Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Apr 2013 at 8:32 PM
Default World won't save after tweaks
This is the greatest CAW forum. I've learned everything I know about creating my own world- some valuable information, tips and help - just by reading. However, I did not find my problem so far. I bet the answer is in deed here - I've just not found it yet.

I like editing premade worlds (for my own playing pleasure of course) tweaking it here and there. I don't like meteor and willow the wisp spawners so I find them in the layers wherever they exist and delete them. But in this particular world that I'm working on - when I delete these items and try to save, the world fails to save and I get a list of about 6 or 7 errors. When this happens I can no longer open the world file in CAW ever again. The backup world file seems to be "corrupt" as well. I have to start all over with a fresh Test world file and import and all that from scratch. Over time I have downloaded several premade worlds trying to find just the right one - tweaked it and successfully exported it so I've run into just about every problem and error there is and managed to fix it. I want to conquer this one too. Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 12th Apr 2013 at 10:19 PM
Lets see, I'll throw out a few things I might try.

• Do a "save as" instead of a save.

• Clean the global layer first, then do your deletions.

• Go into EIG first, then editing

• Do your editing, then go into EIG

• Have some one else try and see if they get the same results

I'm running out of thoughts now. I'll try the last one , just pm me a link to to the original world download.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Apr 2013 at 11:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by auntielynds
Lets see, I'll throw out a few things I might try.

• Do a "save as" instead of a save.

• Clean the global layer first, then do your deletions.

• Go into EIG first, then editing

• Do your editing, then go into EIG

• Have some one else try and see if they get the same results

I'm running out of thoughts now. I'll try the last one , just pm me a link to to the original world download.

Thank you Auntie!! I knew either you or Simsample would help.
I was thinking there may be some bad lots so I deleted a few empty lots and attempted to "save as" at this posting. The world has been "saving" for nearly an hour now. I don't think i'ts going to.....lol....

I read the tutorial on cleaning the global layer but I was going to do that when I was done tweaking just before I export ......I'll rethink that.

But next - I'm going into EIG and edit. The word file size is 113,513 kb (!!) So I'm going in to try to reduce it. I didn't know it was that big. It really doesn't appear that big. Must be the trees.....Idk.....I'll be back.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Apr 2013 at 5:00 PM
Well "saving as" worked in CAW. I also went to EIG and bulldozed 3 lots and then saved. That initial save took well over an hour for me but saves after that took only about 10 minutes - bulldozing a few lots at a time. I'm moving along vey nicely now with the file size whittled down to 64k (almost all lots gone). Thanks again for your help.