Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 4:10 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Child stuck with infant animations/interactions
I have an aging glitch I need help fixing. I turn into townies all my spare siblings. I also sometimes create families from my townies, then retownify them and the child age offspring if I don't want to play them as playables. This keeps my child townies fresh and I age out townies in a rotation manner, but keep some genetic lineage going. I primarily use the Sim Blender (SB) to accomplish what I need, and have never run into an issue before.

At Brandi Broke's house (most logical person to have known relationships to offspring) I teleported in Beau and Tosha Go. I used SB to move them in. I had them engage, marry, and get pregnant. Tosha had twins: Taryn and Brayden. I aged both babies to toddler with SB then I retownified Beau and Tosha. I had each toddler self age w/ SB to child. This occurred as expected with interactions and wants as they should be. Now all I had to do is use the magic coathook for new clothes and then retownify the kids.

They autonomously started playing cops and robbers. My game has lately started freezing one of the children once the cops and robbers animation gets to a certain point. Deleting them and teleporting them back in has always fixed it. So when Brayden froze while Taryn remained fine I wasn't worried. I sent her to change and townified her. I deleted the frozen child Brayden and then teleported him back in. Now he was laying on the ground doing infant animations and only had infant interactions available, but had a child body. I have tried all sorts of things to fix him:

1. Someone on the internet used Sim Modder with a similar toddler/infant glitch. Didn't help me even when making him selectable and self aging.
2. I tried the age sims cheat
3. Aging with SB leads to adults in the house attempting to "Age baby Brayden," but then throw errors about the animation. Cancel gets it stuck in a loop. Reset sends him back to the ground as an infant. Delete gets rid of the adult attempting.
4. I tried giving him up for adoption and then teleporting him in.
5. I tried a SHIFT option on the batbox about "fixing age body"

Nothing has helped me age him, and he is unable to make the transition with the animation not liking his child body. Right now I have him back in the adoption pool for now. Help?

PS: What are the chances that awful BBQ could help me out given that he has technically aged twice (toddler, then child)? Or do you think the animation would still be an issue? I'm not super attached to him living, as long as it won't corrupt stuff.
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 21st Aug 2013 at 6:25 PM
I don't suppose that you have a backup that was made before the problem occurred? That's often your best recourse for odd problems.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Aug 2013 at 4:07 AM
Thanks for the reply. I do have a backup made somewhat recently. I would lose 8-10 sim days total (2 days from either 4 or 5 of my families). Lots of play time with the pace I play at, but not catastrophic by any means.