Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Dec 2010 at 3:12 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default AGS fullgame.id missing error
I installed anygamestarter by Numenor. It installs fine, sets up fine, but whenever I attempt to run it I get this error message:
*** ERROR! ***
There is something wrong in your save-game folders: AnyGameStarter can't
find your "full" game folder. It should be located in:
C:\Users\JOHNA~1.KAN\DOCUME~1\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Double Deluxe
and it should contain, along with all your downloads and neighborhoods,
a small file named "FullGame.id"; but AnyGameStarter can't find this file.
The only solution is to run the AnyGame Setup again and reinstall this AnyGame.
For whatever problem, question or request, please
post at http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=250555
providing a zip containing your entire AppFiles folder, i.e.:
C:\Users\JOHNA~1.KAN\DOCUME~1\AnyGameStarter\AppFiles\AppFiles
I'm sorry for the problems, but remember that the AnyGameStarter is officially
a "beta" version tool, i.e. it's still in testing.

I have reinstalled 4 times and it still isn't working. Help?

in Soviet Russia, the sims mod YOU.
Oh, I went there.
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 14th Dec 2010 at 3:30 AM
Try creating a file named FullGame.id in your C:\Users\JOHNA~1.KAN\DOCUME~1\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Double Deluxe folder. Be sure that the extension is .id and not .id.txt or .id.jpg.

When you say that you've reinstalled 4 times, are you saying that you installed the AnyGameStarter 4 times, or that you installed a particular AnyGame 4 times?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Dec 2010 at 9:25 PM
Both. And I reinstalled the original software, too.

*edit* Strangely, after I try to run it the first time (i.e. before I posted), a fullgame.id file appeared. Even more strange, it has 0 bytes. I created a fullgame.id file with notepad, didn't work, same error.

Oh, I went there.
Site Helper
#4 Old 14th Dec 2010 at 11:24 PM
0 bytes is correct. The important thing is the existence of the file, not the size.

Have you posted the zip containing your entire AppFiles folder? If not, could you please provide it?

Do you have any of the later collection sets? My understanding is that the AnyGameStarter hasn't been updated for the collections.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Dec 2010 at 1:09 AM
No and No, but I am running Double Deluxe.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  AppFiles.rar (485.0 KB, 10 downloads) - View custom content
Description: self explanitory

Oh, I went there.
Site Helper
#6 Old 15th Dec 2010 at 2:51 AM Last edited by Mootilda : 15th Dec 2010 at 3:01 AM.
The first thing that I notice is that it may be having problems with the trademark symbol.

AGS is looking for:
C:\Users\JOHNA~1.KAN\DOCUME~1\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Double Deluxe\FullGame.id

It's finding:
C:\Users\JOHNA~1.KAN\DOCUME~1\EA Games\The SimsT 2 Double Deluxe\fullgame.id

Notice that the trademark symbol has been changed to a "T" on your hard drive. If you feel comfortable modifying .reg and .bat files using a standard text editor, you could try changing the ™ symbol to a "T". If you don't feel comfortable, I could make the change for you and upload it.

The only place that I can find the trademark symbol is in Start_AnyGame2.bat. There are several lines and they will all have to be changed. Be sure to backup your original files.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Dec 2010 at 8:23 PM
Is that a problem often associated with Vista?

Go ahead and edit them for me. Thanks for all the help, Mootilda. I also love your lotadjuster.

Oh, I went there.
Site Helper
#8 Old 15th Dec 2010 at 9:47 PM
I honestly don't know why it's occurring. I just looked over the error log and noticed that the paths that AGS found had the "T" instead of the trademark symbol. I don't know that this will help, but it seems like a possible solution.

Be sure to rename your old AppFiles folder, just in case this doesn't work. Also, please let me know whether this fix works. If so, I'll write up a proper bug report for Numenor.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  AppFiles.zip (505.4 KB, 12 downloads) - View custom content
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 15th Dec 2010 at 11:54 PM
It's fixed... sort of. I now get the error 'windows is search
ing gor 'hidicon.exe'. to search for the file yourself, click browse'. I know enough about computer to know that that's when a shortcut target has been changed or executable name changed.

Oh, I went there.
Site Helper
#10 Old 16th Dec 2010 at 12:30 AM
Can I see your newest error log? The AGS is probably in the wrong directory.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 16th Dec 2010 at 1:22 AM
Oops, I installed it in the wrong folder. Testing now...
Nope, same erroras the first one, about fullgame.id.

Oh, I went there.
Site Helper
#12 Old 16th Dec 2010 at 1:42 AM
Again, could I see the error log? It's the easiest way to tell what's happening.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 11:27 AM
I'm hesitant to bump such an old thread, but I have been having this problem and I finally figured out what was happening, and it's the only result on google for this error. I thought it might be helpful to have a solution on file.

The FullGame.id is created in your normal (ie, for me, up to Apartment Life) game folder. NOT the AnyGameStarter/EA Games/The Sims 2 folder, which is what I mistakenly thought when I read this. There's a file called AnyGame.id in the AnyGame Sims 2 folder. The AGS needs both in order to identify which is which.

What I do regularly (separate to this) is to rename my normal TS2 folder in order to load different hack configurations for different games, so when I swapped out this folder, suddenly the FullGame.id wasn't there. So if you use multiple TS2 folders in this way, be sure to copy and paste the FullGame.id file into each one of your "full" Sims 2 folders, so that the AGS can find it whichever game configuration you're running.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...