Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Dec 2018 at 3:55 AM
Default Witches Brew, still can't spellcast
Used alchemy potion witches brew to turn my sim into a witch. She still couldn't cast magic or use a wand. Tried using NRAAS to turn her occult state to human and back to witch. Didn't fix it. Tried reset sim, also didn't help. Checked her traits... she doesn't have spellcasting trait. Added it back in but of course this exceeds the amount of traits she's supposed to have because it's not a "hidden" trait... but she can now cast spells, so I consider this a temporary fix (since it will apparently go away if she goes on vacation or ages???) This is really dumb, lmao, it took so long to learn that potion then I had to wait all winter for her to go fishing for toads!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 5th Dec 2018 at 4:22 AM
Which is really weird as well because she'd already started improving her spellcasting level using the fortune telling table prior to becoming a witch. (It gave me a popup saying she had learned the good luck charm and everything). She'd also used the spellbook to learn all the spells but IDK if that raises spellcasting ability
Scholar
#3 Old 5th Dec 2018 at 5:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by faerytech
Which is really weird as well because she'd already started improving her spellcasting level using the fortune telling table prior to becoming a witch. (It gave me a popup saying she had learned the good luck charm and everything). She'd also used the spellbook to learn all the spells but IDK if that raises spellcasting ability

Don't worry about those. Non witches can also learn spellcasting with the store magic set.

Your main problem is the alchemy brew and Nraas Mc unable to turn your sim into a witch. Which is weird. Was she already some kind of Occult? Are you using Nraas Hybrid? If so use the stable version of hybrid rather than the latest one.

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Mad Poster
#4 Old 5th Dec 2018 at 5:44 AM
This isn't my specialty area by any means, but am puzzled by a couple of things here.

1 - Since when is the spellcasting trait not hidden? I always thought it was, and therefore never counts as part of the number of traits a sim is allowed to have. What am I missing?
2 - The fully released version of NRaas Hybrid (v10) is the most recent one. We don't currently have a version in beta testing, so am not clear what was meant "the stable version."
Scholar
#5 Old 5th Dec 2018 at 6:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
2 - The fully released version of NRaas Hybrid (v10) is the most recent one. We don't currently have a version in beta testing, so am not clear what was meant "the stable version."

There was a version that had glitches with some of the fairy interactions and fireblasting on fireplace. Are those fixed now?

Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Dec 2018 at 11:06 AM
Ah, I am using a mod that unlocks all traits across all ages. That's most likely why it refuses to be hidden. I haven't had any issues with creating occult sims in CAS. I think I know a fix... I'll just open her in CAS and make her a witch. Using witches brew does make you a genetic witch, doesn't it?
Mad Poster
#7 Old 5th Dec 2018 at 5:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PuddingFace
There was a version that had glitches with some of the fairy interactions and fireblasting on fireplace. Are those fixed now?

The current version (v10) does have an issue with the fairy bloom interaction on plants (doesn't work). It will be fixed in the next beta release, but again right now there isn't one. The fireblasting afraid I am not familiar with, but if it's been noted I am sure that will be addressed as well. But v10 fixed a lot more than it broke over the prior fully released version.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 5th Dec 2018 at 11:21 PM
Well, it didn't fix the problem, but I'm just dealing with it for now since it seems to be an issue caused by another mod.
Scholar
#9 Old 6th Dec 2018 at 4:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
The current version (v10) does have an issue with the fairy bloom interaction on plants (doesn't work). It will be fixed in the next beta release, but again right now there isn't one. The fireblasting afraid I am not familiar with, but if it's been noted I am sure that will be addressed as well. But v10 fixed a lot more than it broke over the prior fully released version.

Thank you for your reply. I'm not rushing or anything I know Chain is busy.

@faerytech Does that mod do that to all hidden traits? If so I think you should remove that because that will cause a lot more problems.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 6th Dec 2018 at 6:59 PM
I'm removing it now and looking for one that just unlocks all traits across all ages, or maybe just live without it. In my legacies I do a thing where I randomize their baby traits, then choose for their child and teen traits one trait each from mom and dad. It annoyed me to not be able to choose certain traits because they were age locked.