Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#2851 Old 13th Nov 2019 at 3:10 PM
(Copying my comment from the other thread so I'm not the last one off topic there )

I bet it'll be kind of close between Arts & Crafts and Happy Haunts. Fans have been wanting more hobby stuff (especially pottery wheel and knitting for elders) for years and two careers are a good selling point for Happy Haunts (plus feeding the starving occult fans).
But Self-Care Routines is a complete joke wtf A watch that does... what does it do? More teas and drinks that are just recolored stuff of each other and give moodlets! One trait! A freaking blender!!! (I could've sworn we already have a blender in game tbh )

Btw, I skipped through the survey part of the stream and SimGuruNinja himself said a few times "But we already have that in game" when they talked about the fitness equipment and telescope

But do I understand that correctly - The survey is only available in the game? I guess it makes sense to stop fake votes, but I wish it was also an option to vote with our EA account or something.
And we'll only be able to choose one of the gameplay things listed under the theme? That will certainly lead to disappointment.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2852 Old 13th Nov 2019 at 3:18 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 13th Nov 2019 at 3:46 PM.
Stuff packs are more like smaller set of things. Want some outdoor content? Spend 30 dollars for a Large variety of hot tubs, a waterslide pack and a bunch of plants that make your garden romantic. I wouldn't see myself spending on this type of packs, because essentially they're made only for a gameplay object offering than decent or finished collection of good looking objects. Į also think the TV stuff pack could have included a set for building movie theaters, but noope.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Instructor
#2853 Old 13th Nov 2019 at 4:09 PM
Thought it's interesting to point out that 1 out of 5 of the categories is NOT guilty of repeat content.

-Fitness offers the Vegan trait, Vegetarian is already in the game. I sincerely doubt the difference is THAT significant for gameplay that this warrants a trait, unless the vegan trait makes your Sim announce their veganism every time they enter a room
-Fun-tech is just a dozen new video game consoles. I don't see how having a virtual putting green for example is somehow revolutionary over that virtual reality box in the base game
-Science stuff has a desktop microscope. Let me get this straight: we've been complaining about oversized objects since release, and now you want to SELL US the normal-sized crap?! This is the most guilty category honestly and it's doomed to lose for that reason. 4 out of 5 of it's features are reskins/recycled content
-Haunted Stuff has the Haunted House lot trait when there's already a haunted lot trait. Guess the difference is the god damned house has a ghost now...? Hell if I know.

Do they not actually play their game and genuinely forgot these are already included, or are they just being lazy again...?
Forum Resident
#2854 Old 13th Nov 2019 at 4:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DeservedCriticism
Do they not actually play their game and genuinely forgot these are already included, or are they just being lazy again...?

Well, considering it took them this long to fix something like raining at GeekCon ruining everything if Seasons is installed, I'd say maybe some of both. Even then, the patch notes only mention that they're LESS likely to break now. Like, this shouldn't have been an issue at all in the first place.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Mad Poster
#2855 Old 13th Nov 2019 at 4:32 PM
If somebody has said there are no dairy-EXCLUSIVE and dish choice for vegans ALREADY, then lol. Į mean, somebody will eventually run into "oh shit!" expression upon stumbling the issue, the very moment when it'll be the task to actually make the frikkin useless trait. My god, they honestly don't think through. Į don't think laziness has anything to do with it, because from my experience your at least not fucking absent minded and do use your head even when you're not putting any effort. That's like doing a school test and reusing exact answer to all the question that aren't related to one another, just to pass for another grande year or graduate. You have to be one of the kind to do that whilst genuinely think "I'm 100 sure this will blow up (in success)". And since devs themselves confess they don't play the game themselves ("I'm more of a builder"), I believe that as a fact.

Instructor
#2856 Old 13th Nov 2019 at 4:36 PM
I still say the only way to make vegan worthwhile and justify it's existence in the face of the vegetarian trait is if vegan prompts your Sims to announce they're vegan when entering a room, thus causing a relationship dip with all Sims in the room.

Vegan won't win though. I had to laugh during the livestream cause the moment they said "vegan trait" the chat just unanimously filled up with "no."
Forum Resident
#2857 Old 13th Nov 2019 at 5:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chax
We get it you don't like vegans, can you stop now

Honestly though, I'd say it's less about the inclusion about a "Vegan" trait in and of itself, and more to do with the fact that it won't really change anything up. Just like all the other traits in this game.

