Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 3:23 AM
Default Not putting rabbitholes on lots?
My Super CAW is giving me grief I've the habit of plopping down rabbitholes so I know how to place them out, then putting a lot around them, going into Edit in Game and moving the rabbithole a bit to attach it to the lot. I keep getting save errors right now though so that's not working and I'm losing patience with the save error.

Can I leave the rabbitholes as they are, without making a lot around them? Or can I just put a lot around them and skip the Edit in Game step and it'll export fine?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 4:00 AM
And I have to ask............ why are you not just doing lots and putting the RH on them, which is what is usually done? Instead of putting the cart before the horse.....?
dodgy builder
#3 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 11:46 AM
This is very instructive. Is this what people do when EIG keeps crashing?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 10:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
And I have to ask............ why are you not just doing lots and putting the RH on them, which is what is usually done? Instead of putting the cart before the horse.....?

Like I said, it's for visualization's sake. If I plop down the Bistro I want or school, then I can see how I want my town better. Also saves me from digging for it in the community tab and forgetting which rabbithole it is that I want EP/store wise
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 11:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
This is very instructive. Is this what people do when EIG keeps crashing?

Dunno, I don't know if it'll work or not. I assume it may, since when EIG would work for me the "place rabbitholes, build lot around them, then wiggle it on the lot in EIG" would attach said rabbithole to lot. So when I export the world, it should still be on the lot and then I can wiggle it. Dunno. No one seems to know the answer. So I'll wing it.
dodgy builder
#6 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 10:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SeemGeem
Dunno, I don't know if it'll work or not. I assume it may, since when EIG would work for me the "place rabbitholes, build lot around them, then wiggle it on the lot in EIG" would attach said rabbithole to lot. So when I export the world, it should still be on the lot and then I can wiggle it. Dunno. No one seems to know the answer. So I'll wing it.

If I do something original, and the game keeps crashing, I usually take it as a sign
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 1:45 PM
If I do something original, and the game keeps crashing, I usually take it as a sign

Like I said in my original post, it worked for me before. And it's working now again. I found out what was making it crash and now I can put the cart before the horse perfectly like I'd been doing
dodgy builder
#8 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 1:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SeemGeem
Like I said in my original post, it worked for me before. And it's working now again. I found out what was making it crash and now I can put the cart before the horse perfectly like I'd been doing

In that case, I would like to know what solved the issue and was it at all relevant?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 2:35 PM
In that case, I would like to know what solved the issue and was it at all relevant?

I wrote down an error line, found the numbers in CAW and deleted said lot since it was just a park. Started EIG again, wrote down another error line but it was a building so I went in and deleted all of the items so it was just floors and walls. Then I realized I had used CC on those lots!!! I NEVER put cc or store items that aren't CAW compatible in until after export because they do this sometimes! Even have a sticky note to not do that So now I've removed the cc and store content so I won't ever do that again. Smooth sailing from then on!
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 9:36 PM
I've place lots over trees and plants but never a RH. It's quite difficult to remove said objects once in game.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 12:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KatyFernlily
I've place lots over trees and plants but never a RH. It's quite difficult to remove said objects once in game.

Remove? I'm a teensy bit confused, you can't remove the rabbithole after it's been placed and lotted? I've been able to delete and replace with a different rabbithole before.

There is no fair here.