Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 5:42 PM
Default sims2 clean installer help
I need help with sims2 clean installer. how can i get my downloads from there to add to a scandisk? my desktop computer is giving me problems and my Clean Installer is on there but i need my downloads. thanks anyone that can give me step by step directions.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 6:21 PM Last edited by wert700 : 22nd Nov 2014 at 7:20 PM.
so if you're moving files, your downloads are in \Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\ not in your clean installer.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 9:27 PM
To save them simply open the path that wert mentions and copy and paste your Downloads folder to whatever it is you are saving it to. Never heard of a scandisk, but I am guessing it's some kind of jump drive. Nothing to do with clean installer; that helps you install your files to your Download folder and you can check files with it, but it doesn't have your files.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 10:21 PM
guess im confused. i just have my sims2 Clean Installer on my desktop and want to get my downloads from there to a scandisk. a scandisk saves anything. hope i am making sence thanks all.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 10:29 PM
Your downloads are not in Clean Installer, they are in your Download folder. Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads. Go to your Downloads folder, right click copy and then paste to your scandisk.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 12:38 AM
thanks
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 4:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
To save them simply open the path that wert mentions and copy and paste your Downloads folder to whatever it is you are saving it to. Never heard of a scandisk, but I am guessing it's some kind of jump drive. Nothing to do with clean installer; that helps you install your files to your Download folder and you can check files with it, but it doesn't have your files.

It is actually called SanDisk. It is either a flashdrive or SD card. I have used both with no problems.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 4:33 PM
thank u Rusty55