I've always thought traits like Vegan/Vegetarian added very little to the game in the first place. They honestly don't even work as traits. Both are not a core part of someone's personality, they're a lifestyle choice.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2858 Old 13th Nov 2019 at 5:03 PM
Sewing would be a great way to introduce “CAST” back into the game, similar to TS2. There not actual casting going on - just an object with a quarter billion swatches based on which pattern was used. Have a few staple pieces for each age group.

The technology to CAST an things is in the game if they wanted to take it that far. They could limit it to select items in the catalog when sewing. Would be great.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#2859 Old 13th Nov 2019 at 5:07 PM
But they're are in lifestyle category.

And lol, I think the same thing that developers may steorotype them as such. Of course, not aš meaningful as decreasing relationship in AOF, but randomly receiving "I'm vegan!" happy moodlet I heard reports that vegeterian Sims, because of a bug, do willingly choose to eat meat autonomously, despite regretting afterwards. So, yeah working on a similar one without fixing the other (if it hasn't been) is a bad move.

Instructor
#2860 Old 13th Nov 2019 at 5:13 PM
We get it you don't like vegans, can you stop now

Nah honestly it's more about how if they wanted to actually validate the trait apart from vegetarians, that's legit all I can think of. I feel like they'd have to do the gimmicky, mocking role with the trait, otherwise who honestly cares? "Wow, this sim can't eat meat but this one can't eat meat OR dairy! WOW!!!" It has minimal effect on gameplay and isn't worth bothering with....unless it's in a joking manner and they add a social aspect to it. :D
Mad Poster
#2861 Old 13th Nov 2019 at 5:20 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 13th Nov 2019 at 5:32 PM.
Wdym? There will always be a person (vegan / a friend of one in this case) who will squeak and squirt over being able to create relatable Sim. "Ahhhhh1 My Sim receives +1 " animals my friends uwu" and - 1 "im murdurer." emolet when not eating and eating meat respectively. So realistic; i <3 sImS tEaM thxxxxxs.

Nothing wrong with that. Į would wet myself too if there was worthwhile content. Anywho, more power to fans.

Honestly, a better trait imo would been a jock (that flex the stereotype they have). Similar, yet different to Active one. Of course, execution matters. I'm sure somebody can think of ways these Sims could be meaningful. 'Player' could also be an idea, where they have better odds at winning and faster levelling rate related to sport skill (bowling, basket for instance). If vegan does not, or fails as of bug result, deliver autonomy alteration related to eating, then it will end up as generic underwhelming moodlet boost trait.

Well, maybe my creativity isn't to its fullest, but would anyone still prefer vegan one over those that aren't remotely related to vegeterian one?

Forum Resident
#2862 Old 13th Nov 2019 at 5:26 PM
It's simple what a Vegan trait would encompass. I can see the description already.

"Vegan Sims don't like to eat their animal friends, and will become quite tense when doing so. They'll also become sad seeing other Sims doing so."

Basically, another completely useless emotion-based trait that's nothing like the real thing. Although it would be pretty funny to see a completely negative trait like that and the reactions people would have.

Edit: Felt I should mention that the "negative" refers to having a trait that only gave negative emotion boosts, like what I described. Not vegans themselves.

Field Researcher
#2863 Old 13th Nov 2019 at 11:37 PM
That sounds like the child of the ocean trait. They get a buff if they eat seafood
Mad Poster
#2864 Old 14th Nov 2019 at 1:52 PM
Į think vegan and vegeterian should be habits Sims make based on the diet they go about routinely, instead of being traits. More you eat something, the more likely you'll become a fan of it. This kind of hidden system would also represent the concept of favorite meals again like in TS3.

Forum Resident
#2865 Old 14th Nov 2019 at 2:36 PM
Hey I want a pottery wheel.

I've watched the live and :
We have to choose between 5 themes and ONE thing in that theme (more things to choose from during the survey) :
https://imgur.com/a/LkwKmWI

This is sh*t though I'm sorry but they're spending more time doing all that crap than it'd take to just put together a hobby pack or something.

