Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jun 2019 at 6:27 PM Last edited by mobichiro : 13th Jun 2019 at 6:53 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Water turned black [SOLVED]
My water turned black..Anyone know why? I tried to repair the game through Origin but nothing seems working..

Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 13th Jun 2019 at 6:30 PM
Did this happen suddenly, or has it been like this for a while?
New computer or install?
Do you have any mods that affect water?
Have you done any changes to game settings, GraphicRules or similar recently?
Could be a graphic card driver problem, if your computer updates them automatically.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Jun 2019 at 6:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Did this happen suddenly, or has it been like this for a while?
New computer or install?
Do you have any mods that affect water?
Have you done any changes to game settings, GraphicRules or similar recently?

This happened suddenly,haven't had this issue before.
Not new computer,same.Game is installed since about 5 months.
I don't have mods that effects the water,only neighborhood buildings,backdrops etc.
I edited GraphicsRules for resolution settings but that was when I installed the game for the first time.
Inventor
#4 Old 13th Jun 2019 at 6:37 PM
do you have Voeille's water mod installed? I have this mod and you'll have to add a little pool square or two on a lot for the water to turn back blue.

EDIT: just read that you don't have water mods in place, so this stumps me. Have you tried removing your Downloads folder? Or remove your whole Sims 2 folder for the game to create a new one?

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Jun 2019 at 6:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Primavera
do you have Voeille's water mod installed? I have this mod and you'll have to add a little pool square or two on a lot for the water to turn back blue.

Thanks for reminding water mod again,I think I found the problem.Checked my mods folder and found a lighting mod that comes with multiple water mods.I forgot there was a water mod and didn't choose only one of them.So this confuses the game and turns the water black.Lol, sorry my bad...

Anyway thanks for the replies.This problem has been solved ✌️

Edit:In case anyone have the same problem,this was the mod I told about:
https://dreadpirate.tumblr.com/post...-last-i-finally
Inventor
#6 Old 13th Jun 2019 at 7:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mobichiro
Thanks for reminding water mod again,I think I found the problem.Checked my mods folder and found a lighting mod that comes with multiple water mods.I forgot there was a water mod and didn't choose only one of them.So this confuses the game and turns the water black.Lol, sorry my bad...

Anyway thanks for the replies.This problem has been solved ✌️

Edit:In case anyone have the same problem,this was the mod I told about:
https://dreadpirate.tumblr.com/post...-last-i-finally

Glad you got it fixed ! I had the same mod once before before switching and something similar happened to me as well so don't feel bad. Just make sure to have lighting.txts backed up whenever you switch out lighting mods so you won't encounter any glitches.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads