Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 6:32 PM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 6th Aug 2009 at 4:22 PM.
Default Window/Door walls masks & Diagonal Linking
So I had to jump in on this as well, I chose to make a new window. I asked in the thread for the s3oc, but Inge sent me over here.

I am having trouble finding the wallmasks. The object works in game and places, is recolorable with the same number layers (?) as the original, but the wall cutout is still the same as the original. I have looked at all the dds files and none seem to be the wallmask, or at least what I think the wall mask should look like.

Also an issue, is the diagonal is not linked to the original. I am not sure where to find that information either.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 8:40 PM
Wallmasks don't come with S3OC yet. With some fellow FAs we found out how to add them manually. See the link for the instructions:

How to do windows with wallmasks

Also you don't need to care about the diagonal windows because they don't exist. This time diagonal stuff is much smarter done.

Minisite

TSR Workshop
A Custom Content Tool for The Sims 3
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#3 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 8:45 PM
Teko if you have any future information about how to find stuff cloner doesn't get yet, please let me know directly. It would be save a load of poeple having to do this task manually! Don't assume it's been left out because we didn't feel like adding it - it's almost certainly going to be because there was something we didn't know

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 8:49 PM
Thank you teko, just as soon as I get my game reinstalled I will give this a try. I do like not having to do diagonals, but I thought it necessary since S3OC was showing some.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#5 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 9:12 PM
Basically it turns out that unticking Default Textures Only will get you the wallmasks. Though we're going to see if we can get cloner to go for the masks explicitly.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 9:39 PM
Will do so, Inge. We've been looking for a solution without including all the other dds junk (if unticked Default Textures Only). Maybe it helps you to get the wallmasks automatically with the TGIBlocks we've located.

Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
I do like not having to do diagonals, but I thought it necessary since S3OC was showing some.

Ah yes that's true. It looks like those are different in width when placed diagonal.

Minisite

TSR Workshop
A Custom Content Tool for The Sims 3
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 10:00 PM
So I think the wallmasks start at 17, and go up. I pulled 17, 18, and 19 and they look correct for my 3-tile window. If teko used 17 & 18, it sounds logical that 17 would be single tile.

But regarding diagonals, the window I cloned reverts to the original when placed on a diagonal. Some windows don't have a diagonal in s3co so maybe it is window dependent.