Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Site Helper
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Sep 2011 at 5:01 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 9th Oct 2012 at 7:17 PM. Reason: Note about Lot Unsticker.
Default How to Fix a Sim Stuck on a Business or Vacation Lot
Here is a simple solution to the problem that so many people have reported: that their sim is stuck on a business or vacation lot and so they can no longer play the family.

First, try the magic wand: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/f...s/magicwand.zip. It comes with its own collection file. Take the box from the collection and place it anywhere on your lot. Then delete the box and save the lot.

Another possible solution is to use Cyjon's Lot Unsticker:
http://drupal.cyjon.net/node/448

If that doesn't work, then this solution should work for any sim stuck on any non-home lot:

1) backup your save game now, just in case this doesn't work.

2) Run SimPE and open your neighborhood. Be patient; it may take a while.

3) Select Family Information (FAMI) in the left pane. Again, please be patient while it fills the right pane.

4) In the right pane, select a family which lives in the same neighborhood as the family that you are trying to retrieve.

5) Look at the Plugin View in the bottom pane

6) Write down the Subhood number in the Plugin View.

7) Select your family in the right pane

8) Look at the Plugin View in the bottom pane

9) If the "Now on Lot" field is not equal to the "Lot Instance" field, then copy the "Lot Instance" and paste it into "Now on Lot" (see notes below).

10) If the Subhood number is not the number that you wrote down in step 6, change it.

11) Commit, save and exit SimPE.

12) Run the game and see whether the family is available. If not, restore from your backup.

Notes:

A) To copy a field, select the entire value, then hold the <CTRL> key down and type C. This will copy the value to the clipboard.

B) To paste a field, select the entire value, then hold the <CTRL> key down and type V. This will paste the value from the clipboard, overwriting the existing value.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 11:55 PM
I really appreciate this. My Sim had somehow gotten stuck on her business lot with no way to get home. After hours of googling I came across your helpful post. I am not a SimPE user, but thanks to TazzMann's SimPE Guide for the Technically Challenged I was able to open my neighborhood and your follow your well laid out instructions. I am pleased to say that it worked for me. My sim is now home with her family and I can play them as normal.

Only problem is... she can no longer go to her business. I get an error that a saved game is in progress there. Do you think there is a way to fix this?
Site Helper
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 1:42 AM
That's a new one. I've never seen that error message before. Do you still have your backup? If so, then be sure to keep it until you've managed to solve the problem. If not, make another backup now.

The first thing that I would try is to download and install the batbox from MATY:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...topic,72.0.html

Now, type in the loadLot cheat in the neighborhood view. Be sure to type the quotes, with the name of the business lot between the quotes.
loadLot "<name of business lot goes here>"

If you can load the lot, then place a batbox on your lot and see whether you can "Clear Offworld Loiterers", then save the lot.
Test Subject
#4 Old 8th Jan 2012 at 3:09 AM
I've had the same problem, except with one of my vacation lots. The double palm resort in twikki island. I can go into the hotel and it no longer had the floating green bed above it but when other sims try to book a vacation that lot is grayed out and inaccessible...