by events that satisfy wants or fears. This drives the aspiration up or down correspondingly and that in turn will cause the Regular Version of the Mood mod to affect the sim's mood much the same way without needing to have memories affect mood.

I've been using the Regular version of the mod for several weeks and have not had any problems with it. If the Regular version seems to work well in your game, you could switch to using that instead.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Jul 2019 at 7:58 PM Last edited by Ecca : 10th Jul 2019 at 7:08 AM. Reason: Updates
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
Have you tried moving the sim(s) with the problem to a different house? If the lot itself is buggy, deleting the sims to reset them may not fix the problem.

Yes I did and the glitch was even worse. On the new lot I had real trouble to make them perform even the basic actions like feeding themselves and so on.

Have you tried running a copy of this neighborhood with ONLY the mood mod in it? This would let you know for certain whether the Mood Mod is the cause of your problem.

No, but as I wasn't exactly sure what the problem was I backed up my hood outside the game and tried the following:

0. Reset the sims in-lot with moveobjects. Bar returned green for 1 sim hour scarce than back to red.
1. run the hood with no CC whatsoever. The mood bars were perfect so I knew it wasn't the main core files;
2. I moved the memory version out of my mods folder and run the hood again with all CC. Mood bars again were perfect;
3. Out of frustration I downloaded the regular version and run again the hood. Mood bars were good.

Do you have any mods that modify memories? I don't know whether this would make a difference.

No, I don't think I have but as I said previously I have many mods and the mod by Simler90 is the last addition to my game...I'm just surprised how it glitched, with no warnings and after I already played like a sim month in another household with no problems.

I use the Regular version of the Mood Mod. I thought about using the Memory version, but decided against it. My sims seem to have too few red memories to have much effect on their mood. Memories seem to me to be awfully buggy anyway - there seem to be a lot of mods needed to fix them.

Strong memories are often caused by events that satisfy wants or fears. This drives the aspiration up or down correspondingly and that in turn will cause the Regular Version of the Mood mod to affect the sim's mood much the same way without needing to have memories affect mood.

I've been using the Regular version of the mod for several weeks and have not had any problems with it. If the Regular version seems to work well in your game, you could switch to using that instead.

Looks like you are luckier than me...I was intrigued by the second version...
Again yesterday I made a backup as soon as I saw the problem but the true worry for me is NH corruption...
If switching to the regular version of the mod (that strangely works, even for me!) will retain the healthiness of my hood, I will do it and so be it but first I want to be sure nothing bad will happen if I do it.

EDIT 10/07/2019: I tried the fix @natboopsie wrote about more than 6 times yesterday night but it didn't do the trick.

I even tried a theory I had in the last days (reaching any possible thing my Sim had in the want slots to even out the score between bad memories and good memories) but the mood bar doesn't respond and remains stuck in the red.

Another thing jumped in my mind about the differences between aspirations...the two sims glitching are both Knowledge and the one sim I played before was Romance. Maybe this is a bug on the type of Aspiration?
If so why the third family member is also a Knowledge sim and doesn't glitch?
Mad Poster
#6 Old 10th Jul 2019 at 11:02 AM
You mentioned that you have Inteen, which has been known to conflict with several other mods. I looked at the feedback comments for the Mood Mod and found a post where a user named Boosterbear reported a conflict between the Mood Mod and Inteen B that "seems to be causing an issue with my sims' wants." Boosterbear did not specify which version of the Mood Mod they were using or exactly what their symptoms were.

I looked up the features of Inteen and found that one of them was "Motive-triggered miscarriages for all pregnant female sims with custom behaviors, reactions, long term mood effects, and memories". I think that this must be what's causing the problems with the Mood Mod in your game. Inteen is an old mod and it's quite likely that Inteen's custom memories don't work properly with the Memory version of the Mood Mod. This would explain why the Regular version of the Mood Mod works for you, since the Regular version doesn't look at memories. Just switch to the Regular version of the Mood Mod. I don't use Inteen myself, so I don't know what the "long term mood effects" are or whether they will eventually conflict with the Regular version of the Mood Mod. This makes me wonder if the glitching sims had some of Inteen's custom memories and the non-glitching sims did not have any?

