9 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#7426 Old 26th Jan 2019 at 10:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PenelopeT
I've actually thought of doing that before, but since I go long stretches without sharing things it didn't seem worth it.

Also, I don't want a hobby to become a chore...which is what trying to maintain a blog would feel like. So, for now I'm content with just posting here and at GoS.

You can use the Journal on here and use Sims File Share to host them.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#7427 Old 27th Jan 2019 at 8:45 PM
Switching skin defaults is so hard. On one hand I'm so tired of my current defaults, and on the other hand it's too weird seeing my old sims in any new skin.
Mad Poster
#7428 Old 28th Jan 2019 at 10:22 PM Last edited by gazania : 29th Jan 2019 at 10:16 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Are you not allowed CC in a theme submission? Hope you're feeling better.

The list would have been really long, and I am not fond of long lists when I submit a lot for download. The more-CC list for Naftali (my dorm here) was even a couple of CC items too long for my tastes, and I believe it was no more than a couple of dozen CC items, including recolors.

I have a whole bunch of classrooms designed for subjects such as cooking, music, fine arts, political science, avian science, general science, etc. etc., so I don't need those. The one building I've been meaning to work on is an aggie (agricultural)-type building. To do that, though, I would definitely need different kinds of farm animals, things appropriate for barns. coops and stalls, etc. I would use Sun&Moon's chickens and ducks, so there would be off-site links to those, and the total CCs in those are pretty high (but so worth it, IMO). I would include some of kativip's animal statues because of their quality, and that site concerns some because of the ads. However, I would have to link to it because it it would be extremely bad manners not to. I might have been able to use some Plumbbob keep animals instead. I might have even included Rebecah's butter churn from Affinity Sims and/or Crisps and Kerosene's ice cream stand (or Exnem's ice cream machine), since many aggie colleges make and sell products from their animals.

I could have made a lot separate from the building for the animals, but I like the idea of my Sims getting a little hands-on experience raising the ducks and chickens on the lot (picking up eggs and hatching chicks). While there are moving cows, those are NPCs, I believe. Ooh .... forgot pig and sheep statues!

Maybe I could have left out the cows, pigs and sheep (probably a good idea ... stick to the poultry!) and see if one of the custom food stands here have a lot of products using eggs. Still a large CC list, though!

Since a classroom or two might be nice, I would have included a Sophie-David lectern and the nature/animal item (the bird, I believe). All of my school lots concerning subjects have classrooms.

I don't think you can have proper Maxis gardens that you can tend and harvest (there is a way to make a community lot into a community garden, but unless I have a student buy the lot and stall the Sim for a long time on-campus using a mod, or have rich Sims take over once the originals graduated, I could not do that in Uni.) However, the grapevines from Sun&Moon and the berry bushes might be nice, as well as several of the trees. You can harvest those and consume the produce. More CC PLUS a mod or two! I might have made a separate lot for gardens, though, since I don't think I can put this all on one lot without a lot of lagging.

With everything going on in my life, this CC list would have been too unwieldy, and I have a lot of personal issues going on. But this wasn't for lack of desire!

My campus has both modern buildings constructed for classrooms and old houses once part of the original property converted into classrooms. I have been toying with converting a farmhouse, but a modern classroom might have worked better. I could have also done an old-style classroom building. I just couldn't make up my mind!

It's no wonder I haven't even made one for my custom campus within the last couple of years, and I already HAVE the CC!

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Theorist
#7429 Old 29th Jan 2019 at 2:05 AM
Just got worried that something was wrong my my colour perception or my monitor because all the walls looked way more green on the house than in the catalogue. Turns out nothing was wrong, it's just spring in my neighbourhood :-P

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Forum Resident
#7430 Old 29th Jan 2019 at 11:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
Now that I'm finally used to it, I LOVE a gaming mouse for Sims builds! I got one that has what's usually a "sniper" button, I guess, but I programmed it as a SHIFT key, and two paired keys that are perfect for rotating objects and adjusting their height if they're wall-mounted... makes things so much easier!

Real question is- how long did it take you to get used to it? My mouse is like second nature. I tried a coworker's gaming mouse at work, and I felt like the princess and the pea.

I've been playing my uni sims for a week and I got in such a rut, I felt like I was the one back in school. I think the issue is that I need fewer playables per household. I can play a 10 person family without breaking a sweat, but I hit 4 uni students and I'm so overwhelmed with balancing all the needs, wants, and classes.
Mad Poster
#7431 Old 30th Jan 2019 at 2:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by inspiredzone
Real question is- how long did it take you to get used to it? My mouse is like second nature. I tried a coworker's gaming mouse at work, and I felt like the princess and the pea.

I'd say maybe two, three weeks? Not much longer than getting used to a new keyboard or a new monitor really...

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Top Secret Researcher
#7432 Old 30th Jan 2019 at 5:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
Switching skin defaults is so hard. On one hand I'm so tired of my current defaults, and on the other hand it's too weird seeing my old sims in any new skin.

