Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Oct 2004 at 4:25 PM
Default [moved] Anyone feeling like sharing your motels / churches etc? =)
Heylo!

I admit I don't feel like building motels and other community lots at the moment...
So where are those drive-in wedding motels? *g*
I was able to successfully pull off a wedding on a community lot, that was fun! Now all I lack is a really nice little motel or even a hotel with spa and all the other things you people can come up with now that we have the collections!

If I weren't so lazy right now I might try a nice motel with a little wedding chapel .......
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 22nd Oct 2004 at 4:40 PM
Problem with community lots is the relative uselessness of them versus the high needs cost. You go to a community lot, wreck your needs bars, then come back home at the exact same time you left...thusly screwing up your Sims whole circadian rhythm.

I make one small community lot with a small store building that just has everything needed in it so the trip there is quick and the Sim can get back home before losing a whole days needs and still having a whole day to deal with.
Retired Live Chat Moderator
#3 Old 22nd Oct 2004 at 5:02 PM
When they got married and you left the lot did the spouse go home okay then?

I haven't had any problems keeping sims in the green on community lots since getting hold of the collections.

Deedee
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Oct 2004 at 5:25 PM
Good question, I only tried this with a quick test family I made who were already living in the same household. I'll give it a try later and tell you if it works...!
Test Subject
#5 Old 22nd Oct 2004 at 5:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by unbroken
[...] I make one small community lot with a small store building that just has everything needed in it so the trip there is quick and the Sim can get back home before losing a whole days needs and still having a whole day to deal with.
I pretty much agreee. My only purpose for them so far has been buying clothes and public sex!

Are they good for anything else?
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 22nd Oct 2004 at 6:24 PM
;-) soon news
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Oct 2004 at 7:08 PM
Ah, but community lots can be fun now that you can make real spas, discos, motels, graveyards, ....
#8 Old 23rd Oct 2004 at 8:55 AM
Oiy this was a bit of a mess when I tried to get two sims from different households married on the community lot. It started out well enough... even the sales associates came out for the ceremony, hehe

But the bride won't leave the arch after the ceremony and he can't kiss her on glass clinks or get her to come out to cut the cake and her icon hasn't joined the family either.

So I get a cab for the family and they all GET IN AND LEAVE me there with this bride stuck in the arch LOL! This is when I notice I've lost ability to save/exit so I get out dirty and go back to the home lot and nothing took place (as expected)

Anyways that didn't go very well.

Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 23rd Oct 2004 at 2:35 PM
Ooops, lol ....

Ok ... I guess that means it only works if your Simmies live in the same house hold, but that one works fine =)
#10 Old 23rd Oct 2004 at 3:47 PM
S'ok I wasn't looking for it to work as much as to learn from it. Everything we mess with is a learning experience for the soon to be realized exciting future of mastery of sims2 code so we can have our way with it... do as we please... and resume our control freak lives in the world of our simmies *evil laugh*

Deedee
Test Subject
#11 Old 28th Oct 2004 at 8:16 PM
I have a community lot church I built- actually more of a cathedral. :-D I'll upload it to thesims2.com under Mikethealtarboy. If anyone more talented then I wants to landscape it, and flesh it out - (Parish hall for the post-wedding feast?), that'd be great. It's "Open source". :-D
I hope it's somewhat functional. I went perhaps a little to accuract in parts of it. It's primarily a french design, based on St. Etienne de Caen, but with a crypt based on Canterbury. I've never actually seen a french church though with a rood, but I gave it one anyway. Any architectural criticism is welcome! Once it's *done*, I'll upload it here.
Test Subject
#12 Old 28th Oct 2004 at 9:23 PM
I just put my mediaeval mainstreet up too. Same place. It also is only partially complete- I planned to at least put a second set of facades up behind the first, with alleys.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 30th Oct 2004 at 12:16 AM
Church (and more) released as promised ;-)
Any others requests are welcome
Locked thread | Locked by: ThreadMover Reason: Outdated / No Replies