I am no expert on neighborhood corruption, but it seems to me that you have not done anything that would cause such corruption. Your problem appears to have been simply a conflict between mods. The causes of neighborhood corruption are listed on the following page and none of them resemble what was happening in your game.
https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Game_g...ding_corruption
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th Jul 2019 at 12:10 PM
You mentioned that you have Inteen, which has been known to conflict with several other mods. I looked at the feedback comments for the Mood Mod and found a post where a user named Boosterbear reported a conflict between the Mood Mod and Inteen B that "seems to be causing an issue with my sims' wants." Boosterbear did not specify which version of the Mood Mod they were using or exactly what their symptoms were.

I looked up the features of Inteen and found that one of them was "Motive-triggered miscarriages for all pregnant female sims with custom behaviors, reactions, long term mood effects, and memories". I think that this must be what's causing the problems with the Mood Mod in your game. Inteen is an old mod and it's quite likely that Inteen's custom memories don't work properly with the Memory version of the Mood Mod. This would explain why the Regular version of the Mood Mod works for you, since the Regular version doesn't look at memories. Just switch to the Regular version of the Mood Mod. I don't use Inteen myself, so I don't know what the "long term mood effects" are or whether they will eventually conflict with the Regular version of the Mood Mod. This makes me wonder if the glitching sims had some of Inteen's custom memories and the non-glitching sims did not have any?

That does make a lot of sense for a possible conflict...even the piece about the 'long term effects' (I remember it happened to me a long time ago after a sim miscarried autonomously...her mood wasn't the best for a day or two despite the state of her motives).

I know for certain no-one of my sims have memories related to inteen or just miscarried...
I could try to remove Inteen from my downloads folder to further test this...it is an old mod after all.

But doesn't load order count for mods?
I mean, right now the folder containing simler90 mod is called 'AMods' while Inteen is stored in 'ZInteen', doesn't that insure that Inteen will be loaded after anything else?

I am no expert on neighborhood corruption, but it seems to me that you have not done anything that would cause such corruption. Your problem appears to have been simply a conflict between mods. The causes of neighborhood corruption are listed on the following page and none of them resemble what was happening in your game.
https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Game_g...ding_corruption

I know the page and I read it quite a few times, the thing was too strange though and I wasn't sure.
Still I'm relieved my hood is probably fine and after yesterday gameplay (a true nightmare) I'm going to switch to the regular version and keep a copy of my hood as it is right now for a month or two. Better be safe than sorry.

Thank you for your time RoxEllen1965, you have been very kind
Forum Resident
#8 Old 10th Jul 2019 at 4:26 PM Last edited by natboopsie : 10th Jul 2019 at 4:28 PM. Reason: typos
Ooh, that's a nice bit of detective work, RoxEllen! (And indeed, unfortunately necessary since, indeed, simler90 really doesn't respond to questions about his mods.)

Ecca, it sounds to me like that probably is exactly the issue, that the two mods (this version of Mood Mod and Inteen) conflict. You are right that load order often can help with conflicts, but there are some conflicts that can never be solved by load order. It sounds like you have run into one of those, unfortunately.

If you want to put more time into it, you could also try having Inteen load first, before simler90's mod. However, it's quite possible that that would cause new conflicts with other mods you have, which may have been working well only because of Inteen loading in the position you have it now---so it might be a lot of additional work to figure out where it needs to load to keep all your other mods working, and there's still no guarantee that that would make it compatible, ever, with this version of Mood Mod.

So it may still end up that you need to simply use that other version of the Mood Mod, just so you can get back to playing normally.

If you're willing, it would be good if you would just report your experience in the comments on the mod's original download thread. Even though simler90 probably will not respond, other players will be helped anyway by seeing you mention your troubles---just like RoxEllen was able to find that clue for you by going through the comments. This way future players looking for clues will see that there's a pattern. Also, because the other person reporting the issue didn't go into detail about the mood problems, you can help even more by either linking to this thread in your comment there (which is perfectly OK!) or just describing your sims' mood issues again.