The solution is to take a skin that's similar, but better! ^^
Making some new recolors and really loving the result so far... Probably going to upload them here!
Top Secret Researcher
#7433 Old 31st Jan 2019 at 5:24 PM
I don't understand the logic of covering the preview-sim in intrusive underwear in Body Shop when you've just seen the skin naked in the projects folder.
Also the fact that colors don't look the same in body shop as in the game is REALLY FREAKING UNHELPFUL.
Okay, random sims rant over.
Alchemist
#7434 Old 1st Feb 2019 at 3:40 PM
I thought Sims TV had a drama channel, but they don't, and I think it's a little surprising that the devs left it out. I extracted all of the tv shows from TS3 to use in TS2 (TS3 shows use TS2 Sims, and the quality is higher than the tv clips that shipped with TS2), and there's no logical folder to sort a lot of them into.
Theorist
#7435 Old 1st Feb 2019 at 4:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
I thought Sims TV had a drama channel, but they don't, and I think it's a little surprising that the devs left it out. I extracted all of the tv shows from TS3 to use in TS2 (TS3 shows use TS2 Sims, and the quality is higher than the tv clips that shipped with TS2), and there's no logical folder to sort a lot of them into.

That's a really good idea I always found it weird that they put SIms 2 movies on the Sims 3 TV. It's like "Hey, remember how good Sims used to look in the last game? Here have a refresher each time your sedated-looking double chins turns on the TV!"

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Top Secret Researcher
#7436 Old 1st Feb 2019 at 10:53 PM
There's a tutorial somewhere on making custom channels.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Alchemist
#7437 Old 5th Feb 2019 at 4:27 AM
Thanks. I just dumped them all into the Sims Broadcasting Network folder in the end.

Does anyone else have so many Sim ideas that it results in not doing any of them? I envy people who can just get things done instead of having a ton of half finished CC and neighborhoods.
Lab Assistant
#7438 Old 5th Feb 2019 at 12:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo

Do you think you could share the extracted clips? I don't have TS3 installed and I don't want to install it just to extract them myself, but I'd like them in my game too.
Alchemist
#7439 Old 5th Feb 2019 at 3:16 PM
Mad Poster
#7440 Old 5th Feb 2019 at 4:47 PM
Sims give you hints at what there "Aspiration" should be with Nighat Caliente wanting a new family member when she is still a child.
Her Aspiration says it is Family and I am following what the wiki says for all the born in game The Beginning of Pleastview sims.
https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Nighat_Caliente
Screenshots

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Instructor
#7441 Old 6th Feb 2019 at 5:19 PM
After seeing some interesting '50s/'60s content for TS2, I'm thinking it would be a nice settlment for "The Beginning of Pleasantview" that I was planning to attach to one of the many beautiful Old Town remakes in the web... On the plus side, I could completely rebuild the TS2 folder + Downloads so I wouldn't have to wait the game to load for 20 mins but, at the same time, I don't have time to play my main hood or complete the MM hood I was planning to share.

I wish I had these nice ideas while I was unemployed
Instructor
#7442 Old 7th Feb 2019 at 1:23 PM
Time for me to face it. I need to install the 4GB patch. The game can't help all the high-poly CC anymore.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Mad Poster
#7443 Old 8th Feb 2019 at 4:27 AM
I feel bad not taking advantage of the Simming potential of my computer more, and not getting more creations up for people to enjoy... but at the same time, I have enough 'real' things in my life that I HAVE TO have to do, I don't want to make Simming feel like something I HAVE to do too!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Field Researcher
#7444 Old 8th Feb 2019 at 10:28 AM Last edited by jain : 8th Feb 2019 at 10:40 PM.
My sim accepted a casual outing offer from a friend she didn't know very well but would like to. She put on a sultry dress, heels, and a hot shade of red lipstick and met him at a nice restaurant. She was just seated and turned around to see who else he had invited. It was her father and his best buddy.
Forum Resident
#7445 Old 9th Feb 2019 at 5:56 AM
I have 3 lots that are at least 75% finished that I can't get myself to work on. I haven't been in the mood to build lately. I don't even have the desire to build in my playable hood, and that's an actual problem because I'm running out of houses. I feel silly leaving them so close to finished for months now. I put one lot in my hood for testing. The lot name is literally "Museum Semi-Final" and I see it shaming me in the list every time my sims are going to travel to a downtown lot.
Top Secret Researcher
#7446 Old 9th Feb 2019 at 7:43 AM
Download lots! Or put on music (your own music, not the game's :P) while you build. That always helps me. Everything gets easier with music!
Scholar
#7447 Old 9th Feb 2019 at 9:12 AM
Sim.
days till elder
yep, think I put an extra zero in the character file in SimPE.
He'll be making use of it for sure.
Theorist
#7448 Old 9th Feb 2019 at 3:52 PM
Too bad maintaining a large vegetable garden in unpredictable weather in real life is not as easy as it is in game. Even with the extreme weather mods I have installed, I just realized that my gardening/farming sims have it pretty easy...even when things do go wrong.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Top Secret Researcher
#7449 Old 9th Feb 2019 at 7:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims2Christain
Sim.
days till elder
yep, think I put an extra zero in the character file in SimPE.
He'll be making use of it for sure.

Well I did this on purpose:
Field Researcher
#7450 Old 9th Feb 2019 at 9:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PenelopeT
Too bad maintaining a large vegetable garden in unpredictable weather in real life is not as easy as it is in game. Even with the extreme weather mods I have installed, I just realized that my gardening/farming sims have it pretty easy...even when things do go wrong.

Right! It's unfair, honestly.
Page 298 of 516