Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#126 Old 2nd Jul 2006 at 4:35 PM
um... what if I don't want to download that much? can you just tell me easily?
Advertisement
Part-time Hermit
#127 Old 3rd Jul 2006 at 4:18 AM
I don't think there is a simple, short way of telling everything essential in the tutorial, if that's what you mean. I recommend you download the whole tutorial if you're interested in what's taught in it.
Fluffy
retired moderator
Original Poster
#128 Old 3rd Jul 2006 at 9:53 PM
well, gee, we have a two-step method to making fabulous meshes but we're just not releasing it to the general public

you're gonna have to go through a lot more trouble than downloading a little tutorial before you can make a mesh
this and JWoods' tutorial is as easily as you're gonna get
Test Subject
#129 Old 4th Jul 2006 at 11:50 AM
Default Thanks
Thank You
Test Subject
#130 Old 7th Jul 2006 at 8:58 PM
thanks for these tutorial.
Test Subject
#131 Old 9th Jul 2006 at 7:39 PM
Tnx ! Maybe know i can learn how to use Blender!
Test Subject
#132 Old 12th Jul 2006 at 5:33 PM Last edited by IgnorantBliss : 12th Jul 2006 at 5:36 PM. Reason: edited to combine posts
Yeah, I know a little how to use blender a I know a lot about 3ds max and up to this moment, I recognized that 3ds max is a lot easier than Blender, but Blender is a lot better, so use blender, it is really better

and these tutorials that he passed really help

congrats, Lethe_s
Test Subject
#133 Old 25th Aug 2006 at 1:13 PM
Im a anewbie so i dont know much. is it possible to make objects with 3d canvas
Test Subject
#134 Old 1st Sep 2006 at 1:56 AM
I don't own rar and so i cant get this to work. I have no trouble getting objects downloaded coz i just extracct them but it doesnt work with this. could u maybe post a written tutorial plz?
Part-time Hermit
#135 Old 1st Sep 2006 at 4:39 AM
Spectic, then you should get WinRAR , or some other program that can open WinRAR. WinRAR can be downloaded here, and, for example, 7-Zip can also open rar files.
Fluffy
retired moderator
Original Poster
#136 Old 1st Sep 2006 at 7:56 AM
Spectic,

I've never heard of 3d canvas, but if you are able to export .obj files with it, it could work
also, considering the tutorial is, I think 30-something pages long, posting it in html is really not an option
as IB said, just get WinRAR, it will make your life much easier anyway
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#137 Old 4th Sep 2006 at 6:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by snakeskinner
Were Can I Get The Blender Program ??? May Be A Stupid Question...

Maybe, if you really feel like sitting and waiting for a reply when you could type "blender 3d" into Google and have results instantly.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Part-time Hermit
#138 Old 4th Sep 2006 at 7:12 AM
There should also be a link in the tutorial once you download and open it.
Test Subject
#139 Old 27th Sep 2006 at 6:59 AM
Hii!!
First of all...this tutorial has helped me a lot, so thanks for that....The only thing I get stuck on is the UV mapping.

My screen doesn't really look like yours...I can't find: ''LSCM Unwrap''.
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g...die/blender.jpg

When I did the other tutorial (JWoods' Start to Finish) I did the UV Mapping with that ''UV Mapper programe'', so can I do that bit with the UV Mapper instead of the part in Blender....?
I hope you get what I mean.....

Fleur
Fluffy
retired moderator
Original Poster
#140 Old 27th Sep 2006 at 7:52 AM
fleur,
of course you can do the mapping with UV Mapper I'm just offering an alternative in this tutorial
to find LSCM Unwrap, though, you just press 'u' in the uv face select window
you'll get a list of choices (just like when you press spacebar)
Test Subject
#141 Old 27th Sep 2006 at 8:21 AM
ow okeej thanks...
Instructor
#142 Old 9th Oct 2006 at 8:38 PM
This is great! Thank you so much!
I took a 3D class in my high school where we used Lightwave 8.0, and as a result I couldn't deal with the interface offered by Wings 3D, and as a college student the thought of being able to afford even Milkshape, let alone Maya or 3Ds Max, was a bit of a laugh, but Blender was still driving me up a wall with my inability to find the correct viewports!
Now at last I can start working on my own custom content!

Contemplating making Golden Sun stuff for TS2.
Test Subject
#143 Old 31st Oct 2006 at 3:58 AM
i know i'll seem weird but what does simsPE stand for umm i aasked someone but they saids they would not tell me
Fluffy
retired moderator
Original Poster
#144 Old 31st Oct 2006 at 7:40 AM Last edited by Lethe_s : 31st Oct 2006 at 7:50 AM.
it stands for Simple Package Editor or The Sims 2 Package Editor
all you have to do is google it or do one of the dozens of tutorials that explain exactly what it does
Test Subject
#145 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 11:08 PM
Default uvmapping issue
Hello. I just wanted to say that this tutorial has been very helpful. It took me hours to get through it and I've finally reached the uvmapping stage and I'm having a few problems. First off, there's nothing that says LSCM Unwrap under my UV Calculations and so I pressed "U" like you said and just plain "unwrap" is a choice but no LSCM. So I clicked the unwrap anyways cause that's all I could find. When I go to the UV Image Editor my screen looks nothing like yours. I know it's supposed to have all the shelves all squished and then we go on to fix that but I don't even have that. All I have is that lighter grayish square completely covered in blue. I was really confused but I went on to see if doing the next step would help and it doesn't at all so I'm not sure what to do. I've gone back several times and redid steps leading up to that but nothing is working. I was wondering if you had any suggestions.
Test Subject
#146 Old 25th Nov 2006 at 12:01 AM
Hello,

I belive I have finished my mesh perfectly, the only thing I am having problems with the UV Mapping. I load my model into UV mapper classic, then export the uvs. It exports as a .uvs file. But when I go to map it, it wont work- paint nor photoshop supports this file extention...So, I tried again, this time I saved the texture map instead of exporting it, and the file extension was jpg. I applied the texture to my map and when I tried to import it back into the program, it only imports .uvs and .obj files. When I import it anyway I get the message "Incompatable Facet Structure" I have tried to map it with other programs, same problem.

Im totaly stumped, can you help me?
Test Subject
#147 Old 26th Nov 2006 at 2:50 AM
this stuff is so confusing i downloaded blender then i looked around for titorials on how to do this stuff and this site does not work when i download these thing so ya i need help cause i really want to learn how to do stuff
Part-time Hermit
#148 Old 26th Nov 2006 at 7:20 AM
aekid1, all the cool kids use punctuation nowadays . I'm in the middle of sending the JWoods Blender tutorial to you as you asked, and I will try to send this one, too.
Test Subject
#149 Old 25th Dec 2006 at 2:59 AM
Default Blender
Has anyone used blender for body meshes? I know you can do objects with it (although my tutorial table had funky legs on it - still trying to figure that one out). I know from looking at Blender's web page you can do all kinds of things, the gallery shots are awesome, but wondering if anyone has done a tutorial for body meshing using Blender yet? I don't mod enough to make buying Milkshape an option, and I found Blender to be more functional for multiple things moreso than Wings 3d.
Fluffy
retired moderator
Original Poster
#150 Old 25th Dec 2006 at 9:38 AM
moosedawg,
the problem with blender is it doesn't support smd files, which are needed for the animation of body and hair meshes.
I believe there's been talk of a plugin for ages, but untill there actually is one, no bones can be assigned in blender.
Page 6 of 9