Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Apr 2005 at 4:19 AM
Default SimPE index/explanations?
I noticed that there are a lot of tutorials for SimPE, but what I'm looking for is something that just explains what all the forms and words mean. Like "FFFD" and "FFFE" and "operands" and stuff like that. The only thing I've ever had related to programming was a semester of C++ in high school (that was at least 2 years ago), but I pick up logic stuff quickly (I'm taking a math minor). I think if there was just something that explained each term, and each window, what they did, etc., it would help me learn. I'm a top-down processor, and learning by tutorial (without explanation for what the words and phrases mean) is learning a bunch of very separate details without a big picture to fit them into, which means I struggle. (In algebra and calculus I preferred the theoretical to the practical--give me an equation that I can understand over a real-life example any day!) I tried searching, but didn't see anything like this (I may not know what words to search with). If there is a thread that fits precisely what I'm asking, please point me to it and I'll gladly delete my request here.

I was picking up some things just from opening someone else's hack and looking at it--the True/False thing makes perfect sense to me, but what I need is a list of the functions and what they do, how they work, how to do it. Maybe that hasn't been created yet, if it's still in alpha stage? If so, I can see I'd be a bit premature in this question, lol. My goal is eventually to understand enough to tweak a hack to fit what I want. I.e. if percentages in something are different than I want, I'd be able to change it. It would be nice to understand enough to modify something for my own use if I would prefer it to be slightly different from the way it comes, and I think an explanation of some of the terms would be very helpful in that regard.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 24th Apr 2005 at 5:08 AM
I second this request.

A reference file for us normal people would be great.

Thanks in advance.
Test Subject
#3 Old 27th Apr 2005 at 6:56 PM
Doranwen,

I would like to 'third' that request. I'm just getting my feet wet with modding, and have only found a few non-technical pages that explain things.

Here are some links that might help you a little bit, though.

http://simtech.sourceforge.net/tech/ttab.html

http://www.modthesims2.com/wiki/PageIndex