Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Space Pony
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jan 2005 at 10:25 AM Last edited by Morague : 19th Jun 2007 at 12:24 PM. Reason: tutorial update
Default How to Unlock the Hidden Clothing - Updated June 19/2007
Aloha

by Morague (updated June 18th, 2007)

The zipped file contains a PDF of this tutorial for off-line reading.

Both our knowledge & SimPE have progressed greatly since I first wrote the original tutorial on how to unlock the clothing more than 2 years ago!

This is a completely revised tutorial – it is much simpler to accomplish the task now. This method works for a majority of the hidden outfits, but it will not always work. There are some outfits that are quite involved, that require actual modding to unlock. Those situations will not be covered here. This is a basic tutorial for people who want to know how to easily unlock an outfit.

Make sure you have the latest version of SimPE from http://sims.ambertation.de/

Before you start you’ll need to find the name of the outfit you want to unlock. The easiest way to do this is to start CAS in debug mode, locate the outfit & write down its name.

To start CAS in debug mode you have to do Ctrl+Alt+ C, then type in boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true to turn it on (boolProp testingCheatsEnabled false to turn it off)

Press Shift+N in CAS to make the hidden clothing appear. Shift+M sets it back to normal

How to Unlock the Hidden Clothing

We will unlock the Techie outfit

1) Load the C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Seasons\TSData\Res\Catalog\skins.package file

2) Click on Property Set in the left panel, then scroll through the list until you find afbodytechie_circuit. Right click on it in the right panel & choose Extract. Save it somewhere like My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Working folder or somewhere where you can find it.

3) Do File Menu >> New, then right click in the big white space in the right panel & choose Add, now locate the Property Set you just extracted. Just click on it & click the open button & SimPE will import it into your package.

4) Save this new file into your My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads folder. Give it a good name like afbodytechie_circuit so you know what the heck the file is 6 months from now!

5) Ok, now that the file is saved, you can make the modifications. Click on the line that says Flags in the bottom, left panel & change the Value in the bottom right panel from 0x00000009 to 0x00000008. Click the Commit button. Save the file.

That is all you have to do to make the outfit show up in the game or Body Shop

Extra Stuff

There are a couple of other things you might like to do before you finish, though. You can change the information in the appropriate line in the bottom panel for the following:

Category

Everyday = 07
Swimwear = 0x08
PJ = 0x10
Formal = 0x20
Undies = 0x40
Skintone = 0x80
Activewear = 0x200

To make the clothing show up in multiple categories, add the numbers together. For example if you have some undies that could also be swimsuits, change the category number to 48 (08 swimwear + 40 undies)

Ages

Baby = 0x20
Toddler = 0x01
Child = 0x02
Teen = 0x04
Young Adult = 0x40
Adult = 0x08
Elder = 0x10

You can safely combine Young Adult & Adult, which would be 48. Some outfits can also be used by elders, so you’d use 58 to make it available to YA, Adult & Elder.

Female = 0x01
Male = 0x02
Both = 0x03

In most cases you cannot make female clothing available for the males or male clothing available for the females because you’ll end up with a gap at the neck. However, the child clothing can be made available for both genders or separated for the toddlers, if you want. For example, I have made the pink toddler pjs only available for the girls.

Morague

P.S. Sorry, I forgot to mention one thing about the Flag numbers - they won't always be 0x00000009 - but it doesn't matter unless it's a hat. Just change the number to one number lower. It's a hex number, so, if it's 0x0000000B you change it to 0x0000000A, if it's 0x00000004 then change it to 0x00000003, etc. Hats require 0x00000002 to make them visible. Generally an uneven number means it is hidden, an even number means it's available.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  How to Unlock the Hidden Clothing.zip (223.9 KB, 1261 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Administrator of Loverat's Tea and Underpants
#2 Old 16th Jan 2005 at 10:42 AM
Yay!!! Someone finally gave an explanation of this Can't wait to try it.

I think this is more "General Modding" so I'm going to move it over there.

Thanks very much
RG
Field Researcher
#3 Old 16th Jan 2005 at 9:29 PM
Oh, thank you so much! That gi mesh will be perfect for a Bruce Lee sim, too!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 16th Jan 2005 at 9:42 PM
Now if you can get that wedding dress to be customizable for any wedding I'll kiss your feet.
Instructor
#5 Old 16th Jan 2005 at 9:43 PM
Great, Morague!!!
I will try that when i have time!
thanks for sharing what you found! :D
#6 Old 16th Jan 2005 at 9:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chbimun
Now if you can get that wedding dress to be customizable for any wedding I'll kiss your feet.

