Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#26 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 12:26 PM
I've read through this and I'd have to agree with Misty, I've built most of my world in edit in game and have only had issues when there's a corrupt lot or some issue with the roads. Lots can get corrupt when you do terrain work around them or there's a slight overlap with the road. I kept all my store stuff in and I haven't had a lot of problems with it, sometimes when you click on something in buy mode it does nothing but restarting the edit in game fixes that. It takes about ten minutes or so to load a healthy world, I just make my coffee while I wait or have my shower, lol.

I have one area that had a problem, despite it being a flat piece of land I just couldn't place a lot there, everytime I tried to do anything with that bit of the world it crashed when going into edit in game. I gave up on the lot placing and just landscaped it and it went fine ever since. The only reason I mention this is that I have noticed that some areas are best left alone for some reason.

If you work in layers, I open a new layer each day and make it active, or at least every couple of days, I just name them with the date. When I have issues loading I just see what's in the last layer that could be causing it. Beware that this doesn't help with terrain issues as they seem to go on to the global layer. There have been several times when I just deleted the last layer and started again. Layers are a must when building a world. A good test for the road and lots thing is, when you get an issue, go into CAW and move all the latest lots on the last layer a square back from the road, if it then works you know it's the placement that's the problem.
Advertisement
Theorist
#27 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 9:53 PM
Quote:
I have one area that had a problem, despite it being a flat piece of land I just couldn't place a lot there, everytime I tried to do anything with that bit of the world it crashed when going into edit in game. I gave up on the lot placing and just landscaped it and it went fine ever since. The only reason I mention this is that I have noticed that some areas are best left alone for some reason.

Just as I started reading your post, Fluttereyes, I realized I had forgotten to mention this bit yesterday. You aren't the only person who has had a lot that would completely stop EIG from loading so I started paying attention to what was going on with people reporting this kind of thing. After a few weeks of observational type research I'm pretty sure I know why it's happening, and would love for someone to test it to see if that's the case (one day I'll be to a point where I can try it but today isn't that day). I noticed a lot of weirdnesses in my own worlds when trying to place things that overlap the borders of bounding boxes. I noticed that often where water crosses a bounding box, the tears in the water texture will be worse than normal. I also saw screenshots where people had HUGE tears (as in halfway into their sea) in the surface of their ocean water. I started putting two and two together. One of the people with a huge ocean tear got to looking at the bounding boxes and sure enough, there was a lot placed, split between two boxes. As soon as that lot was deleted, the huge tear in their ocean disappeared. They were able to keep their basic concept there by reworking that section of the map so that the lot could be placed wholly in one bounding box.

So, add double-checking lot locations within bounding boxes to that list. In order to see the bounding boxes, just go to View, and Bounding Box view is the first option. Naturally things like rivers and roads are going to have to cross borders, but definitely avoid placing lots that cross the box lines.
Scholar
#28 Old 9th Mar 2010 at 10:07 AM
Misty, good call, I'm going to check that and see if it's why that lot wouldn't place there. I tried for over a month from time to time trying to place it. It was on top of a hill so I just kept trying to make sure it was totally flat and other such nonsense but never did get it placed. Good call on that and I'll let you know if it is in the middle of bounding boxes, this point would be good for future world builders to know.

EDIT* Just checked and the bounding boxes are nowhere near where I wanted that lot. I should have known that as there's a house right across the road from where I was putting that one. I completely gave up on it, I tried too many times, I just did something else with the area.
Theorist
#29 Old 9th Mar 2010 at 6:21 PM
That's a bummer, Fluttereyes! It stinks that in some cases there is just no rhyme or reason to what's going on in C-A-W. I'm sure it knows what it's doing, but it would sure be nice if it would let us in on some of its little secrets.

Here's another thought. Could there be something buried under the ground there? I haven't heard of something buried under a lot causing EIG not to load, but I did run into one person having some severe lag issues and the culprit turned out to be a plant completely hidden in the ground under a lot. I know, major pain in the rear to check something like that.
Scholar
#30 Old 10th Mar 2010 at 1:18 PM
Misty, nah there's nothing that should stop me putting a lot there. It's a hill like I said and I thought of maybe a tree or sonmething but I flattened it and nothing. Built it back up and it wouldn't take a lot. It was just an extra fishing spot I was going to have, I just put it somewhere else. What I did do with that spot was flatten beneath the level where it was going to be and buld a fishing sopt without a lot, haven't tested it yet but I assume the sims will still be able to fish, it just won't show up in map view as a fishing spot. Obviously couldn't do it on the higher level without the lot. I moved past it after that and left it, never did work out why it wouldn't work. It's one of the first things I tried to do when I started building the world, so I've been trying from time to time over almost three months. Grrr!
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 17th Mar 2010 at 8:04 PM
i also have something really strange...
CAW crashes on my vista when i try to save with more then 1 world layer, is there any fix for this?

The Only Way To Make A Computer Go Faster Is To Throw It Out A Window
Field Researcher
#32 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 6:11 PM
Create-A-World issue
I've just started using CAW and it will load up just fine, but when I go to "Edit in Game" I get a pop up error stating that my sims3 can't be initialized with error code (0x024e24f).

I read what I could find on similar subjects, fixed what I could and still not getting anywhere I thought of trying the pre-sampled worlds that came with CAW and I still received the same problem.

I would appreciate any advice and troubleshooting. Don't be afraid to "dumb it up" I won't be offended.

Thanks in Advance

deblake60
Field Researcher
#33 Old 1st May 2012 at 2:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by deblake60
I've just started using CAW and it will load up just fine, but when I go to "Edit in Game" I get a pop up error stating that my sims3 can't be initialized with error code (0x024e24f).

I read what I could find on similar subjects, fixed what I could and still not getting anywhere I thought of trying the pre-sampled worlds that came with CAW and I still received the same problem.

I would appreciate any advice and troubleshooting. Don't be afraid to "dumb it up" I won't be offended.

Thanks in Advance

deblake60

After a few days I got it to work on my 9 year old son's PC, which is half the speed of mine, a fraction of the storage and 1/3 less RAM. He's running XP 32-bit, where as I am running Win7 64-bit?

It's something others may want to try. I admit it's a pain to back and forth between PCs, but I am happy yo say I finished the BETA of my first world. . . just trying to figure out how to upload it??
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#34 Old 2nd May 2012 at 5:42 PM
Deblake, try the suggestions in this thread:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=441595
That may help you to fix your error. Often EIG problems are caused by unpatched EPs.

For uploading, are you trying to upload here or somewhere else?
Page 2 of 2