Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jun 2019 at 6:06 PM Last edited by pentamerone : 20th Jun 2019 at 6:09 PM. Reason: Missing link

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Weird pregnancy/birth bug
Hi! I'm very sorry if someone was here before with this problem but, honestly, I've searched both in English and my first language to find resolution and the only links that guided me here (or anywhere) were about TS3 or TS4, so I'm feeling desperate for help.

The thing is that pregnancy in my Sims has completely bugged itself. I did re-installation and still was having it. Right now I'm not having any pregnant Sims in my town (another re-installation, playing only Veronaville for now) but my friend had exactly the same bug and I'm afraid the situation can also repeat for me. What happens is that pregnancy itself is pretty normal but when the time for giving birth is coming, there is no window asking for baby's name, you can't save the game (as if there's a fire or death), the mother still has her pregnancy body and even if kids can be seemed alongside other family members, there are often not even somewhere on the lot. I had it both in my own families and premade ones, so it's not about lot itself. I had it also both in Pleasntview and Veronaville. Moreover, last time I've done an experiment and played with Brokes to see if the game is still bugging - according to portrait ("Girl Broke" because I couldn't name her) Brandi gave birth to a girl which is highly impossible. I don't know what to do, I can't play only with adoptions. Also, I don't have InTeen and I didn't have it while playing second time so it's not InTeen's fault.

I'm adding my friend's screen with this bug. She had a baby on the floor but couldn't interact with it as it wasn't existing at all: https://i.imgur.com/8P3HgUl.png
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 20th Jun 2019 at 7:26 PM
The baby looks as if it's wearing clothing rather than just the standard Maxis diaper. If your baby has the same clothing, have you tried removing the clothing mod to see if that's the problem?
Mad Poster
#3 Old 20th Jun 2019 at 7:33 PM
Sounds like you've got some conflicting mods, something causing stuck pregnancies. You may want to try this program: http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=2063 or do a 50/50 search to see if you can find the problem file(s).

Baby clothing mods or default replacements shouldn't cause this issue.