Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 5:14 PM
Sims die in selfmade CAS Screen
Sims die in selfmade CAS Screen
Hi everyone!

I wasn't sure if this is the right place for this but I'll give it a try.

I started playing Sims just a while ago and found out that it is quite easy to make some custom CAS rooms.
So I made one of my own and it works fine except for just one thing: The Sim starts to be cold after a moment
and, in the worst case, they die in the CAS. Luckily it didn't happen to me until yet but I know this is possible.
The tutorial I used mentioned that this happened after the Seasons EP.

My question is: Is there any way to prevent that?

I know that I just need to cancel the first Sim, start a new one and it will be fine. But I am not really happy with that.
And I have several CAS Screens I got from MTS where this never happens. So what can I do to stop my Sims
from freezing in CAS? Would it solve the problem if I create the sceen in the Basegame or any other EP or AP
BEFORE Seasons? And if yes: Is there something like a "start any game" mod for Sims 2?

I would like to share some of my selfmade CAS Screens but I can't do that when they have this bug.

Does anyone know what I could do to fix this? If there is an older thread somewhere about the same thing
then please send a link to it. I tried to find one but had no luck.

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 11:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
You need to create the CAS in base game.

Well, okay. Is is sad that there is no other way. *sigh

Then I will look for a possibility to start the Basegame only for this.

Thank you very much, HugeLunatic!

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn