Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#151 Old 18th Jul 2007 at 10:14 PM
Hi... This is My post time first. I' come from Thailand. I can speak English little But I love your Web site ^o^ eiei
Advertisement
Test Subject
#152 Old 15th Sep 2007 at 3:06 AM
Default Just wondering about new uploaders...
Hello! I don't mean to bother anyone with mundane questions, but having never thought of uploading anything until Bon Voyage came out, I have to ask. I had contemplated uploading a vacation house that contains an array of custom content and Maxis provided content. Seeing the advanced level of creators out there, and in light of this new quality expectation, should I even bother sharing my creation at all? I am in no way at the level of the likes of Numenor or other wizards of the Sim2 creation world, but in my own little way, the creations I make are cool and unique to me, and feel that they warrant at least a glance of consideration from the rest of the community. When I started to see how much literature it took to read through to even begin the upload process, I realized that it would be in my best interest to see if a newbie uploader like myself, with little technically astounding contributions, is still welcome to try their hand at uploading. Thank you for any response and a big thank you to all you greats out there that have inspired me to even think of creating at all...Your time is truly appreciated.

With Warm Regards,
camprack
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#153 Old 15th Sep 2007 at 9:16 AM
Of course - if new creators weren't allowed to upload, then we wouldn't have any old creators
Go for it, is my advice; make sure you've read through the guidelines first - and yes, it is a lot of reading, but it's worth it and will save you many rejects - upload and see what happens. If your upload isn't accepted and put on the site, then you'll get a PM listing the reasons for that. If that happens, look through the reasons, fix them, and try again.

Even creators whose first uploads were rejected with the word "horrendous" going through the mod's mind, have improved and become excellent creators; and the staff are always happy to help people improve.
Also, try posting pictures of your creation in Creator Feedback before uploading, there are many experienced/featured/just plain wonderful creators in there who'll help you get things just right.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
#154 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 3:56 AM
Default Thank you Whiterider....
Thank you so much Whiterider! It's great to know that I have a chance like anyone else, I very much appreciate you taking the time to respond! Look for my vacation homes then, uploading, here I come! Thanks again!
Test Subject
#155 Old 5th Nov 2007 at 4:19 PM
Hello!

I'm new to this whole up-loading thing, and I have a few question, if I'm allowed to do so:

1. I'm having trouble oading up pics of my up-load. I've made the pics smaller, changed the format to the one's that are allowed on the site, and renameing them, and I still can't get them attached. I keep getting the error message of, "Copy to file system directory failed". And no matter how many times I try to attach it, it still won't attach.

2. It's had been awhile since I've been on this site, and now that I'm back on here, I've notice that the site has changed somewhat. And I can't figure out how to post. Like if I have a question about something, and I can't find it on the site, and I would like the question to be answered, I don't know how to go about posting. Please help.

I'm sorry if I'm going about this the wronge way, by asking it on this thread, but I can't figure it out anyother way. Thanks for your help and understanding with my silly little issues.

~Enjo
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#156 Old 6th Nov 2007 at 1:25 AM
Enjoem - follow up with this on the top of the page under NEWS - 'Site Issues'. The upload server got some changes and I think we're still ironing out the issues.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Test Subject
#157 Old 6th Nov 2007 at 3:25 PM
Thank you Tiggerpum!

~Enjo
Field Researcher
#158 Old 5th Dec 2007 at 1:43 AM
I have a question,

If a moderator is just being "nice" and allows "crappy" work to be uploaded can someone report the post or something like that? I was just wondering because I've seen some celebrity downloads that should not have been accepted according to the guidelines and I was just wondering if all the mods know about the decisions or is it up to one particular moderator?
Lab Assistant
#159 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 8:02 PM
Default Question
i have a question, i received the "tagged threads" pm and it stated to go to your profile (the pm provides a link) and check for the threads with the yellow triangle exclamation marks. I went to my profile and am not able to find these marks. I have checked each individual download as well as the scorecard and still no yellow triangle marks. I did take a look at the screenshots of said marks but still can't locate them. I did delete one of my lots that I figured was the tagged thread, this thread had no yellow triangle marks anywhere, but I would still like to be sure that it is not one of the others. thanks.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#160 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 8:51 PM
macm9, check in Creator Issues.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Lab Assistant
#161 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 9:37 PM Last edited by macm09 : 9th Jan 2008 at 9:51 PM.
i checked in creator issues via the link in the tagged threads pm, and didn't really find the answer to my question. all that was there were the rules for the forum. do i need to post my question there or is my question not making sense? trouble is i can not identify which thread is the tagged thread to even begin to try and fix anything.
Lab Assistant
#162 Old 1st Apr 2008 at 11:42 AM
I feel guilty all of the sudden I can't believe my upload had been tagged!(this is not taken as an insult ok?) it was my very first upload now .but maybe if I make jeans like a new mesh. . . I can have a chance! what do you guys think? (including Delphy)
Forum Resident
#163 Old 3rd Nov 2008 at 1:35 AM
I got an message saying i had tagged item, but i cant find it anywhere in my downloads list? Any help here?

Onyx Sims is now open!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#164 Old 3rd Nov 2008 at 8:11 AM
The PM you get should tell you which item it is - it'll appear on your profile page with an exclamation mark.

Forum Resident
#165 Old 3rd Nov 2008 at 6:06 PM
But it didn't i searched all my downloads too.

Onyx Sims is now open!
The ModFather
retired moderator
#166 Old 3rd Nov 2008 at 9:53 PM
I see you have one tagged download: it's the Eyeshadow in lots of colors by Kiara, uploaded on Jan 7h, 2006.

Don't ask why it has been tagged, I really don't know. Maybe it's because the last comment wast posted there exactly 1 year ago? Or maybe because the "lot of colours" are nowhere to be seen in the screenshots.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Forum Resident
#167 Old 25th Dec 2008 at 7:51 PM
i got an PM, that one of my downloads is tagged. it´s a hair recolour from a mesh of helgasims, and the site is gone. it wouldn´t be that bad for me, if it would be deleted, but i think it´s a bit ... don´t know, but it´s not the fault of any creator... and when this special site is gone, why isn´t every recolour of helga meshes tagged?? i have some other recolours which are not tagged. not that i want them to be tagged, but this looks a bit like nonsense to me...?? i am only confused
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#168 Old 25th Dec 2008 at 8:48 PM
Suprisingly, this thread is for reactions to the new upload guidelines. I would suggest posting your question in the Creator Issues forum. You will have a private thread in which to banter/talk with moderators.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Test Subject
#169 Old 15th Apr 2009 at 9:55 PM
I realise that this is for quality and absolute satisfaction and high standard etc. etc, but i do think it really restricts who can upload items- unless you are quite serious about it, you may not have all the right programs to recolour things or change meshes, and even if you do, you may find it tricky to get items accepted. Ok, i'm getting a little lost in my own words now, but i, for one, have a lot of experimenting and practise to do. byee!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#170 Old 15th Apr 2009 at 11:02 PM
Well, yes, it does restrict people - but it only restricts those that are not willing to learn more or who do not want to put the effort into wanting to learn more. There are plenty of tutorials here on many different aspects of modding that it's really not that hard - with the time and motivation - to make something good.

And lets not forget the Creator Feedback Forum *and* the Creator Guidelines, which contains screenshots of the right and wrong ways to do things.

So, yes, it restricts those who spend 5 mins in Paint or whatever and churn out stuff that pretty much anybody could do. BUt there are other sites like the Exchange that cater perfectly to those kind of creators and MTS2, as one of the *only* sites that has actual Creator Guidelines and a moderation queue (seriously, how many other sites even have this?), *must* have guidelines and *must* strive for the best quality stuff.

Instructor
#171 Old 4th Jul 2010 at 10:12 PM
I reveived a PM that said one of my uploads was tagged. It told me to got to my profile in order to see and edit the tagged upload. I went there (to Creators Issues and to my scorecard) but I can't see the yellow triangles or something else that points me out which upload needs editing. Is there a way to figure it out? I want to modify my uploads but I don't know which.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#172 Old 5th Jul 2010 at 7:03 AM
Sims MX: You will have gotten a PM about it too.

Page 7 of 7