Am I the only one annoyed by the fact that they're trying to sell us a trait as a gameplay feature for a pack ? They're getting even lazier. It's been 5 years and the trait category is still empty as f*ck. And we're still blocked with 3 traits... Ugh, just forget about me, I'm still getting mad when thinking about HuH SiMs ArE ReAlLy UnIqUe ThIs TiMe but we get THREE traits to give them a f*cking personality.

They're also trying to actually resell the Haunted lot trait. We shouldn't be surprised, but here we are
Forum Resident
#2866 Old 14th Nov 2019 at 4:14 PM
Perhaps they should create a new category in CAS : you'd have your 3 personality traits per usual but then you'd have a "lifestyle choices" category with three more slots and they could put different diets anddddd... I don't know what else but, you know, LIFESTYLE CHOICES. Of course they would never do that but

Oh, do you mean little things like adding favorite colors, food, music, turn-on and turn-offs, zodiac sign?
Mad Poster
#2867 Old 14th Nov 2019 at 5:51 PM
More traits general slots been requested many time, but don't seem any indication we're getting them soon. Though I rather wait for flashed out traits before additional slots are added. Vegan/vegetarian seem like traits, that have little effect just to hog a place for other meaningful traits that deserve more. It's a thing you something choose than being a tendency,

Instructor
#2868 Old 14th Nov 2019 at 8:14 PM
My god, please, stop, this is painful

...And a category for hobbies ! Like TS2 ones but instead of them being random, you'd be able to choose from 0 to 10 ! And with at least 5 points in one hobby, you'd start with already 3 levels ahead in the skill related to that hobby if there is one (but you could choose 2).

Man, sims are really empty as f*ck in TS4.....

Ain't it sad when a game that's over a decade old is more advanced with game features than a game made today, but we aren't supposed to call them lazy or say there's a lack of ambition/drive in developing the sims in current time.
Forum Resident
#2869 Old 14th Nov 2019 at 9:23 PM
can't use mc pregancy and move sims around it gets sims pregnant in university and moves out sims who are enrolled in uni
Lab Assistant
#2870 Old 14th Nov 2019 at 10:03 PM
Can we all just agree that, whichever pack wins, we're going to pressure the hell out of them to include children? I'm so sick of them being left out of EVERYTHING.
Instructor
#2871 Old 15th Nov 2019 at 4:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Aularen
Can we all just agree that, whichever pack wins, we're going to pressure the hell out of them to include children? I'm so sick of them being left out of EVERYTHING.

Who cares? It's a stuff pack and it'll be shit regardless of what wins. Pretty sure most of us are only showing an interest in this because it fascinates us how bad the team can fuck up. I mean again, 4 out of 5 categories have repeat content listed and advertised as though it were something new. It's astounding how bad this team can get.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2872 Old 15th Nov 2019 at 12:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hiabara
Oh, do you mean little things like adding favorite colors, food, music, turn-on and turn-offs, zodiac sign?

Watch them put these into a date night game pack and sell you online dating.

They don’t actually exist on the Sim. It’s just in the online profile. They’ll tell you your take is picked by an algorithm, but the algorithm just picks a random Sim. The numbers mean nothing.

You can go on a “date” anywhere (there’s no UI for it because it’s just a normal outing), but they said that the dating feature was so robust they had no time to make other dating content except for a food truck object that looks suspiciously like the carts we have 7 billion of already.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#2873 Old 15th Nov 2019 at 1:41 PM
Discover The Night Expansion Pack.

Instructor
#2874 Old 15th Nov 2019 at 7:21 PM
I'm calling it now, and will actually be surprised if the arts and crafts theme gets picked, but I believe that the theme that will get chosen will be self-care or another theme with things we already have in the game and then what they will do to add the icing on the cake is just use a lot of recolors and barely change the meshes for the objects and clothing. I'm just gonna wait. I'm still going to vote in hopes that they actually fairly go with a new theme.
Field Researcher
#2875 Old 18th Nov 2019 at 10:39 PM
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ZGKF6WB

You can now take a vote in the first survey. I kind of liked the Arts and Crafts themed pack with knitting (finally an activity for elders). But knowing EA they would probably manipulate it so that the Fitness Watch Stuff Pack wins and its features being a new accessory for your sims and a bunch of pop-up texts and "fun" menus so you can track down your sims steps and heartbeat... Seriously though? How much more fitness stuff do we need....
Page 115 of 141