Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jul 2019 at 8:35 PM
Default Only change diaper with changing table if available
I find it annoying that sims change diapers autonomously without the changing table even if I have one, which means the toddler's hygiene only goes up 50 % instead of 100 % as with the changing table. Is there a mod that fixes this behavior?

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 29th Oct 2019 at 8:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
I find it annoying that sims change diapers autonomously without the changing table even if I have one, which means the toddler's hygiene only goes up 50 % instead of 100 % as with the changing table. Is there a mod that fixes this behavior?

The sims are using autonomously only base game changing table. The others if you have doesn't work. To make them use it let just baby holding sim put baby on floor.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Oct 2019 at 9:08 PM
Oh well I rarely use the base game table, not worth it...

Forum Resident
#4 Old 30th Oct 2019 at 1:58 PM
Sooo I looked at them in SimPE (by following iCad's tutorial here) but I can't see the basegame changing table being autonomous? Nor is the one from freetime. They both have Autonomy set to 0x00000032, but have no advertising set and therefore not actually being autonomous. The fix is simple (if I understood it correctly) by simply setting the advertising they should be made autonomous, but the problem is I don't know what to set the advertising to. If the basegame changing table was autonomous, I could just copy the numbers (I believe?) and edit the freetime one, but I can't do that since the basegame one doesn't have any advertising set either :-( or maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place, I'm no expert at this at all lol
Scholar
#5 Old 31st Oct 2019 at 10:42 AM
The fault is not in the test but the interaction, if a sim is performing the interaction autonomously it will look for a change table that is closest to the sim by GUID. That GUID is the basegame table, starting in Apartment Life change tables are given a category so we can search for the closest change table by category which will include any change table that's properly updated to AL.

The attached file also searches for the table that's closest to the baby not to the sim to make the choice and routing more sensible and disregards autonomy so sims will still try to use a change table when you direct them to change the nappy.

CJH_AutoChangeTable.zip (500 Bytes) Apartment Life or higher required
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Nov 2019 at 9:48 AM
How cool! Thank you! You're an awesome modder.