Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 8:14 PM
Default The Nicked and Dimed Challenge (Sims 4 Version)
This was a Sims 2 challenge and i wanted to make a Sims 4 version of the Nicked and Dimed Challenge.
Starting Conditions
You're a single parent with almost no assets and no marketable skills. You have been a homemaker and out of the job market for years, but now your partner is gone and you need to put food on the table somehow.
Create a family in CAS
- A mom (or dad - there's no real reason why your single parent can't be male; single dads are rarer than single moms, but there are nevertheless lots of them out there. Nevertheless, I will refer to the parent as "Mom" in these rules, since I can't be bothered to write "Mom or Dad" all the time) Can be any family aspiration you want, and have any character traits you want.
- A child : Any gender, any personality, anything you like
- A toddler : Again, you're completely free in your choices
For a realistic touch, give your sims outfits that could be worn-out hand-me-downs, and no jewelry, makeup, or glamourous haircuts. But if you can't stand looking at them that way, feel free to pretty them up a little
The Goal
Raising your kids successfully until they're old enough to take care of themselves. If you can get all children to adult age without anyone dying or being taken away by the social worker, you've made it.
Unskilled" Restrictions
We're simulating the life of an unskilled worker, so obviously, there are severe restrictions on skill building. (This is not to mean that real-life unskilled workers can't be creative or charismatic, but within the game, that would invariably lead to promotions, so it's banned.) These restrictions apply only to the mom, not the kids.
Cooking & Cleaning: Obviously, you will automatically build up some skills in those areas just by keeping house. But since the last thing Mom would want to do after a long day of working and household chores is sit down and read about cleaning, cleaning can only be learned "by doing," not from a book. Cooking can be learned "by doing" or from the TV (since many people enjoy cooking shows - BAM!) but not from studying a book.
No cheats (except move_objects to remove bugged items) - in particular no kaching, motherlode, maxmotives, or anything that aids survival. (If you want to use a hack to make the phone ring only five times instead of twenty, that's fine with me.) Custom content is okay if it's things like recolors or hairstyles. No special objects that will make your sims' life easier, like a bottomless fridge or items priced $0.
No quitting without saving after bad events.
Job Restrictions
You can have a career but it has to be one where you work at home like the city living careers or just make money with painting/gardening/writing
Teens can get a part time job to help make some money for the family