Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 4:59 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default How to move files to another Drive and still be able to play like normal
So I am seriously running out of storage on my C drive and my computer has 1 terabyte on my D drive, I have attempted many times to move the game to D drive without any success (not just talking about the sims 3 I'm talking about my electronic arts, EA Games, and SimCity folder) now having said that I was told to uninstall the games and then reinstall them but this time choose to install manually and select install to D: dive which I did and the GameData files are the only files that wound up on D: drive while the Electronic Arts, EA Games, and SimCity folders remained on C: drive. I've tried everything from clearing my C: drive of all my pictures, videos, downloads etc but there still isn't any room and now my game is lagging up a storm because of this please help me and please be sure to explain it in a way headasses can understand because I am a major headass

I should also note that when I tried moving the files manually to D: drive I would get a message saying the files could not be located when I tried opening the game launcher so Is there a way I can make the game launcher desktop icon recognize that the files are on D: drive because when I look at properties of the launcher it seems to be attached to the GameData files that are located on D: drive which is how the game runs normally I guess but there isn't anything in properties showing a link to the actual Electronic Arts folder which leaves me to wonder how the launcher directs the game to correspond to the Electronic Arts folder and if it does correspond with the electronic arts folder is there actually a way I can make is recognize it is no longer on C: drive
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#3 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 6:11 AM
The user game folder/files should be in Documents. Whether Documents itself is on C or D is something that can be controlled by Windows, not the game installers. If your C drive is that tight on space, sounds like the entire user Documents library should be redirected.

https://www.dummies.com/computers/o...s-in-windows-10
(Sorry for the "Dummies" link, but they provide some pretty good illustrations. The procedure for Win 7 and 8.1 should be very similar.)

Edit: Bah, got ninja'd. But yes, symbolic links are another way to proceed if wanted.