Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jan 2019 at 1:54 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage
Default Missing neighbor for data access
I have an Error that I can not seem to fix and that only happens with two Sims, one of which is dead now. I get two variations on this error: one is Missing neighbor for data access involving the wants controller and the sim affected has blank wants and the wants system no longer works. The other error is Missing neighbor for data access involving Monique's Child_Support_Controller, I am including it as I pretty sure that the two errors are related.

Can someone look at the attached log files and give me some idea as to what is going on and if there is a fix?
Attached files:
File Type: zip  ObjectError_N002_t1905348.txt.zip (26.7 KB, 13 downloads) - View custom content
Description: This is error log for the one with the Wants Controller
File Type: zip  ObjectError_N002_t522123.txt.zip (17.4 KB, 7 downloads) - View custom content
Description: This is the error log for the one with the Child Support Controller

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 19th Jan 2019 at 11:21 PM
Those are not related at all, I'm not sure what would lead you to think that. For the first one, I would guess you have some hack that changes wants or want trees, and it is sending garbage to the check trees. For the second one, which version of Monique's mod do you have? There is one by Monique here, and an updated/fixed one by Ancient Highway.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Jan 2019 at 2:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Those are not related at all, I'm not sure what would lead you to think that. For the first one, I would guess you have some hack that changes wants or want trees, and it is sending garbage to the check trees. For the second one, which version of Monique's mod do you have? There is one by Monique here, and an updated/fixed one by Ancient Highway.

OK well that is helpful, I thought that they might be related since I get the same error in words. As to Monique's Mod, I use the one that is on MTS. I am thinking that the Ancient Highway fixed one might require either FT or AL and if it does I can't use that.

I am still wondering why I only get these particular errors on only one or two Sims. I have a lot of playable Sims and I use every Aspiration except Pleasure and all of the other sims wants work fine.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Mad Poster
#4 Old 20th Jan 2019 at 3:29 AM
"Missing neighbor for data access" just means that the game expected a certain variable to be a neighbor ID, and for whatever reason it was not.

I guess it's possible that only a particular sim would send garbage to check trees, although I don't know what would cause that in the first place.

For the child support one, it looks like a pregnant sim's pregnancy token has a corrupted father ID.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Jan 2019 at 11:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
"Missing neighbor for data access" just means that the game expected a certain variable to be a neighbor ID, and for whatever reason it was not.

I guess it's possible that only a particular sim would send garbage to check trees, although I don't know what would cause that in the first place.

For the child support one, it looks like a pregnant sim's pregnancy token has a corrupted father ID.

I was thinking that the corrupted father ID belonged to the Sim that sends garbage to the check trees, because I had him get a Sim pregnant before he died. The Pregnant Sim had her baby and everything seemed fine with her and the baby and the family tree though.

Thanks this helps me in understanding the problem. I guess that there is not a way for me to fix the Sims, but I sort of expected that.