Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 8:08 AM
Default WCIF Abortion Want
I've been playing a very wants-based game as of late, and I've noticed a lot of babies. A. Lot. I have ACR and Inteen, and I was wondering if there was a mod that made sims roll wants to have an abortion or miscarriage, depending on various things (such as their relationship with the father, or their mood, for example.) Does such a thing exist, and where would I find it if it did?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~Theodore Geisel
"If what you are is just what you own, what have you become when they take from you almost everything?" ~Destroya, My Chemical Romance
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 8:29 AM
I've not seen anything like that.

This made me think I know they get the thought bubbles 'bout possibly bein preg or wantin to adopt, but do they ever get the thought bubbles to NOT have kids ... such as a (not sure what it's called.. but the red circle w/ the slash though it) over the pacifier...
Mad Poster
#3 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 10:10 AM
I've seen the "do not want' for an unwanted baby. In conversation, it's rare, but in the wants panel it can pop up from time to time. I've got a few pixels in TT who have that want and it's locked.

As for a want for an abortion, that does not exist, as such-but you can assume that the above-mentioned want is a clue. Of course ACR 2 does have the birth control option, along with the 'morning after pill' which is the same thing, or as close to it as the game gets.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Forum Resident
#4 Old 24th Jun 2019 at 3:26 AM
Quote:
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."

Based on your quote, i almost said what I feel... but then it dawned on me -- there's more to that quote."Those who mind dont matter. those who matter don't mind. Those who run the boards can still ban you for wrongthink."

-gE
>=)
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 24th Jun 2019 at 5:33 AM
There are miscarriage mods out there, Inteen I think? A lot of the times we have to use our imaginations and stretch the ideas off of their wants further than what was actually give to us for what they "want". I would suggest the Plan B with ACR or Miscarriage with Inteen and just keep their needs really low. And as far as them "wanting" to have one, play a few different scenario's out in your head. IE: A sim from a wealthy high socialite family would have more stigma on privately having an abortion to avoid a scandal. You could learn how to create a memory in SimPE to have a negative reaction of "Oh no what did I do?!" Or positive memory or whatever text you want to go with it, just some ideas.
Inventor
#6 Old 24th Jun 2019 at 8:57 AM
Depending on the sim, I've interpreted a fear of having a baby (or a lack of any baby wants) as the sim contemplating such options as the morning after pill, abortion, or giving up a child for adoption. I haven't yet seen a want of not having a baby but I haven't played as long as others. I don't recall off-hand if the Tattered Diary mod has abortion memories, though I believe it has miscarriage ones.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 24th Jun 2019 at 10:53 AM
Chris Hatch has a miscarriage mod, independent of Inteen. I don't know where to get that (being an 'adult' mod) but it does give a quality of randomness.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#8 Old 24th Jun 2019 at 1:18 PM
I'm pretty sure that Chris' hospital mod also allows you to go to hospital for an abortion in the first trimester.
Theorist
#9 Old 24th Jun 2019 at 1:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
Chris Hatch has a miscarriage mod, independent of Inteen. I don't know where to get that (being an 'adult' mod) but it does give a quality of randomness.

The mod can be found in this folder IMO: https://simfileshare.net/folder/22466/

Refer to the instructions.odt file to know which files to get.
Hope this help.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 8th Oct 2019 at 2:03 AM
A big issue with those for me is that they almost always leave negative memories, which goes against what I'd like for my neighborhood. I do like the tips to terminate the pregnancy if they have the fear of having a baby, and that's what I've been doing in my game since reading them. But I'd like my sims to retain a memory, and all the ways of going about it through miscarriage leave negative, 'accidental' ones.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~Theodore Geisel
"If what you are is just what you own, what have you become when they take from you almost everything?" ~Destroya, My Chemical Romance