Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jul 2013 at 4:16 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Is this corruption? Gravestones appearing on vacation lots
I have something come up recently, and I did try to search it but I couldn't find anything.

I have NO idea if this is a sign of corruption in my hood (knock on wood), but I had my newlywed Sims go on a vacation at Three Lakes. I had them go to the Lumber Mill Range and the sidewalk on the lot was lined with gravestones. I hovered over them and it looks like most of them are for deceased premade Sims (Leon and Andrea Cleveland, Armand DeBateau's parents, and so on). They weren't there before because I took another couple to vacation there and I had no problems.

I haven't touched them yet because I don't wanna mess up my game anymore than I have to, but obviously they're not a good look and I'd like to get rid of them if I can (as in move them).

I recently installed notownieregen and antiredudancy if that helps at all. Thanks for the help!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 11th Jul 2013 at 4:25 AM
The graves weren't in someones inventory? I had a few graves show up and the ghosts came out and waved briefly as well when I sent a sim on holidays that had a few graves in his inventory.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Jul 2013 at 6:47 AM
Nope, they just came out of nowhere. I don't put gravestones in my Sims inventory.
Site Helper
#4 Old 11th Jul 2013 at 3:11 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 12th Jul 2013 at 5:55 PM. Reason: Clarification about default game behavior.
First, I do not believe that this is a sign of corruption. You still have the tombstones and they seem to be properly assigned, so I would say that no corruption has occurred.

The game contains logic which will send tombstones to the lowest numbered community lot, regardless of which subhood that lot is in. That logic may have caused your current predicament. Do you have any mods which affect where your tombstones will be sent?

I believe that you should backup your save game now, then see whether you can get the tombstones sent to another lot. If one of the following methods fails, restore from your backup and try another method.

Can you click on the tombstones and send them home or to another lot? If not, can you get the tombstones into your inventory and then drop them onto your cemetery lot? If neither of those work, you could try the batbox from MATY, which I believe has an option to spawn tombstones on a specific lot; you could try spawning the tombstones on a more appropriate lot. There's also an assignable tombstone available for download, which will allow you to place the tombstone on a residential lot and then assign the tombstone to one of your dead sims.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Jul 2013 at 1:13 AM
I can still interact with them normally. Thanks for the help! Glad to know I haven't borked the game just yet. I'll backup and see if I can send them to a cemetery. =] Thanks again!