Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jul 2019 at 5:23 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Help
I am most likely asking this in the wrong place, and for that I apologize. But I need help finding something. I am looking for a tutorial on how to make people into decor objects. I am working on a story and need extras for the back ground but everything I have found online just doesn't work for me and I would like to try to make my own, but can't find a tutorial for it anywhere. So if anyone knows of tutorial for Sims 2 that would work please let me know.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 8th Jul 2019 at 6:26 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 8th Jul 2019 at 6:38 PM.
I don't think I've seen any tutorials spesifically on this.

Things you need to know (that there are tutorials on how to do)
1a: How to extract meshes (GMDC and OBJ) and textures (as PNG) from ingame and/or CC - you need a clothing mesh, a face and a hair, the clothing/hair textures, skin textures, eyebrows, possibly makeup, and other things you may want to use for the sculpture.
1b: Possibly also how to extract faces, but it's easier to use the default faces for this unless you're making a spesific sim.
2: How to import these files into Milkshape
3: How to pose sims in Milkshape (they can be extracted as an OBJ while in the pose)
4: How to either remap an UV map OR add various subsets (recolorable or non-recolorable) to a mesh in SimPE (preferably both) - because there will be a lot of mesh parts and textures unless you do this
5: How to use a program like Photoshop/Gimp (for combining textures)
6: How to clone and make objects in SimPE (it's similar to how you'd make a 3t2/4t2 conversion).
7: How to recolor objects (if you want that)

Honestly, it is much easier to do what I do - make a family or two with sims you don't mind messing around with, and use these as extras in backgrounds. That way you can use them for a lot of purposes (you can teleport them into the lot and delete them when you're done), and change them up whenever you're tired of them. They look more alive, they're easy to pose and to change the appearance of (skin and eyes is hardest, but there are contacts for eyes and it is possible to change skins with SimPe), and they also don't clutter up your downloads. I usually give them at least 3-4 different hairstyles and clothes in CAS (everyday, formal, gym and out, sometimes the rest too) so they're not just one sim but up to 7-in-1. Townies also make good extras with a little makeover.

The only place I prefer using deco sims is for babies in a hospital setting (I do have some other deco sims I've downloaded, but they usually end up looking fake).