Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st May 2010 at 6:01 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2
Default Sims 2 Reinstall Issues
Okay, so I play on my laptop, but nowadays I don't play the Sims 2 that often. As such, I usually uninstall the game whenever I know I won't play it for awhile because of space issues.

However, today when trying to reinstall it I have had continuous issues: the game will prompt me to insert Disk 2 but never continue installation even after I hit OK, or other problems (the computer acting very slowly, freezing b/c of the game's loading, etc.).

I know it's not the disk drive, and I know it's not the disk (I have used multiple disks and the drive works for literally every other game including Sims 3).

I have tried deleting, uninstalling, and clearing all Sims 2 data left that I could find and nothing changes. I tried the "start>run>regedit," and I tried CCleaner although I don't know how to use CCleaner so I can't do anything with it. I have also tried manually installing the game.

I'm honestly at a loss on what is wrong or how to fix it. I think there's something I'm missing with the CCleaner or something, but I just can't figure it out (I've spent maybe seven hours on it today).

Can anybody please help me? I'm getting very frustrated with my lack of success and any help would be so much appreciated.
Advertisement
shiny!
retired moderator
#2 Old 31st May 2010 at 4:33 PM
Exactly how much space do you have left on the hard drive?

Have you tried installing the game on another computer to make sure it's not a problem with one of the discs?

http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Install