Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Dec 2006 at 11:02 AM
Default Problem with Homecrafter
Since installing Pets I cannot get Homecrafter to work. I finally got it to open but it will not export the cloned walls or floors, no working directory etc. I'm really desperate for a solution. HELP!
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 7th Dec 2006 at 11:06 AM
Someone with the same problem uninstalled and re-installed homecrafter and then everything worked again.Btw are you the McTrick from McTricks place? lol I 've been looking for a link to your site cause i loved one wall i got from you and i want more lol

If the site is not up is there somewhere you upload ? :-)

You will find my older and newest creations here
Part-time Hermit
#3 Old 7th Dec 2006 at 11:10 AM
You may find this topic helpful.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Dec 2006 at 11:14 AM
Thank you, I'll try the reinstall.

Corvidophile2: Yes I am that McTrick. My site is closed now. If there is a specific file you are interested in, I would be willing to email it to you.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 7th Dec 2006 at 11:29 AM
ALL lol Oh boy i dont have something specific in mind but i can say from just one fiel i got that your uploads were quality uploads.I'd love to be able to browse them somewhere. Maybe start uploading them here *hint*

Anyway ...keep my name please and if you ever get your stuff up anywhere please pm me so i can download in masses lol

As for homecrafter i meant re-download from EA and re-install, tell us if it worked!

You will find my older and newest creations here
Test Subject
#6 Old 27th Dec 2006 at 11:12 AM
Has anyone any more suggestions why Homecrafter may not work for me...
I have read all of the suggestions in this and the other thread and tried them all - but to no avail.
I have uninstalled and redownloaded 3 times. I cannot get the new version to install at all.
I have taken all of my custom content out of the the Game and placed it on another Drive except one file that will not delete - not sure why this is.
I have rebooted twice - I have deleted the group.cache.

Has anyone tried anything else that worked for them that I can also try.

I have been away from the Sims for awhile getting a PSP learning group underway, but I want to start creating for the sims again and I thought I'd start with walls and floors - I want to get back into creating objects again also. I will tackle those tutorials later. Simple things first.

I love creating, but I fear this may be the end of the line for me..
Any more suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sandy
Sim Junction
Test Subject
#7 Old 28th Dec 2006 at 3:12 AM
Maybe the problem is the one file that won't delete? I had same isues with home crafter, thougfht it was the pewts expension that caused it, but was very wrong and found it to be one of my downloaded files. Unfortunately for me this fact was discovered after uninstalling the games and reinstalling, including patches and expansions, uninstalig home crafter and reinstalling and then trying the downloads..