The problems you're having are not likely to be related to sim aspirations, like Knowledge or Romance, by the way. Those don't have a direct influence on mood at all. It's probably just a coincidence...although I definitely understand you wanting to keep looking for some pattern that will help make the mod work!

One more thing: good for you for working so hard, on your own and with us, to try and figure out your problem. We really appreciate your being willing to read and learn so much in your quest to solve it! Finally...I'm really glad to hear you are keeping a backup. Always smart.

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 10th Jul 2019 at 6:21 PM
Hi again Natboopsie!

I think I will playtest this more out of sheer curiosity but first I need to find a way to resume my poor work notebook from Win10 glitches of death from the last update!

I use another PC for gaming at home and I will probably open Sims2 again in a couple of days to try both your suggestion and RoxEllen's: playtest the mod without Inteen, and try with Inteen loaded first (I think I could cheat the load order with an additional dir for simler' mod and double zetas in the end)

And yes as soon as I can I will post in the main page of Simler's Memory Moood Mod because I think it could be useful to a lot of people and warn for possible glitches (I can't blame Simler to not troubleshoot, sometimes glitches can be hard to pinpoint, look at my download folder! )
Maybe a brief description of the problem and a link to this page.

Also I'm starting to like this treasure hunt, mainly because I'm willing to learn and I'm very curious about strange happenings like this one...

Thank you again both, I'm just so happy I don't have to reboot my hood from scratch! :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 12th Jul 2019 at 8:34 PM
Default Found solution!
Found the solution!!
Sorry for the double post!

Okay,
Today I'm back home and I was able to further test the issue I had.
I had, yes...because seems like I found the solution! =D

But first my attempts!

1# Playtest without Inteen.
Simler90's Memory mood mod does work in every way.
I had the luck in my session to had my teen sim loose her job and her mood dropped in the red but the bar was dynamic after this.

2# Playtest with Memory Mood mod version loading after Inteen (see image)
The conflict is gone (finally!!!)
And I can positively say that before it lagged my game session A LOT, now the animations look more smooth and I have a ton of high poly CC in that lot.

Final considerations
Now that I can see the true effects of the Memory version of the Mood mod by Simler I can say it's manageable even when the memories are a bit over the neutral going to bad, the mood remains a bit low in the green but now it's possible to direct the sim to skill or do other activities as sure as motives are at least a 50-60% good, you just need to keep a close eye on it until the sim reaches a good want or have a powerful good memory to up the score.

I have to say, now I'm very tempted to put all the mods I downloaded from Simler90 in the 'ZZSimler' folder just to prevent something like this ever happening again...
Still I have to thank again @RoxEllen1965 that really pinpointed the main problem and @natboopsie who helped and prompted me to playtest a bit more, you two have been truly a great help to a poor simmer like me! :lovestruc

And Load Order rules!!!
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#11 Old 15th Jul 2019 at 1:58 AM
Super happy for you, Ecca, that your persistence paid off so nicely! That's really great news.

A couple of last FYIs. First, although it often works well just to load all of a more recent modder's mods last in your load order, this doesn't always work. I would be especially careful of doing it wholesale with simler90's work, because he has been unusually willing to release mods without checking to see if anyone has done anything like them before---so it's possible you'd have a conflict with a more comprehensive/complete but older mod than simler90's...and you could lose the extra functionality in the older mod in that case by loading simler90's last.

Second, to go with your future troubleshooting (because we TS2ers play with so many mods, lol!)...I think it bears saying once more that it does happen sometimes that load order cannot solve a mod conflict. Usually the solution there is for one of the modders (typically the one who wrote the more recent mod) to release a new version that incorporates the wanted parts of both. So if that ever happens, it will be great if one or both of the original modders is available for you to make a new request of!

Happy playing.