I'm starting to sense a foot theme on this site today. Interesting

RG
Space Pony
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th Jan 2005 at 10:06 PM
chbimun - I'm trying to figure that out but I haven't had much luck yet. Still having access to all these additional meshes will certainly add lots more variety to the game.
Test Subject
#8 Old 16th Jan 2005 at 10:57 PM Last edited by XionValentine : 16th Jan 2005 at 11:19 PM.
eep, I figured it out, I wasn't waiting long enough for it to load it fully

Just gone into body shop to create the texture now Hopefuly it's worked
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 16th Jan 2005 at 11:15 PM
Does this mean you can extract the Bottomless "Trousers", purely for skinning purpouses of course.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#10 Old 16th Jan 2005 at 11:20 PM
fishface60 - I don't know. I have only done the wedding dress, mail outfit & mayor outfit. You'd just have to try it out & let us know.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 16th Jan 2005 at 11:25 PM
hmm, I'm not a very Technical person, so my attempts would be futile, but I read a while back that Allan Akbar was after the Mesh for his sexy Outfits, he would probably do it now that there is this tutorial, I think this should be moved to the Tutorials section.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 16th Jan 2005 at 11:26 PM
soooooo - where is the wedding dress??? Hmmm. I mean, I'm turning blue with holding my breath. Save me, quick.
#13 Old 16th Jan 2005 at 11:33 PM
Hey, this is a good stuff. Must try some experimenting!
great!!!!!!
Test Subject
#14 Old 17th Jan 2005 at 12:01 AM
I just tested it in game... it doesn't really work... unless I've missed something
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 17th Jan 2005 at 12:34 AM
When I'm looking at the 3D ID Referencing File, theres no Commit button so the new Resource Node instance number won't save. :confused: (I have the latest SimPE version, I'm pretty sure. I have 14c)
What do I do?
Space Pony
Original Poster
#16 Old 17th Jan 2005 at 1:36 AM
XionValentine - you must have missed something. This does work, I have tested it in my game with the postal outfit, the weeding dress & the mayor's outfit. I have posted a new gown based on the wedding mesh in the downloads forum. I'll resubmit the original wedding gown - it was rejected the first time.

You have to start with one of mtbeers outfits - otherwise it doesn't work.

Nemi - this is what the screen should look like. You click on the Resourde Node on the left side & then paste into the Instance Number on the right side.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 17th Jan 2005 at 1:45 AM
Thats exactly what it looks like for me, only without a Commit button. Is 14c the latest SimPe?
Space Pony
Original Poster
#18 Old 17th Jan 2005 at 1:57 AM
Hmmm, I think 14d is available now - what screen resoultion are you using? I once couldn't find the Commit button because I was using 800x600 & it wasn't showing, but when I switched to 1024x768 I could see it. maybe that could be the problem?
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 17th Jan 2005 at 2:05 AM
My resolution is 1280x1024.

I just checked the SimPE website though and it seems 14e is the latest. lol Thats probably the problem.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 17th Jan 2005 at 8:33 AM Last edited by Leman0 : 17th Jan 2005 at 11:50 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by fishface60
Does this mean you can extract the Bottomless "Trousers", purely for skinning purpouses of course.

I've been wanting to do this for ages too. Followed the instructions above, but I'm stuck at step 5 as there doesn't appear to be a texture listed anywhere in Sims08.package - Sims11.package which matches the mesh I'm trying to extract (afbottomnaked). Is it possible that there is no texture for this mesh and that the game simply uses the genetic skin as its texture? :confused:

"Y'know, you guys are so unhip it's a wonder your bums don't fall off." ~Zaphod Beeblebrox
retired moderator
#21 Old 17th Jan 2005 at 9:19 AM
And what is an "mtbeer's" dress? I'm not a skinner, but I'm interested in anything new.

RGiles: After testing, this belongs with the tutorials, not in general modding. I've noticed while surfing the different forums, there are tutorials scattered here and there and are probably being missed by many.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 17th Jan 2005 at 9:54 AM Last edited by snazza : 17th Jan 2005 at 9:57 AM.
Just typical. I was trying to do this for ages and finally got it to work last night. Of course NOW there's a tutorial.

Anyway, interesting that you can change the 3IDR of mtbeer's packages, I never thought to try that. Its an issue with SimPE why you can't change the 3IDR in other packages.

The way I eventually did it was by extracting the 3IDR and hex editing the instance and class/id of the CRES reference. By this method you can get bump maps on any outfit.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 17th Jan 2005 at 10:15 AM Last edited by Leman0 : 17th Jan 2005 at 11:50 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by fishface60

Done it!

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...ed=1#post159969

"Y'know, you guys are so unhip it's a wonder your bums don't fall off." ~Zaphod Beeblebrox
#24 Old 17th Jan 2005 at 10:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by snazza
The way I eventually did it was by extracting the 3IDR and hex editing the instance and class/id of the CRES reference. By this method you can get bump maps on any outfit.

Shouldn't need to hex edit to put bump maps on them. You only need to add 4 lines in the Material Description, and that's editable in SimPE. At least that's what I think I know.

RG
Space Pony
Original Poster
#25 Old 17th Jan 2005 at 12:04 PM
mtbeer's outfits can be found in the following threads:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=30448
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=30461

Sorry - I should have included it in the original post.
Page 1 of 9