Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Nov 2011 at 7:28 PM
Default How can I remake a sims 2 pattern useable for sims 3?
I am in love with one specific wood floor from sims 2.
Have'nt seen anything even close to it and it's actually a conversion from sims 1. I know it does'nt look like much, but it was really beautiful in game and my all-time favorite.
Can take a look at it here if you want.

Stained Oak Parquet

I am familiar with editing sims 3 patterns but know nothing about (or remember) anything about sims 2 editing. I figure I would probably have to do alot of work to make it look similar since sims 3 patterns are totally different and am prepared to go that far to re-create it. However I am stuck on how to extract the contents of the .sims2pack file to even take a look at the files.

Just an uneducated guess, I am assuming I would have to convert the .sims2pack file into a .package file first (since SimPE would not open the .sims2pack directly) and then proceed from there. If that's right, what program would I use to convert a .sims2pack into a .package? Am I going about this in the right way? Any info would be mega appreciated.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 27th Nov 2011 at 7:54 PM
Do you still have Sims 2 installed? If you do, install the .sims2pack, load your game and in your downloads folder the floor will show up as a .package file. If you don't have Sims 2 anymore and no one else comes along with another way to extract the file let me know and I'll be happy to do it for you tonight.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Nov 2011 at 9:15 PM
That would be super great if you could, as I no longer have Sims 2 installed. (or would ever go back) I sent you a PM, and thanks again! :lovestruc
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#4 Old 28th Nov 2011 at 9:19 PM
You don't need to have Sims 2 installed to get it out of there. If you look under Mootilda's profile here at MTS, you can get the Clean Installer, which doesn't need TS2 installed to work - that will extract a .package from the .sims2pack. Then you can open up the .package in SimPE (which again, doesn't need TS2 installed to work).

And yeah, it's gonna take some -big- edits to that to make it work right in TS3, but if you've already done TS3 patterns, then you'll be familiar with a lot of that stuff.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Nov 2011 at 9:29 PM
Wow even better, I sincerely appreciate the info. Yeah, I was'nt even exactly sure I could pull this off but it's worth a shot. Again, thank you two. Oh and since I'm here, thanks for all the great tools here at MTS, I could'nt live without this website.