Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jul 2013 at 7:04 AM Last edited by Sococo. : 24th Jul 2013 at 11:30 PM. Reason: mystery solved
Default [SOLVED]More Disappearing Acts - Retaining Walls In Game?
i first noticed this while in EIG but thought maybe it was just the game's idea of bare bones rendering and that i'd be fine in game. the retaining walls were gone in EIG but when i went back to CAW they were also gone lol. i feel like my file is corrupted or something actually which would REALLY blow.

i decided to take an earlier back up and do the walls again ratehr than redoing lots and waterfalls which are worse. so i had everything perfect and ready to go. still no retaining walls in game.

i deleted all cache, deleted/reinstalled. no dice. i deleted everything again including the sims3pack export, caches, and everything from launcher. made sure everything was present in CAW, exported again. no retaining walls in game. i thought maybe i needed to move in a household and be on the ground at their level or something (absurd i know but..). did that no dice. i even moved the retaining walls out a bit thinking they were too close to the land. after deleting caches, sims3packs, re-exporting, uninstalling/reinstalling like 5 times i've pretty much given up.
`
i seem to always have disappearing items problems with CAW and it's really shit. anyway here's my example pics has ANYONE seen this? i've searched google as i always do first but found nothing. SIGH.

thanks for listening to my ramble.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 22nd Jul 2013 at 9:33 PM
Are they from Riverview or another set that has to be installed for the pieces to appear?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Jul 2013 at 11:28 PM Last edited by Sococo. : 24th Jul 2013 at 11:34 PM. Reason: mystery solved
I'm using these custom made walls from simsimillian sorry if I spelled that wrong im on my phone! So there should be no need for a world to be installed there was no mention of it being necessary. Although there was someone with the same issue saying an update helped. I'm pretty sure I already downloaded the new version after 1.55. But I will try that anyway.

edit: ok so i feel a bit dumb. after reinstalling CAW and them still not working i decided to try actually installing them in my game mods folder as per the last poster on Simsimillian's thread. i seriously thought they just included with the world upon export. did not realize i had to have them installed separately in game mods. anyway case closed. just updating in case anyone else searches for this problem.